A question to all alliances in CN

bros

Careful the path you tread, for it may be like really wet and slippery and you might trip and smash your face and wake up and suddenly we're all sharing a massive database of everyone's IP addresses and credit cards and medical records.

Ummm

#nso - Heft, Ivan, Dopp, Random

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful the path you tread, for it may be like really wet and slippery and you might trip and smash your face and wake up and suddenly we're all sharing a massive database of everyone's IP addresses and credit cards and medical records.

Ummm

#nso - Heft, Ivan, Dopp, Random

I love you so much Heft.

Spies are a !@#$%* to catch, so why don't we make it easier for us to catch spies?

My solution?

Post your alliance, your IRC channel, and people who can perform a search by IP Address (or email or name or whatever), so we don't just query all of the government members sitting in the channel :P

List:

<snip>

Hello.

The MHA shall not maintain a list of IP's or other OOC information to track or hunt CN players

Hello.

Hiya jerdge. I'm not saying maintain a master list of IP addresses, that is just a dick move.

I'm saying say who in your channels can perform IP searches, so if an alliance has a suspect IP, they can ask the right people and not bug the wrong gov members to check an IP

Hiya jerdge. I'm not saying maintain a master list of IP addresses, that is just a dick move.

I'm saying say who in your channels can perform IP searches, so if an alliance has a suspect IP, they can ask the right people and not bug the wrong gov members to check an IP

Unless the IP one would be inquiring about happens to be in use in our channel when one comes to ask, how could we provide any useful information, considering that we don't mantain IP lists?

Also, I seriously doubt that many hoopy froods would help in that, anyway (I certainly wouldn't).

Unless the IP one would be inquiring about happens to be in use in our channel when one comes to ask, how could we provide any useful information, considering that we don't mantain IP lists?

Also, I seriously doubt that many hoopy froods would help in that, anyway (I certainly wouldn't).

The ACP on most forums I've been on can tell you every IP that's every been on that forum and every post made with it. People with ACP access can probably put the IP into the ACP's search and find all users who have used that IP.

this:

The ACP on most forums I've been on can tell you every IP that's every been on that forum and every post made with it. People with ACP access can probably put the IP into the ACP's search and find all users who have used that IP.

Vox Populi - #vox_populi - Doitzel

We are committed to wiping the scourge of espionage from the face of the planet.

My good man, I would like to inquire about the possibility we may have a spy, do I dare say a spy from your organization within ours! It makes me oh so sad to see such a thing, and I believe you may be the one who could perhaps help me find this dastardly person.

I don't think I'll ever be inclined to hand over the IP address of another player to anyone.

^I would have to agree with this statement above, that is the private information of the members of Soldier as well as OCC, you wanna ketch an IG spy, use IG methodes, using an ISP is a lot like Cyberner stalking

^I would have to agree with this statement above, that is the private information of the members of Soldier as well as OCC, you wanna ketch an IG spy, use IG methodes, using an ISP is a lot like Cyberner stalking

You do know that you cannot find a person based on their IP address, correct? You can just find out their ISP, and general location. That is it.

What are some "In game methods" to catch a spy?

You do know that you cannot find a person based on their IP address, correct? You can just find out their ISP, and general location. That is it.

What are some "In game methods" to catch a spy?

ZIing them until they confess?