Trouble at the MCXA?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a lot of people are taking Saber's words as a de-facto acknowledgement that some of the most hated people in this game are about to find themselves alone and isolated, which is certain to make a lot of people happy.

Of course, the cynic that I am, I'm assuming the opposite and placing money on something else "popcorn-worthy" happening like a TSO treaty blitz.

I would, however, loved to be proved wrong.

It often pays to be a cynic.

Well, a lot of people are taking Saber's words as a de-facto acknowledgement that some of the most hated people in this game are about to find themselves alone and isolated, which is certain to make a lot of people happy.

Of course, the cynic that I am, I'm assuming the opposite and placing money on something else "popcorn-worthy" happening like a TSO treaty blitz.

I assume nothing. That was just an absolutely hilarious thing to say in the middle of this thread, and I enjoy entertainment. So far, I'm not disappointed by the result.

Recently some of you may have noticed that the MCXA has had trouble… In this video you will find evidence and explanations for these problems. This video is made by the Director of Internal Security of the MCXA and a personal statement by Sam.

It doesn't look that the MCXA is in trouble...

Same thing can't be said about the TSO though...

Unlike everyone else, I'll believe it when I see it. Generally when something looks promising these days it's entirely underwhelming.

Essentially, what Fallen Fool said.

best post you've made in a while that didn't look like a memoire of your life.

I am also expecting something similar, however, hopefully, that'll just lead us into the next war.

I doubt it.

The people who want a war don't have the political muscle to win it, and they are intelligent enough to know it, and realize the necessity of waiting for an opportune moment which, as the past year has taught us, can be a very, very long time.

It often pays to be a cynic.

So I've learned.

I assume nothing. That was just an absolutely hilarious thing to say in the middle of this thread, and I enjoy entertainment. So far, I'm not disappointed by the result.

My general philosophy on assumptions boils down to the idea that if you assume nothing, then you'll always be surprised which, for an alliance leader, is rarely a good thing. Instead view past precedents, the personalities of the people involded, common rumors, and the words little birds bring to your ear, and try to make an educated assumption.

Chances are you'll be write as much as your wrong which, from my perspective, is far better then being surprised ;)

I doubt it.

The people who want a war don't have the political muscle to win it, and they are intelligent enough to know it, and realize the necessity of waiting for an opportune moment which, as the past year has taught us, can be a very, very long time.

I said hopefully.

I can hope dammit!

My general philosophy on assumptions boils down to the idea that if you assume nothing, then you'll always be surprised which, for an alliance leader, is rarely a good thing. Instead view past precedents, the personalities of the people involved, common rumors, and the words little birds bring to your ear, and try to make an educated assumption.

Chances are you'll be right as much as your wrong which, from my perspective, is far better then being surprised ;)

This man speak truth, therefore I quoted him and fixed his spelling. ;)

A war on TSO would make everyone ignore the fact TOP lied here and didn't do their homework on TSO.

As we all watch the NS of TSO fall rapidly, much like we saw TOP's credibility fall before that, we will not witness TOP silently replace their credibility without anyone being the wiser. Just like that, no one will remember the time TOP lied to the world to cover up a mistake. They'll instead remember the spanking ex-MCXA got for recruiting from within.

Bait and switch. Distraction techniques. Whatever you'd like to call them.

Glad to see some dramaz, though. It's been needed. So...thanks TOP?

Edited by Nizzle

My general philosophy on assumptions boils down to the idea that if you assume nothing, then you'll always be surprised which, for an alliance leader, is rarely a good thing. Instead view past precedents, the personalities of the people involded, common rumors, and the words little birds bring to your ear, and try to make an educated assumption.

Chances are you'll be write as much as your wrong which, from my perspective, is far better then being surprised ;)

Just because I don't make assumptions doesn't mean I don't make sure I'm aware of possibilities and their various likelihoods. I just never make the mistake of assuming any of them are fact. I find that leads to much nastier surprises.

A war on TSO would make everyone ignore the fact TOP lied here and didn't do their homework on TSO.

As we all watch the NS of TSO fall rapidly, much like we saw TOP's credibility fall before that, we will not witness TOP silently replace their credibility without anyone being the wiser. Just like that, no one will remember the time TOP lied to the world to cover up a mistake. They'll instead remember the spanking ex-MCXA got for recruiting from within.

I guess you don't like us. Also will we rebuild our credibility or not after this war? Your post isn't very clear.

I said hopefully.

I can hope dammit!

To make use of a broad generalizing statement:

Hope is for the weak.

:P

This man speak truth, therefore I quoted him and fixed his spelling. ;)

Thank you. :)

Just because I don't make assumptions doesn't mean I don't make sure I'm aware of possibilities and their various likelihoods. I just never make the mistake of assuming any of them are fact. I find that leads to much nastier surprises.

What is an assumption but the recognition of the most likely possible outcome, and how can an assumption be considered a fact since it is inherently little more then a guess?

To be fair, I think we're debating a fairly off-topic matter of semantics, heh.

It's called the Kansas City Shuffle, actually. You're the star of our plot Nizzle!

My personal guess is that TOP would drop TSO and MCXA would attack.
MCXA doesn't seem interested in attacking. They would be much wiser in just politically isolating them(which they easily could), and rebuilding.

who says MCXA doesnt have any dirty laundry on this subject either :v:

I too, will remain cynical until I see an actual action taken. There is but one action I want to see here in regards to TSO. As for if TOP really did lie about the timeline of things regarding granting the protectorate status and talking to MCXA, then there are a few options on the table, though one seems more pleasing than the the rest. If TOP did in fact lie about this, that is an egregious breach of trust and decency, and would be a sign of deliberate harm towards a treatied ally.

I'll stop there, and just re-affirm my cynicism of this whole event.

I too, will remain cynical until I see an actual action taken. There is but one action I want to see here in regards to TSO. As for if TOP really did lie about the timeline of things regarding granting the protectorate status and talking to MCXA, then there are a few options on the table, though one seems more pleasing than the the rest. If TOP did in fact lie about this, that is an egregious breach of trust and decency, and would be a sign of deliberate harm towards a treatied ally.

I'll stop there, and just re-affirm my cynicism of this whole event.

We consulted Doctor Fresh on 18th, we passed protectorate treaty on 22nd. Nothing in our timeline is wrong, nor did we lie.