Orbiter on standby.

salithus

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems that nobody told ODN anything about this abomination.

good show from our hegemony "allies".

Hey, at least they didn't attack you during peace negotiation, 30 minutes late. It could have been worse you know.

I dunno what it is, honestly. It just seems like this GOONS does not carry the character of the GOONS we all loved to hate way back when.

The old character?

With respect, we just got here

Give us some time, man.

What the christ.

)): GOONS )):

Also, nice timing to take advantage of your distracted enemies.

If the subject of

Your crude post was in fact the

One who approached us,

Then perhaps you may

Have had Something of a point.

What if they did not?

I understand, but our name is rather prominent on the document and it is important to me that it is seen in the light I intended.

And I see it in the light you intended. Polar (as hopefully you, but at least others can confirm) have been close to my heart for a long time now. So no disrespect meant there :)

Polaris stands committed to her outlook, regardless of what people may think, we are quite the independent thinker these days. But I am sure everyone is working that out by now.. aren't they.

I know

So GOONS aligned with NPO and NpO, one alliance that openly tried to crush them, and the other willing to give the former a hand.

This is not my old GOONS.

This timing is interesting, but I still wish the best of luck to my old comrades.

Edited by Boondock

If people were curious and would have asked, we might have saved you 10 pages of talking about Pacifica. Polaris was approached by some friendly and nostalgic ex-GOONS asking for protection and we took the lead on this one. Pacifica's involvement came later and you can ask them for their motives if you are curious or jump to your own conclusions as many have already done. Ours were simply and quite honestly to protect some friendly people who came to us asking for just that. There were some reservations at first, but these founders struck us as good people. A lot of great and controversial alliances were founded when someone had the decency to take a chance on their protectorate. Grub was willing to give these guys that chance despite the fact that it might bring us some negative PR. I am confident that these GOONS will be able to make friends with many of you too, once everyone is over the initial shock.

Really good show, I am genuinely glad GOONS are back, thanks.

Alliances don't deserves disbandment or perm ZI.

o/ GOONS welcome back

o/ Polaris for protecting them.

:wub:

breaking haiku for a moment to make a slightly longer point:

If any alliances think they are at war with us, or should be at war with us or anything like that, I urge them to send a diplomat to our forums or our IRC channel so we can actually discuss it.

EDITED TO ADD: Of course we are willing to go to your channel or forum too. All we need to know is if there is a problem that needs to be resolved. I apologize if the previous paragraph sounded presumptuous.

Edited by Lamuella

breaking haiku for a moment to make a slightly longer point:

If any alliances think they are at war with us, or should be at war with us or anything like that, I urge them to send a diplomat to our forums or our IRC channel so we can actually discuss it.

Usually, when you resurface an alliance that is at war with 3/4 of the cyberverse, you go to those alliances and ask for peace, you don't kindly summon them to your embassy to make peace with you.

Edited by shilo

Usually, when you resurface an alliance that is at war with 3/4 of the cyberverse, you go to those alliances and ask for peace, you don't kindly summon them to your embassy to make peace with you.

War was over when GOONS disbanded. The only three alliances to make an issue of them reforming down the road have been dealt with. The only other alliance that was brought up before your post was VE, who don't consider us the same alliance they were at war with. Our bases are covered - if your alliance leadership feels differently, I'd be more than happy to discuss and resolve it with them. Until then, keep on postin'

War was over when GOONS disbanded. The only three alliances to make an issue of them reforming down the road have been dealt with. The only other alliance that was brought up before your post was VE, who don't consider us the same alliance they were at war with. Our bases are covered - if your alliance leadership feels differently, I'd be more than happy to discuss and resolve it with them. Until then, keep on postin'

Well, I guess you are badly informed about the state of affairs then, as the disbanded alliance you are talking about had asked for peace earlier already, so it couldn't have been that disbanded.

Btw, that was turned down by those alliances that now signed peace with you.

The last time, Goons came to ODN to ask for peace, afaik, we weren't even totally opposed, but relying on our allies in this, we turned down the peace offer.

I guess we could have signed peace with you like our allies did it just now, without bothering to ask and such...