Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

Damn, I have the Pro Lets do every the Direct Democracy Way Trolls going for in GATO and the Anti Everything Else for their Kicks Department Trolls going for it in here

Right now, I see no problems with the Treaty apart from being a standard ad hoc treaty.

And I am going to stick my neck out and say

I applaud MTT for - efficiency, expediency, judgement and faith - the the credentials of being a (sound) leader for when having to sign this Treaty

And thats me offering serious praise

On a more light hearted note - MTT man, you are becoming more like a Prime Minister every day, Parliament needs such people with decisiveness

Now then back to continued rebuilding the Alliance and getting elections under way (nominations are open)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the first act of a sovereign GATO, it is the last act of a subservient one. The viceroy was lifted at 05:59, and the treaty posted at 06:13 ... now I am sure that GATO could not possibly have discussed, written and voted on a treaty in 14 minutes.

It is a PIAT and it is not that important. But please don't insult the intelligence of your readers by claiming that it is the action of a free alliance, when the decision was clearly made while they were still under direct Pacifican control.

Nicely done. I can't help but agree.

I would have to disagree i find GATO is exactly the same community i left in the early days of the Viceroyalty and i spend as much time as i can hanging out on the forum and catching a chat here and there, they have just been low profile. Hell the government is all 'old school' GATO...the names are legends in their own right! :D MTTezla, Kevlar, Wootmeister, Manis B, JM Keynes ...every single one of them instantly identifiable as major figures in GATO's past and of course its future B)

No love? Thanks buddy :P

I never knew that GATO and Polar were so similar.

Hail, brothers!

If you remember we had a Friendship Pact before our last war, which unfortunately was canceled. There is a reason that we spent a damn year trying to get that treaty passed.

What happened to the good ole days of NPO vs GATO hatered!?

The Kaos that divided our friendship has long since past. For my own nation I can say that my people have grown tired of constant wars with GATO and feel that we need to kill other people. But we can still be friends.

However we have still not forgotten that at one time Kevlar was considered a 3 star threat to our nation. The great god Admin said I should attack Kevlar because our lands overlapped and who am I to deny Admin. One day Kevlar ... One day.

Edited by GTTofAK

I am one of those who agree that the CB of GATO-1V, the months of grinding us into dust while ignoring our efforts to surrender without disbanding, and the occupation itself were all in very poor taste. We were forbidden to trade or communicate with the outside world. Some good men were unnecessarily booted. They insisted on root admin forum access as part of the surrender terms (WTF?). Some of that "rebuilding" policy appeared to be an effort to suppress and delay the recovery which we so desperately needed. It lasted for months past its expiration for no observable objective or reason. Yes, fine, that was some pretty unpleasant stuff for GATO. I concede the point.

However, all of that is now (finally) in the past, and let's be fair here.

Were the actions of NPO objectionable? Probably so, yes, but let's also give them credit for some good things along the way. I would have to say that, all things considered, our release would have to be chalked up as a good thing. I honestly believed that it would never happen, so +1 to NPO. Some of us more forward-thinking types liked to think about life after NPO anyway. Better yet, maybe the little treaty thing will deter them from pulling another GATO-1V. Sure, for all we know it could be meaningless or a trick, but I would imagine that, all things considered, that is also a point in favor of NPO. +2 to NPO for making an effort to mend the fences, even if perhaps they were involved in those fences' destruction. Also, I liked Bakamatai from NPO. He's a good man. +3 to NPO for finding and sending people to fiddle around in someone else's alliance.

Finally, there are many fine reasons to hate a person, but distaste for their alliance is not a very good one. The people over there are human beings and players of CN too, and so they already warrant a certain minimum amount of respect because they have that in common with the rest of us. They're a bunch of fat dumbasses sitting at home in front of their computer on Friday night, and so are you, so be nice and make a friend!

There is life after bitterness, and there's a healthy amount of CN gaming future yet to be had. So here's to a future in Planet Bob brimming with hopeful potential. *raises a can of Mellow Yellow in a toast*

Edited by Timoteo

I am one of those who agree that the CB of GATO-1V, the months of grinding us into dust while ignoring our efforts to surrender without disbanding, and the occupation itself were all in very poor taste. We were forbidden to trade or communicate with the outside world. Some good men were unnecessarily booted. They insisted on root admin forum access as part of the surrender terms (WTF?). Some of that "rebuilding" policy appeared to be an effort to suppress and delay the recovery which we so desperately needed. It lasted for months past its expiration for no observable objective or reason. Yes, fine, that was some pretty unpleasant stuff for GATO. I concede the point.

However, all of that is now (finally) in the past, and let's be fair here.

Were the actions of NPO objectionable? Probably so, yes, but let's also give them credit for some good things along the way. I would have to say that, all things considered, our release would have to be chalked up as a good thing. I honestly believed that it would never happen, so +1 to NPO. Some of us more forward-thinking types liked to think about life after NPO anyway. Better yet, maybe the little treaty thing will deter them from pulling another GATO-1V. Sure, for all we know it could be meaningless or a trick, but I would imagine that, all things considered, that is also a point in favor of NPO. +2 to NPO for making an effort to mend the fences, even if perhaps they were involved in those fences' destruction. Also, I liked Bakamatai from NPO. He's a good man. +3 to NPO for finding and sending people to fiddle around in someone else's alliance.

Finally, there are many fine reasons to hate a person, but distaste for their alliance is not a very good one. The people over there are human beings and players of CN too, and so they already warrant a certain minimum amount of respect because they have that in common with the rest of us. They're a bunch of fat dumbasses sitting at home in front of their computer on Friday night, and so are you, so be nice and make a friend!

There is life after bitterness, and there's a healthy amount of CN gaming future yet to be had. So here's to a future in Planet Bob brimming with hopeful potential. *raises a can of Mellow Yellow in a toast*

Nice post.

I've been thinking about this for a while and now I have figured it out. The Majority of the NPO membership has a little piece of GATO from all of the tech they have paid in reps. So, In a sense, NPO and GATO are now unified as one.

I've been thinking about this for a while and now I have figured it out. The Majority of the NPO membership has a little piece of GATO from all of the tech they have paid in reps. So, In a sense, NPO and GATO are now unified as one.

not to mention all the tech gained during the actual fighting in the GATO-1V war :ehm:

Edited by Cataduanes

Well, in case there wasn't enough good news tonight.

The end of one stage of the relationship between the Global Alliance and the New Pacific Order has simply solidified the desire to see a permanent friendship emerge from this experience. Over the past four months serving as Assembly Chair and watching members of both alliances work together and relax together, I can say with some confidence that such a friendship is now more possible than ever. On that note, I am proud to present this treaty of friendship between the Global Alliance and the New Pacific Order.

To a new period of peace and amity!

\Congrats on this treaty

o/NPO

o/GATO