A question to all alliances in CN

bros

Spies are a !@#$%* to catch, so why don't we make it easier for us to catch spies?

My solution?

Post your alliance, your IRC channel, and people who can perform a search by IP Address (or email or name or whatever), so we don't just query all of the government members sitting in the channel :P

List:

Mushroom Kingdom - #mushroom - bros (or bros|avay, bros|away, bros|On`Teh`Radio) and anyone with an & or above. Try to contact me first though, the rest of them are busy, like :sw:

Kronos - #Kronos - Anyone with & (SOPs)

Siberian Tiger Alliance - #siberian_tigers - Anyone with SOPS or above.

Vox Populi - #vox_populi - Doitzel

Argent - #Argent - Poobah/janax/rustynail/an_agent

Genesis - #genesis - Templar, flygirl, empirica

The Brigade - #brig - SOPs and up

Nemesis - #cn-nemesis - Bob/Hoo/Soccerbum

MOON - #cnmoon - All SOP's

Umbrella - #umbrella - domisi and mrcalkin and Sceptor

The Grämlins - #gremlins - Any OPs (@) or above

The Dark Templar - #dt - All SOPs and Magnet or Willirica

New Sith Order - #nso - Heft, Ivan, Doppelganger, Random

The Galactic Republic - #tgr - Dementual, Cheyenne, and Jaym (Oh, and that Chimaera guy too)

Global United Nations - #gun - Sops, but best to try ChocolateCookies or Zenergy[GUN]

Assassin Order - #ao - Musta[ASN] or OrangeTrousers[ASN]

Greenland Republic - #gr - any sops and above (Drai or Shamedmonkey usually works well enough)

The Vineyard - #vineyard - Kochers

FOK - #fok - all SOPs

Ragnarok - #rok - Mecha Sheikh and other sops and ops

Legion - #TheLegion - any & or Xineoph, cause Xineoph is awesome like that

The Order of Light - #tool - anyone with sops (&) and above

Global Democratic Alliance - #GDA - Sops (&)

Elephant Graveyard - #elephantgraveyard - yetanothername (~). Just leave a message and his bouncer will pick it up if he's offline.

Want old IPs from the GGA forums? Ask Bilrow!

Edited by bros2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAWR?

Also, Argent #Argent diomede/janax/rustynail

Known spies: Poobah.

In all seriousness, myself and an_agent can also search by IP, email, etc.

Oh, and dio cannot do that, he seems to not be able to tell when he has admin on our forums.

Honestly, I think that this is a terrible idea. On paper, it sounds pretty decent, stopping espionage and all. However, just like everything I've ever bought on an infomercial, it fails to live up to its promise. As noted above, the average member isn't usually given much sensitive information in a political sense, so the biggest threats of spies don't lie in the rank-and-file, but in the priveleged members (squad captains up through the government). Granted, you might catch a spy or two, but they are likely to be nothing more than low-level, unknown-to-both-sides sort of spy, which deals no harm other than nominally. But by launching this counter-espionage offensive, you reassure dangerous and experience spies of their safety. IP addresses are easy to change via a proxy. If I were a spy, I'd definitely run all connections through a proxy just to take away the most obvious identification. Meanwhile, by signing up for this, there is at least an implicit idea that this helps to prevent and expose spies.

Anyways, I'm off to start a lucrative spying career.

I am a spy. I have an account on the boards of every major alliance under the name Nintenderek. I should be masked to your private government sections. If not, please fix this problem.

i created a nintenderek account and gave it admin access on my forums.

Doin it rite?

Also Nemesis, #cn-nemesis, Bob/Hoo/Soccerbum can check.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I don't think I'll ever be inclined to hand over the IP address of another player to anyone. Even under the most extreme circumstances, I would probably suggest to seek the aid of an IRCop. Keeping people's private computer details, and all other OOC material, out of the game is something I feel strongly about.

Although I doubt that anyone would want to spy on SSX, I invite everyone to come browse our forums to their heart's content, as they are 100% mask free. You don't even need to be registered! Fighting against the culture of back room dealings, backstabbing, and paranoia on Bob is also something I care about. In case it wasn't obvious already, I do not approve of this thread. Thank you, and good day!

I don't think I'll ever be inclined to hand over the IP address of another player to anyone. Even under the most extreme circumstances, I would probably suggest to seek the aid of an IRCop. Keeping people's private computer details, and all other OOC material, out of the game is something I feel strongly about.

Although I doubt that anyone would want to spy on SSX, I invite everyone to come browse our forums to their heart's content, as they are 100% mask free. You don't even need to be registered! Fighting against the culture of back room dealings, backstabbing, and paranoia on Bob is also something I care about. In case it wasn't obvious already, I do not approve of this thread. Thank you, and good day!

psst i'm not saying they'd spy on you, but people who are on your boards might spy on someone else.