A Mushroom Kingdom Declaration of War

Archon

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, come on, Archon. This is bull !@#$ and you know it.

Honestly, I am appalled that MK, who has been known for their more ethical treatment their enemies, would stoop so low now as to declare a war for a simple spying CB.

I had hoped you would change things for the better, but now I see that things are beyond your ability or caring to change.

tl;dr The Church of Walford supports your war.

Seriously Hal, get out. I liked you a lot better when you were in Browncoats. Tell me Hal, what would Valhalla do if they were the alliance that was spied on?

Don't mind him, he's apparently got something to prove.

ChairmanHal Valhalla regent 09!

Well, well...another one week training exercise. <_<

I love how it is becoming stylish to announce a "merciful" 7 day war when in reality this war shouldn't even last 7 days, it should have ended in UBD handing over to the offenders for ZI through a diplomatic process or a few days of war and followed by same.

Good luck with your "noble" cause though you don't need it. UBD is absolutely no match for MK on any level militarily speaking and if every single UBD not in PM at the beginning isn't anarchied and in danger of bill lock when this is over, MK as an alliance needs to go back to war school.

Wargarden, it's not that the war isn't justified, it's that what used to be a quick 2-3 battle followed by a very quick surrender is now being lengthened and called "merciful". Otherwise I have really no quibble with it.

When was the last time it was a quick 2-3 day war? If we go by the standards set by YOUR alliance and it's friends, we are being VERY lenient. Really, look at you and your allies history as far as how long they have warred the alliances they declared on and the terms they have given them. You know the tens of thousands of tech extorted, not allowing anyone to hit peace mode, weeks and months of war, etc. etc. for CBs no where near as good as this one.

I love how it is becoming stylish to announce a "merciful" 7 day war when in reality this war shouldn't even last 7 days, it should have ended in UBD handing over to the offenders for ZI through a diplomatic process or a few days of war and followed by same.

Good luck with your "noble" cause though you don't need it. UBD is absolutely no match for MK on any level militarily speaking and if every single UBD not in PM at the beginning isn't anarchied and in danger of bill lock when this is over, MK as an alliance needs to go back to war school.

Wargarden, it's not that the war isn't justified, it's that what used to be a quick 2-3 battle followed by a very quick surrender is now being lengthened and called "merciful". Otherwise I have really no quibble with it.

If I recall, you, my good man, were one of the key players responsible for the demise of the MK-RoK relations the first go-round, and you now reside in an alliance well-noted in most circles for its hatred of MK. I think it speaks much to your character when you couple that info with the fact that you are the first (and so far only major critic) to this war. Sit back and watch the fireworks, Hal. They really are quite pretty.

Edited by Mundokiir

i as a UBD member apologizes for the actions of a few of our members it was quite an unforunate event but hopefully we can get past this the ubd wishes no military assistance and is willing to take its punishment for its actions we will not fight back rather we will take your beating then recover from it (hopefully) btw the fact that u just declared war on us did enough damage you crippled our goverment and military and about everything else we had so hopefully this blows over quickly.i thank the mk for either forgeting to attack or just not attacking me. srry u cant attack me now i be a sissy and go into peace mode :D and i am also getting out of this the UBD doesnt have many fans in the cyberworld. once again MK the UBD is srry beond reason and excepts its punishments -_-

All kidding aside, which is where I was going with that first comment, kidding around...frankly, this is a tight and solid of a CB as I could think of. Barring "he said, she said" finer points, its a clear violation of someone's borders.

Now how it is executed is soley up to MK. If they want to drive UBD into the dirt, so be it. If they want to smack them in the face with their e-peen a little and call it a day, thats great too. They seem to have gone for something in between and justifiably so.

Its a rare case where one member of an alliance makes a grave error and ONLY they pay for it. Its the nature of alliances to roll and fall together in CN. You choose your friends by joining an alliance, if one of them is not a good enough friend to say, not spy on another alliance and risk everyone's butt, then something like this is what you get. After being on both ends of butt poundings myself in this game, I've tried to stop judging whats fair and what's not. I know it when I see it and I don't see a line being cross this time around. A week of war is paltry compared to some of the things I've seen pass. MKs sense of proportion seems tempered with a touch of punishment. Thats where I think the "quick 2-3" got lengthened. UBD seems to be serving as a bit of an example. But I don't think its overboard.

They're basically making them tap dance in their underwear at gun point in front of a girls school compared to some of the crap I've seen alliances (including MK) put through for terms and such.

So yeh, I don't wholly disagree with you, I just don't see much difference from one thing to the other.

i as a UBD member apologizes for the actions of a few of our members it was quite an unforunate event but hopefully we can get past this the ubd wishes no military assistance and is willing to take its punishment for its actions we will not fight back rather we will take your beating then recover from it (hopefully) btw the fact that u just declared war on us did enough damage you crippled our goverment and military and about everything else we had so hopefully this blows over quickly.i thank the mk for either forgeting to attack or just not attacking me. srry u cant attack me now i be a sissy and go into peace mode :D and i am also getting out of this the UBD doesnt have many fans in the cyberworld. once again MK the UBD is srry beond reason and excepts its punishments -_-

Since the war broke out, your alliance has been very cordial and great to deal with. I see great things for you guys after this war.

The reason there has been no requests for proof or claims that UBD didn't do it is because it seems clear from discussions with Mushroom Kingdom and the 3 members involved that this spying activity did occur. As pointed out earlier the whole of UBD, under CN precedence, is culpable for the actions of mdnss69, bahman and slybomber. I am sure that I can reflect the feelings of betrayal that the whole of the UBD members feel toward these members especially those that were elected and appointed in good faith.

As Minister of Foreign Affairs for UBD I have initiated official talks with MK regarding this limited war and the aftermath. MK has been most agreeable in these discussions and I hope that we can eventually come to a positive conclusion.

I would also like to apologise on behalf of the United Blue Directorate for the appalling actions of a minority of our government members, I hope that our current treaty partners and friends recognise that these spying activities were not ordered by those remaining in the UBD government and those who are not listed above were not aware of such activities until notified by MK. The UBD prides itself on the integrity of its members and I would hope that we can continue relations with our friends untainted; the true spirit of our alliance lives on in our remaining members.

I will not bore you with qualifications regarding the DoW on UBD by MK until a later date when we can take a scholarly view of this event. For now I and the rest of UBD government will occupy ourselves with the defending of our alliance, the maintenance of our treaties and friendships and the rebuilding of our nations.

If anyone has any concerns or questions regarding the UBD at this time please find me on our IRC channel #UBD or contact me through the UBD forums.

Russell07

Minister of Foreign Affairs

United Blue Directorate

I actually foresee this war going well for both sides. That's a really wierd feeling coming from the CN OWF.... Is this the apocolypse?

Reporting for duty, sir.

I do applaud MK's limited war and making sure who pays, should pay.

The reason there has been no requests for proof or claims that UBD didn't do it is because it seems clear from discussions with Mushroom Kingdom and the 3 members involved that this spying activity did occur. As pointed out earlier the whole of UBD, under CN precedence, is culpable for the actions of mdnss69, bahman and slybomber. I am sure that I can reflect the feelings of betrayal that the whole of the UBD members feel toward these members especially those that were elected and appointed in good faith.

As Minister of Foreign Affairs for UBD I have initiated official talks with MK regarding this limited war and the aftermath. MK has been most agreeable in these discussions and I hope that we can eventually come to a positive conclusion.

I would also like to apologise on behalf of the United Blue Directorate for the appalling actions of a minority of our government members, I hope that our current treaty partners and friends recognise that these spying activities were not ordered by those remaining in the UBD government and those who are not listed above were not aware of such activities until notified by MK. The UBD prides itself on the integrity of its members and I would hope that we can continue relations with our friends untainted; the true spirit of our alliance lives on in our remaining members.

I will not bore you with qualifications regarding the DoW on UBD by MK until a later date when we can take a scholarly view of this event. For now I and the rest of UBD government will occupy ourselves with the defending of our alliance, the maintenance of our treaties and friendships and the rebuilding of our nations.

If anyone has any concerns or questions regarding the UBD at this time please find me on our IRC channel #UBD or contact me through the UBD forums.

Russell07

Minister of Foreign Affairs

United Blue Directorate

Well said Russ, I have great faith in UBD, You have always been respectful, and honorable allies, despite the actions of these few members.

It's refreshing to see a war between two honorable alliances where the attacking party uses leniency and the attacked stay humble. Personally, I find the small trend of short and lenient wars refreshing. Maybe the player base will stay sizable and the game made more enjoyable for all. I applaud MK and wish the best of luck to UBD.

Irony, thy name is Hal.

It's refreshing to see a war between two honorable alliances where the attacking party uses leniency and the attacked stay humble. Personally, I find the small trend of short and lenient wars refreshing. Maybe the player base will stay sizable and the game made more enjoyable for all. I applaud MK and wish the best of luck to UBD.

My thoughts almost word for word. B)

:wub: MK