Most outrageous war rumors

Merrie Melodies

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PZI, EZI & ZI nations and alliances have united and decided to try and bring down the treaty web/global hegemony to have their PZI, EZI or ZI order dropped or make enforcement impossible. Their strategy is to have everyone else do the fighting for them using the following methods amongst others:

• Spy operations & bogus log dumps
  • Spreading rumors
  • Spreading paranoia between allies

If enough mistrust and paranoia is created then alliances will begin to distance themselves from each other creating a favourable condition for war.

This is led by Vox, Fan and OcUK with other fringe associates and sympathisers involved.

Yeah this is what I heard. I'm sure its got some legitimacy to it.

The nations of Moo-Cows and MooHeifer will end up declaring on a certain pair of "Trouble Makers". Rumor has it they are trying to find a valid CB as we speak.

I hear the coalition of Desperate Pink are well prepared for the bovine onslaught, and are offering these tyrants valid CB in exchange for some measly increase in stats

I hear the coalition of Desperate Pink are well prepared for the bovine onslaught, and are offering these tyrants valid CB in exchange for some measly increase in stats

...just looking for casualties....

The newest rumor has the sides flip-flopping with a certain someone trying to create "a war on all fronts".

Edited by Desperado

I don't think it is just that but I of course I wouldn't disagree with such.

It is a tough spot for some leaders I am sure as they find their memberships stirring and itching for a fight. Wars can keep memberships interested in the game but no leader wants to put their alliance in a bad position because that can be even more costly then attrition due to boredom.

[OOC] I'd love to go into an IRC chat with you and debate these things since we clearly have such a different mindset. Would be very interesting. [OOC]

Why don't you think that is just? If you roll over someone you should expect them to use to use every possible method that isn't against the law [OOC] ingame rules [OOC] to hit back and avoid their ZI. Wars keep a membership interested as I said in the other discussion, when your alliance actually has your back. From what I've done so far, Pacifican response time is not great and now that there is no more economic aid being given out, only military aid and tech deals, it would hinder the smaller nation's ability to grow once finally put back to their original NS before the war.

HeinousOne, how many people have attacked you since your joining NPO? Your nation is still small, I'd love to see you experience first hand the Pacifican defense against rogues. It isn't great. Not many Pacificans have decent warchests, or are prepared for that matter for a decent fight.

Now while I don't believe that rumor is true YET, it is believable that eventually nation's are going to catch on and try something united.

Over this, I think I'd believe a rumor regarding war, I love the everyone against me type feeling but I also like being able to fight 'long side old and new allies against the same enemy. A good feeling ;)

LolWUT.

How do innocent alliances have it coming?

And lies.

ooo

I could write an entire essay on this.

Where to start? LUE, GATO, NAAC, Legion, GPA, GOLD, CDS, all innocent alliances (and who provided much lulz) who had it coming to them from the NPO and their cronies.

I've heard some pretty outrageous excuses for war in the past. So I wouldn't be suprised, but I don't really care because there hasn't been any opposition to the current NPO tyranical dictatorship since GW3.

Also, Electron Sponge, what happened to you? Fall from your all-mighty throne? Rofl.

saddam_underwear.jpg

:popcorn:

Edited by Bazza

Before the end of the summer of 2009 the NPO will have orchestrated a war against IRON.

Who knows what the official casus belli will be, but the real reason will be that IRON is growing faster than the NPO... and the NPO can't let this continue if they want to stay on top.

Before the end of the summer of 2009 the NPO will have orchestrated a war against IRON.

Who knows what the official casus belli will be, but the real reason will be that IRON is growing faster than the NPO... and the NPO can't let this continue if they want to stay on top.

Heh, if I had to make a guess this wouldn't be the closest war to us right now, I can see one coming before summer. And the multiple representatives of several alliances claiming that nothing war-like in CN will evar, evar, evar happen (See GW 3, UJW, War of the Coalition, etcetera.) is certainly not helping in the process of believing that truly nothing is coming.

However I except any change in the Cyberverse and in the CNlandscape that evens it out just a little more or brings more exceitement to the game with open arms. :)

Well, the rumor that war was gonna break out last night seems to be disproved, although I'm not entirely convinced... the total lack of wars on the "Wars Across the Globe" screens in my Pentagon may be just a smokescreen to obscure the ACTUAL wars, secretly going on...

[OOC] I'd love to go into an IRC chat with you and debate these things since we clearly have such a different mindset. Would be very interesting. [OOC]

Why don't you think that is just? If you roll over someone you should expect them to use to use every possible method that isn't against the law [OOC] ingame rules [OOC] to hit back and avoid their ZI. Wars keep a membership interested as I said in the other discussion, when your alliance actually has your back. From what I've done so far, Pacifican response time is not great and now that there is no more economic aid being given out, only military aid and tech deals, it would hinder the smaller nation's ability to grow once finally put back to their original NS before the war.

HeinousOne, how many people have attacked you since your joining NPO? Your nation is still small, I'd love to see you experience first hand the Pacifican defense against rogues. It isn't great. Not many Pacificans have decent warchests, or are prepared for that matter for a decent fight.

Now while I don't believe that rumor is true YET, it is believable that eventually nation's are going to catch on and try something united.

Over this, I think I'd believe a rumor regarding war, I love the everyone against me type feeling but I also like being able to fight 'long side old and new allies against the same enemy. A good feeling ;)

Ok, you misread me. I did not say that it wasnt just, I said that it was not just THAT. That single word that you overlooked makes quite a big difference. Go back and look at that please.

Now, how many wars did I fight when I was a part of NPO? My first fight was against Black Rifle of FAN. A guy whom had been pushed down to Alpha level, it was a good awakening to fighting against a much better set up enemy. On that occassion we figured out over IRC who was going to attack and we coordinated. It was a rough fight but he was broken.

Not horribly long ago there was some freedom fighting force alliance that built up nations then deconstructed down to fight NPO alpha members. NPO responded by aiding low level nations to get guerrilla camps of their own and those whom were attacking soon found their advantage lessened due to a more equalized fight. NPO will handle their own. Also, what basis do you make your statement that many Pacificans do not have decent warchests? Is that mere propaganda in an attempt to make others think they are prime for taking on? I know I always kept a larger warchest then what was asked for, that is all I can attest to though.

[OOC] I am not on IRC that much but I suppose I can look for you when I am. [/OOC]

Ok, you misread me. I did not say that it wasnt just, I said that it was not just THAT. That single word that you overlooked makes quite a big difference. Go back and look at that please.

Now, how many wars did I fight when I was a part of NPO? My first fight was against Black Rifle of FAN. A guy whom had been pushed down to Alpha level, it was a good awakening to fighting against a much better set up enemy. On that occassion we figured out over IRC who was going to attack and we coordinated. It was a rough fight but he was broken.

Not horribly long ago there was some freedom fighting force alliance that built up nations then deconstructed down to fight NPO alpha members. NPO responded by aiding low level nations to get guerrilla camps of their own and those whom were attacking soon found their advantage lessened due to a more equalized fight. NPO will handle their own. Also, what basis do you make your statement that many Pacificans do not have decent warchests? Is that mere propaganda in an attempt to make others think they are prime for taking on? I know I always kept a larger warchest then what was asked for, that is all I can attest to though.

[OOC] I am not on IRC that much but I suppose I can look for you when I am. [/OOC]

Ahhh, this changes the meaning then. -...- Sorry about that.

Black Rifles, a FAN member. And he hit you? The sheer fact that he's a FAN member means that if he's out of peacemode he's probably in several wars. Now you mention that he a much better set up enemy, how long did it take Pacifica to attack him back once he attacked you? I'm just curious, everytime I see NPO response time at lower and middle tier it's often very awful.

NPO aiding lower level nations means that, in effect, those rogues who attacked costed NPO whatever was dealt in damage AND whatever was sent out in aid. Once again I would ask how long it actually took for aid to get out, and about how long it took for nations to coordinate with the aid given in order to attack the rogues.

Well firstly, requirements for NPO warchests are pretty low. A nation cannot survive in war with multiple nations with 15 days of bills alone. Secondly, NPO lower level members are more often than not concerned about building their nation, and thus will take from their warchest in order to buy infra, or land, or tech, etc. Every NPO'er that I've attacked in the past 4 weeks has had a very small warchest and needed to be aided in order to keep their head above the water. That aid did not come for several days, badly hindering their ability to cause damage for the days that they were ignored.

Based on these facts and what I've seen as well as what I've experienced, the Pacifican military is and has been for a very long time uncoordinated, and unprepared. NPO as an alliance hasn't faced a truly even opponent in war since NAAC. Should a force large enough come along, much like many of those mentioned in this discussion, NPO itself would not be ready and would lose.

Ahhh, this changes the meaning then. -...- Sorry about that.

Black Rifles, a FAN member. And he hit you? The sheer fact that he's a FAN member means that if he's out of peacemode he's probably in several wars. Now you mention that he a much better set up enemy, how long did it take Pacifica to attack him back once he attacked you? I'm just curious, everytime I see NPO response time at lower and middle tier it's often very awful.

NPO aiding lower level nations means that, in effect, those rogues who attacked costed NPO whatever was dealt in damage AND whatever was sent out in aid. Once again I would ask how long it actually took for aid to get out, and about how long it took for nations to coordinate with the aid given in order to attack the rogues.

Well firstly, requirements for NPO warchests are pretty low. A nation cannot survive in war with multiple nations with 15 days of bills alone. Secondly, NPO lower level members are more often than not concerned about building their nation, and thus will take from their warchest in order to buy infra, or land, or tech, etc. Every NPO'er that I've attacked in the past 4 weeks has had a very small warchest and needed to be aided in order to keep their head above the water. That aid did not come for several days, badly hindering their ability to cause damage for the days that they were ignored.

Based on these facts and what I've seen as well as what I've experienced, the Pacifican military is and has been for a very long time uncoordinated, and unprepared. NPO as an alliance hasn't faced a truly even opponent in war since NAAC. Should a force large enough come along, much like many of those mentioned in this discussion, NPO itself would not be ready and would lose.

No, he didnt hit me persay. I was one of those coming to the aid of those who were hit if my memory serves me correctly. Like I said, it was my first war, leadership was first looking for some volunteers so that is how I got involved.

As far as the rogues costing the NPO money while aiding those nations, I know that at my level sending 3 mil aid to a nation fighting is no big deal. For those much higher then me I am sure it is no sweat off their backs to do such either. Kind of blowing that out of proportion.

I will stop there though as this is a war rumor thread. We can continue some other time in IRC if you wish.

And the multiple representatives of several alliances claiming that nothing war-like in CN will evar, evar, evar happen (See GW 3, UJW, War of the Coalition, etcetera.) is certainly not helping in the process of believing that truly nothing is coming

Well to be fair, that happens all the time – whether just before a war or not. Also, I'd say that everyone knew that GW3 was coming and didn't really try to deny it.

Well to be fair, that happens all the time – whether just before a war or not. Also, I'd say that everyone knew that GW3 was coming and didn't really try to deny it.

It does happen often, but when people go out of their way to say in every way shape or form that there will not be war, even making announcements just to say so, then it has gone to a new level.

And of course the majority of people knew GW3 was coming, people knew UJW was coming and they certainly knew that War of The Coalitions was coming, however I do remember representatives of Initiative claiming that there was not going to be a war. Perhaps not to the extent that representatives of Q are now, but the denial was still there.

The treaty web makes it impossible for a surprise war, mass cancellations a week before are usually a good heads up to start preparing.

Aren't they always? "Where's there's smoke, etc..."

It's all a matter of how far the cancellations get. If a moderately influential party (one alliance or several) can stop the dominoes from falling, war can sometimes be avoided.

On the other hand, recent history has shown us quite the contrary - it all depends on context. For example, Pacifica came out and said that they would never war on Polaris, which in another situation might have closed that whole issue right there (at least for some time). Obviously, there were circumstances that made war inevitable - this is not a debate on that.

Finally, my favorite war rumor will forever be the floating rumors in Crazy-World about the Unjust Path Remixx where they all pull a Viridia and return to fight one last battle.

I can see the propaganda already - unfortunately for that rumor, many of those players have either joined a sanctioned alliance.. or have left the game in the past year. Still, it's fun to speculate :)

A guy that goes to school with a guy in NATO told him that IRON was preparing to go to war against us.

That is no rumor that is fact and here is the proof

I, FinsterBaby, President of IRON, keeper of the Cheese, holder of the sacred keys to the Porsche, protector of the Realm, and kicker of the $@! that is Coursca, proclaim that IRON is attacking NATO soon, please don't tell Anu