Next Great War

Jason Salovsky

Next Great War  

847 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A true GW with even sides will only happen if there are two sides in CN and one of them thinks that by taking the other out they will increase their own position in spite of the damage they will take. Since GW3 (or maybe even 2), the Initiative/Continuum has moved to eliminate the other side before it has a chance to become strong enough to make a true GW. The Unjust War had the potential but with Modgate and then the various withdrawals from the UjH after the Bilrow OOC stuff, it never quite lived up to it.

Since there are not two balanced sides in CN at the moment there is no GW imminent. I would say it would take a minimum of three months to move to a situation where there are, even if that is what people in the important positions want.

The only other way is a UjW style 'Continuum civil war'. But with NPO and IRON sticking together, and other strong alliances in Continuum (notably TOP and MHA) being pro-NPO, that would result in a stomp not a GW unless I read things very wrong. (Those four alliances make up a large majority of Continuum's NS and military capabilities.)

Is it that people are concerned about the precious zeroes and ones, or is it that the winners are being more and more of a bunch of vindictive jerks after the wars are over?

I have an idea, after the next war (be it a curbstomp or something more even), let the loser off. You'll see more wars, and that seems to be what people want.

Mreh? Last time I saw that it was for the USN for obeying their treaty obligations and we didn't get more wars, we just saw some good PR on both sides for once. Let the wars being fought now peter out or get some of the more powerful sides to start going against one another or splitting to factions that will start going against one another.

When Vox disbands, so long as they continue suck the life out of the game nothing will happen.

I can only assume this was a joke. Vox is one of the only alliances that inject life into the game. Has it escaped your notice that TWiP invariably reaches double figures in pages? The current one has 33, I believe. That's because they are keeping people entertained. Because, privately or publicly, a huge amount of people want to see the same thing Vox want - an end to the hegemony that is sucking the life out of the game.

in b4 chad

Edited by A Soviet Attack

I can only assume this was a joke. Vox is one of the only alliances that inject life into the game. Has it escaped your notice that TWiP invariably reaches double figures in pages? The current one has 33, I believe. That's because they are keeping people entertained. Because, privately or publicly, a huge amount of people want to see the same thing Vox want - an end to the hegemony that is sucking the life out of the game.

in b4 chad

Has it escaped you that such threads use to easily reach way more than that and at times over 100 pages. No one give a damn about the forums anymore because Vox monopolizes the whole damn thing. A small group of loud forum trolls with an ax to grind that have driven off the real driving forces of the game and completely killed the drama. No one cares anymore. The major leaders avoid the forums like the plague now. There is absolutely 0 real politic going on for the masses to see. Sure there most stuff has always been handled offsite but there was a time when the forums were jumping with the real politics of the game along with the usual **** fest. Today its just the **** fest.

Edited by GTTofAK

Has it escaped you that such threads use to easily reach way more than that and at times over 100 pages. No one give a damn about the forums anymore because Vox monopolizes the whole damn thing. A small group of loud forum trolls with an ax to grind that have driven off the real driving forces of the game and completely killed the drama. No one cares anymore. The major leaders avoid the forums like the plague now. There is absolutely 0 real politic going on for the masses to see. Sure there most stuff has always been handled offsite but there was a time when the forums were jumping with the real politics of the game along with the usual **** fest. Today its just the **** fest.

Actually from what I've seen the major leaders attempt to argue with Vox and then people from their own alliances and allies even argue with them, because blatantly denying facts is stupid.

If Vox's arguments are so watertight that your leaders avoid the forums rather than waste their time trying to counter it, you shouldn't blame Vox for that. Do you really think the forums would be more entertaining if there was no criticism of the hegemony's leadership?

Also, this is off topic but I'd welcome the opportunity to talk further in PM or another thread :)

This is absolutely ridiculous.

There have always been forum trolls. The problem, however, is that there have never been so few (and boring, if so) as there are today. During the NPO-LUE associated conflicts there used to be bands of trolls from each side disrupting threads everywhere. There were an enormity of joke threads and taunts. Every major alliance announcement was disrupted and trolled to death. I encourage everyone to visit the archived threads in the old CN forum and witness the laxity of moderation and the excesses of those times.

I swear, people have such bad memories. There has never been a time of more cordiality and amity in these forums as the last year. If anything, I am more concerned about the lack of "trolls" (who are entertainers after all), than about those that are still around. You say it yourself. There is 0 real conflict going on right now. And you complain about those providing a semblance of conflict.

Please explain to me how people with no real political power, like Vox, can be held accountable for the lack of political life in the game.

Please explain to me how people with no real political power, like Vox, can be held accountable for the lack of political life in the game.

Oh because we're the ones allied to everyone and going behind the scenes making sure that anyone stepping out of line knows that they'll be the next one rolled. Wait, my mistake - that's NPO, not us.

When people decide to play again. Right now all of the top alliances have decided to call it a 30-way tie (See sig).

Imagine getting together with your friends to play Halo, Risk or any game you like and all of you deciding to not make any moves just so no one has to lose. Sounds insane and defeats the entire purpose of playing a game but this is what passes for "politics" here.

There have always been forum trolls. The problem, however, is that there have never been so few (and boring, if so) as there are today. During the NPO-LUE associated conflicts there used to be bands of trolls from each side disrupting threads everywhere. There were an enormity of joke threads and taunts. Every major alliance announcement was disrupted and trolled to death. I encourage everyone to visit the archived threads in the old CN forum and witness the laxity of moderation and the excesses of those times.

I swear, people have such bad memories. There has never been a time of more cordiality and amity in these forums as the last year. If anything, I am more concerned about the lack of "trolls" (who are entertainers after all), than about those that are still around. You say it yourself. There is 0 real conflict going on right now. And you complain about those providing a semblance of conflict.

I think you missed the point Musso. Yes we had forum trolls. I was one of them. But there was also a ton of real politics going on as well and that was kept people interested. Today Vox a small but vocal group of pure trolls has succeeded in basically turning the forums into their personal gripe fest blog. No one really wants to take part in it anymore. If there isn't any real politics behind the trolling its simply stifling. As a result there is no real political progression in the game. No one is going to side with Vox. And there will be no major wars till Vox is gone and the game can move one. The old has-been leaders need to let go.

This is Mussolandia, he has a good point.