10. MHA

11. The Grämlins

----Major drop in score difference

12. Viridian Entente/MCXA

13. The Phoenix Federation

14. The Order of Light

15. World Task Force

16. Ragnarok

I kinda just snuck MCXA in there cause I forgot about them.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you even estimate this sort of thing? If I remember correctly Pacifica almost lost half a point a day NS against MK. I could imagine that being much worse this time around, not that they'll be loosing the war per se but that even more concentrated firepower could be pointed at them. However, it looks like IRON is taking most of the attention in these early goings, so maybe they get the worst of it? So, does anyone know what kind of president there is for a full nuclear war of the MK kind, only dealing with much greater numbers? I mean from that angle, this thing get turn the world upside down.

Hypothetical scenario in which political hegemony is changed for a short-medium term:

Also note NPO and IRON have largest base of Economic wonders to rise back up really fast AND help their allies rise up with them.

The alliances that will loose rankings the quickest are the ones clustered together..and looking at the score, that cluster starts from #3 and ends at #n. All neutral alliances fall in that cluster, they'll just keep rising while all take a fall.

IRON and NPO have a huge buffer, not only they need to fall enough to close the buffer, but also fall faster than others to stop from buffer expanding.

You forget one thing about alliances your size. Deserters.

My top 16 after a month long Great War:

1. New Polar Order (not participating)

2. IRON

3. NPO

4. TDO

5. TOP

6. GPA

7. FOK

8. FARK

9. Sparta

10. MHA

11. The Grämlins

----Major drop in score difference

12. Viridian Entente/MCXA

13. The Phoenix Federation

14. The Order of Light

15. World Task Force

16. Ragnarok

I kinda just snuck MCXA in there cause I forgot about them.

Pretty much this, but I think I'd bump up Sparta just a little, maybe switch them with FOK.

Sure, I'll give it a go...

1. Mostly Harmless Alliance

(The Order of Paradox)

2. New Polar Order

3. Sparta

4. The Democratic Order

5. New Pacific Order

6. Green Protection Agency

7. FOK

8. Independent Republic of Orange Nations

(The Grämlins)

9. Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

10. Fark

11. New Sith Order

(Umbrella)

12. World Task Force

;) May I introduce you to the Mostly Harmless Alliance, the new Evil Overlord of Planet Bob. ;)

I myself think we will be between 2-5 at the end of this war.

So everyone else can chuck in their alliance, and that's fine.

But God forbid the alliances on top now put in thier names. That would just be stupid, suggesting that they will make it out in a better condition than FAN is now. The NPO has been on the winning side in every war it's fought since the Great Patriotic War, I'm pretty sure it will survive a while longer.

Heaven forbid some feelings get hurt. Yes, NPO has been on the winning side in every war it's fought in the post Great Patriotic War era. Alexander the Great and his Macedonians won every war they fought until they were stopped in Asia. Go figure. What goes up must always go down.

Though I do not believe any of the currently sanctioned aliances will be disbarred or forcibly disbanded as a result of this war, I will be quite surprised if NPO and IRON remain in the top two positions. This war will be, if the rumors prove to be somewhat accurate in the smallest capacity, be the end of a bunch of innocent pixels. Those not involved will indubitily be the ones who inherit the top spots in terms of sanction seating.

MK is gonna gain a lot of ground, but don't bet on NPO falling unless people stop talking the talk and start walking the walk

I uh...I think that's what's going on. If you'll recall the last war, MK brought NPO down over 3 million NS on their own. Now with an actual force on the other side, imagine how far down they'll go.

So, does anyone know what kind of president there is for a full nuclear war of the MK kind, only dealing with much greater numbers? I mean from that angle, this thing get turn the world upside down.

The word you seek is precedent.

Sounds like you're talking about the Great Wars. There were III of them :P

This is a accurate theory, ODN will win because they are ODN.

True, no one else would try to bail out on every treaty as ODN does, which means they would keep all of their NS.

My prediction:

1. TOP

2. NpO

3. TDO

4. ODN

5. GDA

6. NSO

7. Grämlins

8. MHA

9. FOK

10. VE

11. IRON

12. Vox

I just typed out a huge post but it's all gone. Oh well, the reasoning is gone but here are my picks.

NPO

NpO

IRON

<big gap>

MHA

Gre

GPA

TDO

Fark

Sparta

Rok

VE

TOOL

<unsanctioned>

MK

GR

MCXA

Echelon

TPF

ODN

lulz edit: GRL will be ranked first.

Edited by Blacky

The word you seek is precedent.

Sounds like you're talking about the Great Wars. There were III of them :P

lol, you're right of course, that is what I meant. Dang Firefox dependency, I need to proof read more! :P

Edited by eyriq

Alliances witha majority of low ANS and low nuke/tech will drop dead, including rok/ve/tool and especially tdo. If we're going to do this properly, IRON will take up the leader position, NPO will be gangbanged after spreading hatred around them, and IRONs nations is stronger on a individual basis.

I also predicts a hard hit for mcxa, the internal problems will be the anvil, and the wr the hammer that with shatter the alliance. I seriously doubt the return of the NpO, but i'm open minded on that one..

Overall, i'd predict a large amount of small elite alliances on planet bob after "the next war", mass alliances will more or less get curbed one after one, the only way of protecting agains that is a lot of nukes, tech and superior organisation/communication. Hopefully, this will also terminate the mdp web, but i'm seriously doubtful about that.

Oh, and ourselves (Top) then.. i'd say nr 2 directrly after the war (after IRON), and then after a while number three after NPO or MHA depending of how good these come out of the war.

GPA and TDO will get a sanction.

NpO will be at the top (don't deny it. How many other alliances get their $@! handed to them and end up in the middle of the sanctioned alliances within half a year?)

MK maybe

STA will get a sanction if they get more members.

Edit: Also, can we stop jinxing the war? It hasn't started yet and there's already 40 war threads.

Edited by Drakedeath

GPA and TDO will get a sanction.

GPA is too passive, people are leaving coz of boredom in all alliances, why would they go to a pacifict alliance?

TDO stands small or no chances if they end up against any elite alliance, they have the numbers, but lack the stats and high tier natons to be a serious threat to anyone.

NpO will be at the top (don't deny it. How many other alliances get their $@! handed to them and end up in the middle of the sanctioned alliances within half a year?)

That was more dependant of NPO. If the big brother hadn't moved for nice peace terms, NpO whouldn't exist on the map today. I do however admit that the NpO recovery has been a masterpiece.

Edit: Also, can we stop jinxing the war? It hasn't started yet and there's already 40 war threads.

Agree agree, but if you have too much time, they cah work as a temp. stress relief.

also, let's speak GGA. I¨'d love to quote ironchef here, but since everyone has read that post, what's the need?

Top 20 directly after war (nobody can really predict how things will look a month or two after the war, because nobody knows how bad the terms will be, or how well the alliances will recover individually):

1. IRON

2. TOP

3. MHA

4. NPO

5. NpO

6. Fark

7. Sparta

8. RoK

9. The Gremlins

10. TDO

11. GPA

12. FOK

13. VE

14. ODN

15. MCXA

16. VE

17. TOOL

18. The Legion

19. Mushroom Kingdom

20. TPF

All of these will be pretty close together, ranging from around 12-15M at the top to around 4-5M on the bottom. Because of this, for example, what actually looks like an insane assumption with NPO down at #4, may not actually be so insane, because of how close together I think the top 20 will be.

Like I said, the recovery of each of the war battered alliances is unpredictable. I don't think TOP will stay in front of MHA for long after the war, however, and I think some of the biggest losers here can very possibly move back to their former position, or at least get somewhat close to it - given a few months.

Edit: I actually went back and estimated the losses of each individual alliance, and then calculated the scores individually for the new stats. These calculations actually changed things up quite a bit. Just so you can see how much it differs from my original first estimation (without individual guesstimations of losses for each alliance, and then calculations of the new stats), I've posted my second round below. I'll include the new scores as well, for you guys to see.

1. IRON - 47.45

2. NPO - 43.08

3. TOP - 40.47

4. Sparta - 36.31

5. MHA - 35.06

6. Fark - 29.49

7. TDO - 28.12

8. The Gremlins - 27.84

9. GPA - 26.28

10. NpO - 26.22

11. RoK - 25.87

12. FOK - 24.11

13. MCXA - 21.85

14. VE - 20.93

15. TOOL - 20.55

16. MK -18.92

17. ODN - 18.90

18. TPF - 18.33

19. The Legion - 17.65

20. GR - 16.00

On a side note, I calculated GGA at 8.40. Whoops? :huh: And yes, TOP is sanctioned. :P

Edited by GearHead

Alliances witha majority of low ANS and low nuke/tech will drop dead, including rok/ve/tool and especially tdo.

Just to point out, our ANS is pretty average among sanctioned alliances. You may be right about nukes and tech per member compared to others, I'd have to look that up.

-Bama