Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or perhaps GATO has a maturity that surpasses that of the anti-Pacifica rabble-rousers and saw the error of its ways.

What exactly was the error?

It doesn't matter what we say, does it? You have your ideas. And nothing, it seems will change them.

I have no choice to take your words at face value. However, I don't rule out the possibility of your words being cohered or that you are fooling yourself.

What exactly was the error?

Clearly they had/have the intelligence to see through the propaganda of hate and the fearmongers and were able to see that NPO is an alliance like any other (and an alliance gracious enough to allow our world to remain in a state of beneficial peace from all who would seek to disrupt our tranquility).

I have no choice to take your words at face value. However, I don't rule out the possibility of your words being cohered or that you are fooling yourself.

So we see the close-minded once again refuse to accept the facts.

Edited by Byron Orpheus

In that case, it seems there's little point in discussing this with you. For whatever I say you can respond with the same reply each time.

My words are not coerced, and the past 200 days that I have spent in GATO are as I said earlier. But read what you want to read, and interpret it as you want.

Clearly they had/have the intelligence to see through the propaganda of hate and the fearmongers and were able to see that NPO is an alliance like any other (and an alliance gracious enough to allow our world to remain in a state of beneficial peace from all who would seek to disrupt our tranquility).

An alliance like any other? Maybe. Do you know any other alliances that have held a 9 month viceroy over another?

lol @ tranquility

So we see the close-minded once again refuse to accept the facts.

I just said I accepted what he said...

I never really understood how an alliance that lost its sovereignty could be able to sign a treaty with the alliance that took said sovereignty. The only conclusion I would ever come to when trying to discern this is that the alliance is hardly the same alliance it was prior to losing sovereignty as it is post-occupation.

Oh well.

Best of luck to this new GATO. I still recognize some of the names in government, and know that they will make the most of their new treaty with the Pacific Order.

I would have to disagree i find GATO is exactly the same community i left in the early days of the Viceroyalty and i spend as much time as i can hanging out on the forum and catching a chat here and there, they have just been low profile. Hell the government is all 'old school' GATO...the names are legends in their own right! :D MTTezla, Kevlar, Wootmeister, Manis B, JM Keynes ...every single one of them instantly identifiable as major figures in GATO's past and of course its future B)

Other than Legion?

And one would have to demand it before the other could agree to it... so your logic fails

And? So what if they demanded it? GATO (or any other alliance) could always refuse terms of peace they found to be unacceptable. Clearly, however, GATO found those terms to be acceptable.

Wow, so you guys can like, dress yourselves for school in the morning now? And you want to be congratulated for that?

:unsure: I swear that every moment I spend on Bob only leads to more confusion.

Congratulations to the alliance of GATO for being able to act like an alliance, or something-like-that, I guess.

I would have to disagree i find GATO is exactly the same community i left in the early days of the Viceroyalty and i spend as much time as i can hanging out on the forum and catching a chat here and there, they have just been low profile. Hell the government is all 'old school' GATO...the names are legends in their own right! :D MTTezla, Kevlar Mightyspoon, Wootmeister, Manis B, JM Keynes ...every single one of them instantly identifiable as major figures in GATO's past and of course its future B)

Edit:way better than kevs

And may the future hold the best of days to us.

This isn't the first act of a sovereign GATO, it is the last act of a subservient one. The viceroy was lifted at 05:59, and the treaty posted at 06:13 ... now I am sure that GATO could not possibly have discussed, written and voted on a treaty in 14 minutes.

It is a PIAT and it is not that important. But please don't insult the intelligence of your readers by claiming that it is the action of a free alliance, when the decision was clearly made while they were still under direct Pacifican control.

This isn't the first act of a sovereign GATO, it is the last act of a subservient one. The viceroy was lifted at 05:59, and the treaty posted at 06:13 ... now I am sure that GATO could not possibly have discussed, written and voted on a treaty in 14 minutes.

It is a PIAT and it is not that important. But please don't insult the intelligence of your readers by claiming that it is the action of a free alliance, when the decision was clearly made while they were still under direct Pacifican control.

This wise person has won the thread. :awesome: I can't believe that they expect us to fall for this stuff all the time.

Winner.

It's not quite that bad. From what I've been told the PIAT was offered ~2 days before GATO was set free and signing it was not a condition for freedom. And the truth is that the majority of people the NPO brought over to help GATO were friendly, knowledgeable, and did their jobs well. Sure there were one or two bad eggs but on the whole the experience was good and it isn't surprising that GATO might want to remain friends with the NPO.

That said I feel that both GATO and the NPO dropped the proverbial PR football a little here. They both should have mentioned the above fact in their announcement so as to stave off the all those that would claim a foul was committed. Also, in my opinion that fumble makes it unfair for anyone to claim those questioning the treaty don't truly support GATO. What are people supposed to think when the alliance that attacked and enslaved GATO for petty reasons lets them go only to be given a treaty nearly instantly?

So please GATO, make sure to give us complete announcements, especially on issues that are likely to be as controversial as this one.

Edited by Ragashingo