FOK announcement

AvengerNL

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that SNOW means... nothing?

SNOW is a means of 1. securing trades on the White sphere and 2. ensuring that those trades are not harmed by strife on the White sphere. Just like those outside of a treaty may choose their trading partners, so can those who are not a part of SNOW. It just makes sense. I'm not sure why you're unable to see this.

However ... as has been repeatedly said ... SNOW signatory v. SNOW signatory is not going to happen.

The only vote I remember was to go to war. Sure there was talk about what TOP may or may not do but GATO was gonna take the blow if they had to. In the end GATO accomplished what it set out to do which was get you out of the war. GATO .3 FOK 1 in my opinion.

FOK was fighting two other alliances and got their own surrender.

However ... as has been repeatedly said ... SNOW signatory v. SNOW signatory is not going to happen.

Why not? Is it physically impossible? Would it be equivalent to a the division of a number by a certain other number, which happens to be impossible?

What would be different if it was canceled?

The alliances would no longer be having growth off of there friendly tech deals and trade circles??

But if this would never have been made, there might be less stability on the white sphere. All of the white alliances are friends, SNOW is just a small way of showing it.

FOK was fighting two other alliances and got their own surrender.

Yep they were rolling NTO and -AiD- but couldn't handle GATO. I admit FOK was new and GATO did have them out manned at the time but still people think FOK is some great fighting force and GATO is crap yet that battle lasted all of a 10 minutes. That's neither here or there though.

Best of luck with your friends here FOK. I honestly liked TGE. FOK and I have never seen eye to eye. There was something in the past...I forget....made us not like eachother. Oh well.

So you're saying that SNOW means... nothing?

Aside from the fact that SNOW has a NAP between all signatories so the breaking of the treaty would immediately expel a signatory, yes, SNOW means absolutely nothing.

Also, from the SNOW treaty in case you need it to be spelled out...

We, the undersigned agree that stability and unity of the White sphere is important for trade, and will therefore not take part in any acts of aggression towards each other. This includes all acts of espionage, use of military and spy attacks, and aiding enemies of the undersigned. We also agree to remain civil and as friendly as possible in both public and private.

The alliances would no longer be having growth off of there friendly tech deals and trade circles??

But if this would never have been made, there might be less stability on the white sphere. All of the white alliances are friends, SNOW is just a small way of showing it.

So are you saying you would cancel your trades with TPF?

Bama said that it would be up to individual members so the point stands. SNOW, so far as I have seen, means nothing.

The only vote I remember was to go to war. Sure there was talk about what TOP may or may not do but GATO was gonna take the blow if they had to. In the end GATO accomplished what it set out to do which was get you out of the war. GATO 1 FOK 0 in my opinion.

It took three alliances and the entrance of GATO into the war was a PR disaster. If you call that a victory, I don't want to know what your losses look like.

Yep they were rolling NTO and -AiD- but couldn't handle GATO. I admit FOK was new and GATO did have them out manned at the time but still people think FOK is some great fighting force and GATO is crap yet that battle lasted all of a 10 minutes. That's neither here or there though.

Best of luck with your friends here FOK. I honestly liked TGE. FOK and I have never seen eye to eye. There was something in the past...I forget....made us not like eachother. Oh well.

It lasted 10 minutes because ~ was afraid of TOP coming in. GATO jumping FOK was considered a tactical error by pretty much every military leader in ~

OOC: In a non-nuclear war, FOK has a huge disadvantage, because update time in the Netherlands is...5 am ish?

EDIT: Sorry Darth...didn't see your post.

Edited by Poobah

So are you saying you would cancel your trades with TPF?

Bama said that it would be up to individual members so the point stands. SNOW, so far as I have seen, means nothing.

No, you wouldnt cancel the TPF trades. Some of them just wouldnt have been set up. And in SNOW, what more do you want from it? Its just a friendly group of alliances on white team getting together to make getting tech deals and trade circles easier. Its not known to be a treaty, its known to help nations get there growth and stability. The NAP clause is there to symbolize there friendship, it wasnt signed specifically for the NAP

Edited by hobbies0310

Aside from the fact that SNOW has a NAP between all signatories so the breaking of the treaty would immediately expel a signatory, yes, SNOW means absolutely nothing.

Also, from the SNOW treaty in case you need it to be spelled out...

Once again.

lol NAPs.

I was in the room for it. It went well. You obviously don't have the correct info. Might wanna double check next time.

You may very well have been, but according to my good friends nobody said anything to TGE about it until after the treaty was dropped. There was a convo between Fred and TBB before a certain incident, after a certain incident, people got mad and then MDoAP was canceled. No one informed TGE that the treaty was being canceled until the thread was posted announcing the fact, then the Chancellor made contact with TPF Gov't.

But the point is, notification wasn't given prior to the cancellation in question, nor were attempts made to avoid the cancellation in the first place. I know TGE fairly well after being a member there for a year, and I know that they would have been glad to reconcile, move on and rebuild that long lost friendship had TPF approached TGE telling them how they felt about their friendship.

You gave me a scare for a second there FOK. Good to see you sticking by your allies.

You mean the thought crossed your mind that FOK might actually cancel?

Clearly you need more time in the reeducation spas, sir :awesome:

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu

I would like to raise a question.

If you have a treaty partner that is giving you no communication, and relations with them have dropped to nothing, then why do you keep the treaty around? Why does something always have to have a hidden meaning or a secret attack behind something? I for one, believe that if you have an empty treaty, it's pointless to keep it around. Actions like keeping empty treaties around are what lead to such sudden breaks before an attack, as some are suggesting. Now maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't know of anyone gunning for TGE, and don't see NADC running from anything. Therefore, I can see why this was posted, but I don't know why all the NADC bashing is needed.

But then again, maybe it's just the trend to keep empty treaties these days.

That may be the official reasoning for the cancellation of the TGE treaties. Granted unless you're in the loop you will never know the actual reasoning. When it comes to politics there is always a lot more to the story than what they tell you, and often times the story they tell you is actually just a lie.

Anyway, nice to see this FOK. I wouldn't have expected anything less than you, though. I can only hope some others in this game can learn from your example.