Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

The trolls in this thread make me krim, pathetic I would call it

You guys all scream for GATO release, but when they get release and sign a PIAT with NPO (which is not a HUGE treaty) you all moan about it. They are a free alliance, making their own choices in their future. Just because they don't go the way you want them to go. "They must still be under the ebil control of NPO"

Get over yourself

I for one welcome GATO back into the CN world under their own steam and hope to see them flourish.

o/ GATO

o/ NPO for releasing them on their merry way

For all of you rehearsing this same line over again over again.

Just look at Legion.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I think I need to hire an interpretator for my posts:P

Pick me!

For example, in this post, Virillus means to say "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberry."

:ph34r:

Wow. So much love and respect for GATO. I don't even know what to say.

MTTZela was ASKEd if they wanted this PIAT AFTER he was informed we were releasing them on the 15th. He could easily have said no and that would have been that. So if you want to continue to slap them for making up their own minds, go ahead. But MTTZela made a sovereign decision for his alliance, not us.

Fair enough, edited my above post.

I think you misunderstood me.

I was simply stating that a PIAT proves -esentially- nothing.

I seems like it could prove a lot about GATO's lack of pride, and what they're willing to put up with in order to survive. I'm sure personal relationships develop naturally when you work with each other for a while, but I don't think I would want to formalize a friendship at the institutional level after being so massively disrespected and pushed around like that.

All the best GATO, never forget their is many of us out here who have got your back :wub:!VIVA GATO!

What the hell are you talking about?

Starfox101 was in IAA during No Vision. I was a staunch supporter of GATO during said time, but was also a member of Rok, and thus, did not fight. Ask Cata if you must (who also fought with GATO, to peace mind you). West of Eden also hated what was done to GATO, and another member, President Shinra, fought with GATO during No Vision.

A couple of former GATOians joined during the noCB war to help fight against the powers that be. Red Raider being one of them.

You have no idea what you are talking about. None whatsoever. Never once did I support the destruction, or enslavement of, GATO. I did criticize ODN for not actually pulling through and entering the war, and WalkerNinja for leaking private conversation logs though.

Indeed i can confirm MegaAros was one of the few dissenting voices back then when nearly everyone else sneered and spat at GATO's direction during the GATO-1V war.

Edited by Cataduanes

...firstly please do not shoot me for a double post :D

Well I hope this isn't upgraded because after what the NPO held you guys that long and the membership still thinks it should be upgraded I'll think you guys are a bunch of ediots and then you just might still be the worst alliance ever(not including GGA)

:lol: even former enemies can sometimes bury the hatchet no?

The trolls in this thread make me grimace, pathetic I would call it

You guys all scream for GATO release, but when they get release and sign a PIAT with NPO (which is not a HUGE treaty) you all moan about it. They are a free alliance, making their own choices in their future. Just because they don't go the way you want them to go. "They must still be under the ebil control of NPO"

Well put ;), i suppose you cannot make everyone happy all the time :)

For all of you rehearsing this same line over again over again.

Just look at Legion.

its slightly different however, inasmuch that for many a GATO vet we cannot put aside and forget the worlds indifference or in some cases outright hostility to the Global Alliance when we needed some moral support (yep many of us are still bitter about that). And considering that WAE still seems to be thrown around in GATO's direction i am not surprised that GATO is seeking to maintain the cordial relations it has built with the Order...apart from certain individuals and the odd alliance GATO cannot be sure who is friend or foe in the big bad world of Planet Bob and perhaps its better the devil you know :P ... and besides GATO was not on the verge of breaking up as Legion was at one point.

Edited by Cataduanes

Lol I love the love for GATO, where are all those free gato peoples? And no as far as I know this wasnt forced so stop crying whatd you expect? Us to come out of being under viceroy and start a war with NPO? Jeez people relax a bit. This is also the second friendly treaty ive seen signed with NPO yay original dove doctrine lol been a long long time

Edited by Greg23

Damn, Does this mean no more NPO-GATO wars?

:P JK but those looked like fun times, -_- i wasnt around for one, Except the GATO-1V which i didnt even know was going on till after i re-rolled.

Ive been around for em all and would love to avoid another one, it was rough gettin rolled over by Kingdom of Dark

A stocky man glares out at the mob from underneath a wide-brimmed hat. Then turns his attention to the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization contingent.

Congratulations on your regained freedom and sovereignty GATO. Still can't see why you'd want to sign a treaty, any kind of treaty, with an alliance that forcibly took that from you, but it is your call (freedom rocks doesn't it? :P ). Even if the trolls are correct, and you were forced to sign a PIAT, I think regaining your ability to act independently is worth a scrap of paper. It is, after all, only a PIAT.

Raises a hip-flask of rum

To GATO, Brown, and sovereignty herself!

Edited by Veneke

I can assure you that there was nothing forced here and that NPO-GATO relations have been amiable. This PIAT is just the solidification of a friendship that began to grow through the occupation. You weren't there in GATO, you didn't see them importing experts to help our alliance, didn't see NPO members sacrificing their time and effort for an alliance they weren't a part of, didn't see them giving us the space we needed to be ourselves. This says that in spite of everything, we've found common ground and hope that we can build on it in the future.

[sarcasm]However, the secret one-way MDP they forced us to sign was definitely despotic.[/sarcasm]

I seems like it could prove a lot about GATO's lack of pride, and what they're willing to put up with in order to survive. I'm sure personal relationships develop naturally when you work with each other for a while, but I don't think I would want to formalize a friendship at the institutional level after being so massively disrespected and pushed around like that.

many have chosen to keep fighting and essentially quit the game and be forgotten.

its a lot tougher to survive than to be blind to reality and do what... keep fighting? become FAN 2.0 and lose all influence and power in the game? rebuilding is a lot harder than fighting.