Sorry for all the Spam

Nelchael

First off, let me say that I apologize for both the deluge of emails from our forums and the overly technical explanation in this post. Both are my fault.

TL;DR: Our forums have sent out a lot of emails, and we're sorry about that. Nelchael is responsible. I have disabled the email function on our boards until we are moved to a new web host (in the next 24 hours). Technical explanation follows.

Due to constant down time, Nueva Vida moved to a new web host several weeks ago. Unfortunately, things have gone downhill since then. Our new host had an email sending limit that was too low for an active forum, and almost all of our users were subscribed to topics and had email notifications for things like private messages enabled. Right after we moved to the new host, we needed to PM diplomats to inform them of some changes we made, and quite a few people used the "reply to all" button. Again, my fault, Diplomats should not have had the ability to PM that many people. Unfortunately, each PM generated a "you have a new PM" email, and being outside of this PM chain, I was unaware this was going on.

My mail server refused to send the majority of these emails and queued them for later delivery. The errors returned by my mail server also caused phpBB to queue the emails for delivery in its own queue system. When this was brought to my attention, I cleared the mail server's queue and thought all was well. Unfortunately, I did not know about phpBB duplicating the queue in its own special .php file, and it has since sent out emails en mass, possibly even to people who already requested to not receive emails from our forums. I believe this issue to now be resolved, but I will keep our board's email functions disabled until we are established on the new host and know no other queues exist.

Please contact me if you are receiving emails from our board and would like your account to be deleted. Thank you, and again my apologies to anyone for the inconvenience.

Oh ok. I was wondering why I had gotten like ten emails in the past two days <_<

Lol, I had about 25 per day for about a week :P

Luckily Nelcheal and NV are a cool bunch and they helped me instantly. I :wub: you guys! I know you get this sorted out one way or the other :)

D'aw, now what will people use as a CB against you. :awesome:

Oh don't worry, we're still committed to giving people as many reasons to declare war on us as humanly possible. I have personally dedicated 20% more time to spend hitting on foreign leaders' wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc. Failing that, you always have the "we dont like you and we want you dead" option which is pretty much rock solid.

Oh don't worry, we're still committed to giving people as many reasons to declare war on us as humanly possible. I have personally dedicated 20% more time to spend hitting on foreign leaders' wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc. Failing that, you always have the "we dont like you and we want you dead" option which is pretty much rock solid.

He's lying, he never hits on us guys... not even when we're obvious about it. He's a total sexist :(

I'd really like the next war to have "we don't like you we want you dead" as the official CB...

Oh ok. I was wondering why I had gotten like ten emails in the past two days <_<

I removed over fifty from my inbox the other day. Nelchael will pay for this, drunken ramblings from Mayz all weekend shall be your punishment. <_<

Glad to hear it's sorted/being sorted.

I removed over fifty from my inbox the other day. Nelchael will pay for this, drunken ramblings from Mayz all weekend shall be your punishment. <_<

Glad to hear it's sorted/being sorted.

in all fairness to Nelchael, he did unwittingly what most of us only practice only consciously: annoy the heck outta Mayzie :jihad:

I'd really like the next war to have "we don't like you we want you dead" as the official CB...

Oh wai... that was the last war!

I don't know what the problem is - who doesn't love getting 10 emails from the NV forums? My favorite part was reading diplomats "reply all" conversations to each other. Such confusion. :D

Right after we moved to the new host, we needed to PM diplomats to inform them of some changes we made, and quite a few people used the "reply to all" button. Again, my fault, Diplomats should not have had the ability to PM that many people. Unfortunately, each PM generated a "you have a new PM" email, and being outside of this PM chain, I was unaware this was going on.

Number of alliance forums I've helped break: 2 :v:

Anybody who complains overmuch about getting a few extra emails in their inbox needs to go soak their head.

click click click click click delete

click delete

Gmail ftw

I did wonder why I suddenly got ten though (I'm not even active at NV, I signed up there long long ago when they first sold us tech).

Oh wai... that was the last war!

I don't know what the problem is - who doesn't love getting 10 emails from the NV forums? My favorite part was reading diplomats "reply all" conversations to each other. Such confusion. :D

I hate that damn "reply all" button.

Half the time people don't realize it's even a "reply all" think and i get all the PM's of people chatting with eachother, then there's always someone who PM's everyone else with "guys dont reply to all", then there's the wiseass who replies "but you just did", then I go kick someone in the spleen.