Protected Nation

Or, perhaps, those ridiculing you in the past are big enough to give you credit when you do something right. It doesn't make them hypocrites, maybe they are just calling it as they see it. ;)

You make a good point though if you look at it my way i am in a rather sticky ethical bind here <_<

argh i feel like an intellectual cripple!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPO doesn't need to spread lies about you. You've just given GGA a casus belli for attack should they choose to use it.

What, people need a CB now to attack someone? Geeze, you'd never have guessed it...

in b4 GGA CB jokes

You mean like that?

No skin, really? So it never occured to GGA to move to the new forum and roll out the skin later?

Apparently they're perfectionists in at least one thing.

Edited by Arrnea

NPO doesn't need to spread lies about you. You've just given GGA a casus belli for attack should they choose to use it.

NSO is only poaching *competent* members, those have got to be pretty rare in GGA by now.

Edited by Requia

A reminder to everyone that accusing other users of being trolls, trolling etc is not permitted here. That is discussing moderation issues outside the appropriate forum, and also OOC in an IC context. If you feel that a post is trolling, please report it in Report Forum Abuse or by PMing a moderator. Some of you have received nice PMs about this already <_<.

I'd tell you to stay on topic, but you seem to be doing a pretty good job of that, so ... keep it up :)

Yes, they have certainly provided a concrete casus belli by openly declaring the New Sith Order is "accepting membership applications". The horror! I certainly hope Invicta does not accept membership applications, otherwise you may just have a war on your hands!

Quick, Moo! Get GGA into a "war" so you can stop them all from joining NSO!

Until you get that Berlin Wall up on your protectorate, NSO is accepting membership applications from competent former GGA members (edit:lol censor) who would like to see what real leadership is, as embodied in Ivan Moldavi. Click my sig for our recruitment message.

If my post seems unnecessarily nasty, maybe it's because the "omg NPO censors" resonates as I was banned from #nsa by Bilrow yesterday by having the gall to question why NPO was spreading lies about me having uncompleted tech deals. The log is available if you PM me.

Ugh, how unnecessary and embarrassing.

No New Sith Order member below the rank of Sith Lord may post in this thread from here on out.

Edited by Corinan

GGA is 20 guys who actually post and 300+ who are more or less ghosts. They lose the forums, they lose everything.

This post sounds so very familiar to an old alliance of mine.

GGA is the exact same as GOLD.

Yes, they have certainly provided a concrete casus belli by openly declaring the New Sith Order is "accepting membership applications". The horror! I certainly hope Invicta does not accept membership applications, otherwise you may just have a war on your hands!

I am currently accepting membership applications. Let's fight.

Stuff

The old GGA literacy curse strikes again.

Seeing how I'm no longer a Chancellor....

I guess it is safe for me to post again! LOL

And again!

:ph34r:

I hate to interrupt this little discussion with facts, but:

#1. GGA recently moved their forums off of Bilrow's servers. Bilrow hosted their forums long before he joined the NPO; in case you forgot he led the alliance after Prodigal Chieftain was removed. The NPO never had access nor wanted access beyond diplomatic status on GGA's forums.

#2. I am in their channel by invitation; I have been asked several times to leave when they discuss sensitive issues and I do. If they do not want me there I will gladly leave. I am sure the same is true of DM.

This, and Moo's other posts, is another one of those amazing little windows into what it was like to be an ally of the NPO for so long.

but did they not then betray you and kick you from OV and say that all that Green sabre rattling was NpO pushing them into war? that doesn't sound very loyal to me.

Hence why betrayal hurts so much. Also why this thread is so hilarious.

Well this thread certainly exploded overnight.

Shane's post to it is a good read; thanks for writing that. It is worrying that the GGA allow an NPO member to host their forums and be in their governmental IRC; that really is colony status, particularly taken with Ironchef's post on the GGA boards and Dephire's post here which started the discussion.

Not having a skin is no reason not to move forums from an insecure location. If necessary you can live with an unskinned board for a few days; forum skins are not that hard to find or make (and if you don't have anyone who can do it, $15m to a graphical designer would get you one I'm sure). The only reason I can see for still being on NPO-controlled boards is either direct pressure from the NPO to maintain dominion over GGA, or indirect pressure through the triumvirs to stall the process.

It is an interesting point about the initial expulsion* that Degen was also present in that meeting. If Shane was plotting against the GGA's allies, then so was Degen. That really gives the lie to that line of defence. And, as I said earlier, Shane has gone to an alliance which has most of the same allies as the GGA – so clearly he is not rabidly anti-NPO or anti-IRON. I think you can see from his post that he is pro-sovereignty and pro-thought – things which are clearly beyond the pale in the GGA.

Would GGA be rolled if they were cast off? That depends if the many alliances they have wronged over the years (never using their own strength, always using their allies as leverage) could get over their laughter at the GGA's dramatic fall from grace to actually declare war. The GGA are not even a worthwhile enemy these days. But sometimes a rolling is needed to exorcise past demons: ask Polaris about that, or even Pacifica, who would claim that GW1 was vital to their successes since then. Until the GGA comes out from under Pacifica's skirt, there will be no incentive for any other alliance to take them seriously, and no incentive for thinking nation rulers to join (or remain) there. You've already joined the ICP and CSN as alliances to lose a sanction in peacetime and there's a reason for that.

Re NSO: Sileath's post was not classy, and clearly not sanctioned (see Corinan slapping down the gag order). But the GGA doesn't care about CBs, it only cares about whether it can bring its big brothers to the fight – it couldn't even take NSO alone.

*: yes I know it was technically not an expulsion but it was one in all but the legal niceties.

Edited by Bob Janova

What, people need a CB now to attack someone? Geeze, you'd never have guessed it..

A CB isn't even enough if they don't want it. He'll even find his way into NPO-unrelated discussions and start throwing his words around.

When did GGA leave 1V?

I really was gone awhile, hm.

They haven't. Read deeper. <_<

Tho - you could go away longer.

Precedent shows that leaving One Vision also takes said MADPs with you.

i don't know all my CN history that well, but has an alliance every left one vision voluntarily before? i don't know of such a case, which means there is no precedent. but please release me of my ignorance if i am mistaken.

i don't know all my CN history that well, but has an alliance every left one vision voluntarily before? i don't know of such a case, which means there is no precedent. but please release me of my ignorance if i am mistaken.

The New Polar Order voluntarily left One Vision like Shaneprice voluntarily left the GGA. There was an vote for our expulsion underway and I believe we left just before it closed. We then lost all the MADPs and were attacked. The GGA understands this and stated as such in the screenshots.

To leave One Vision is to incur the wrath of the NPO, and for the GGA, that would be their death.

A CB isn't even enough if they don't want it. He'll even find his way into NPO-unrelated discussions and start throwing his words around.

They haven't. Read deeper. <_<

Tho - you could go away longer.

But, without me, y'all wouldn't have those snazzy UJA graphics :D

Also Hello.

The New Polar Order voluntarily left One Vision like Shaneprice voluntarily left the GGA. There was an vote for our expulsion underway and I believe we left just before it closed. We then lost all the MADPs and were attacked. The GGA understands this and stated as such in the screenshots.

To leave One Vision is to incur the wrath of the NPO, and for the GGA, that would be their death.

Sounds similiar to another incident from about a year or so ago involving NPO/GGA and ummm .. Let me think ... Who was it? <_<

But, without me, y'all wouldn't have those snazzy UJA graphics :D

Also Hello.

lol - take a look at the new forum. I've been redoing the graphics :P

btw - answer your damn msn once in a while haha

Edited by Rayvon