FOK announcement

AvengerNL

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the funny thing is that the "lack of communication", if the chaotic situation that a couple people described a couple of pages back actually exists, should be more general. It doesn't seem to be; it seems to be confined to certain alliances. Now, if we know the cause to be true, and the effect produced is different from that which is expected, we have to revise our thinking on what cause produces what effect. But that isn't the case. The assumption of the existence of the cause cause is based on reports which may or may not accurately reflect the truth, and which are in any case hotly contested.

Is TGE gov't chaotic? Perhaps. I don't know. I'm not a member. However, it does seem that since communication is certainly being kept up between TGE and certain of its allies, that it retains enough order and sense to do this maintenence fairly regularly. I personally doubt the reports of chaos.

Another point I'd like to make, Communist, and I hope you will agree, is that alliances complaining about "lack of communication" do not seem to mention what diplomatic efforts they have undergone to fill the gap before deciding to simply tear up such an important document as an international treaty.

Another point I'd like to make, Communist, and I hope you will agree, is that alliances complaining about "lack of communication" do not seem to mention what diplomatic efforts they have undergone to fill the gap before deciding to simply tear up such an important document as an international treaty.

You agreed with a Communist.

My God...

Its nice to hear this. Last time I checked, asking to speak to an ally and "them ignoring you" meant that one side really didn't care for a treaty.

Edit: I'd love to phrase it the way I am thinking but vulgarities are frowned upon :(

Edited by Desperado

Some people, FOK in this case, may choose to stand against the powers that be on their own either because they feel drawn to some sense of honor or see that by avoiding conflict that day they would only be delaying their inevitable turn, or both.

The truth is that someone, I suspect TPF because of the heavy arguing in their cancellation topic, wants TGE dead and is working towards doing just that and if FOK will stay and fight or back down does not matter to them. Run? More power to them. Fight? More surrender terms to write up, more technology to plunder, more nations to enslave.

And therein lies the rub. FOK is by no means "on their own". Beyond that, all you've done is assume whatever group attacking TGE and FOK would win. That is not an assumption to make. I'm not saying FOK would end up on the winning side of that conflict either. My point is that with Q as unstable as it seems to be and with the web as ridiculous as it currently is, nobody, not even the biggest of big wigs in the back rooms, can guarantee a victory for any possible group or coalition. If they could, war would have already occurred.

Some people, FOK in this case, may choose to stand against the powers that be on their own either because they feel drawn to some sense of honor or see that by avoiding conflict that day they would only be delaying their inevitable turn, or both.

The truth is that someone, I suspect TPF because of the heavy arguing in their cancellation topic, wants TGE dead and is working towards doing just that and if FOK will stay and fight or back down does not matter to them. Run? More power to them. Fight? More surrender terms to write up, more technology to plunder, more nations to enslave.

I assure you FOK is not, nor will they be alone.

Public declarations of support toward an ally who is going through a tough time are good, thats why.

Good show FOK, lets see if anyone goes after TGE now that they aren't just a lame duck.

Having support does not necessarily preclude TGE from the lame duck category.

And therein lies the rub. FOK is by no means "on their own". Beyond that, all you've done is assume whatever group attacking TGE and FOK would win. That is not an assumption to make. I'm not saying FOK would end up on the winning side of that conflict either. My point is that with Q as unstable as it seems to be and with the web as ridiculous as it currently is, nobody, not even the biggest of big wigs in the back rooms, can guarantee a victory for any possible group or coalition. If they could, war would have already occurred.

That FOK and TGE will lose is a perfectly realistic assumption to make and that the Continuum is unstable does not matter because it is not the treaty itself that is the driving force behind the hegemony. It is self-sustaining. Treaties are not worth the paper they are printed on, for the most part.

A combination of apathy from the masses, propaganda campaigns from the aggressors, and back room intimidation and bribery all play their role. Also, not having support nor a casus belli, TGE and FOK will not have the attackers' advantage in the physical act of war.

That FOK and TGE will lose is a perfectly realistic assumption to make and that the Continuum is unstable does not matter because it is not the treaty itself that is the driving force behind the hegemony. It is self-sustaining. Treaties are not worth the paper they are printed on, for the most part.

A combination of apathy from the masses, propaganda campaigns from the aggressors, and back room intimidation and bribery all play their role. Also, not having support nor a casus belli, TGE and FOK will not have the attackers' advantage in the physical act of war.

FOK as more then enough connections on it's own to allow itself political capital to even up the sides in said war.

No one, how can you gun for TGE they are pretty much DOA. They are mostly inactives and the few active parts of its government don't talk to each other and spends all its time plotting on each other. FoK should just absorb TGE or at the very least clean out its entire so called government and replace it with its own people until they get something resembling order in that mess. You have to give FoK credit for trying to save TGE the hardest thing to do is to try and save an alliance from itself. Good luck with that guys.

For one, the alliance is more active than you may think or have been told by people with a DATED perspective of TGE's internal affairs. Two, I like how you're so quick to claim TGE doesn't communicate with others when TPF never notified TGE that you thought your relations with TGE were growing cold before you dropped the MDoAP. Same with NADC and their ODP. From what I hear on the streets, nobody notified TGE about anything before announcements were made on the OWF. Third (and this is about the part in bold), you claim that all TGE's government does is plot against itself when the only people who did that recently were booted and your alliance decided to protect those traitors in their scorpion offshoot alliance. They were the only major incident involving "plotting" against one another that had any relevance to TGE. Other instances were due to infiltrations that were discovered and promptly removed.

If you had really been a good Ally to TGE, you wouldn't have even considered taking them (TSI) on as a protectorate after being told about their past.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Emperor Marx

FOK as more then enough connections on it's own to allow itself political capital to even up the sides in said war.

Connections? Like this?

vasorotto.jpg

Like I said, treaties are meaningless. When the war breaks out is when we'll see the dozens of threads declaring neutrality based on the attackers' justification for the war.

Connections? Like this?

vasorotto.jpg

Like I said, treaties are meaningless. When the war breaks out is when we'll see the dozens of threads declaring neutrality based on the attackers' justification for the war.

Learn this history of this alliance we call FOK!

Connections? Like this?

I'd usually agree with you.

However, FOK itself, and its friends, are a mostly brave bunch.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

Edited by MegaAros

Learn this history of this alliance we call FOK!

What's your point? This world has its fair share of quadriplegic giants who were once mighty until their limbs were blown off on the battlefield, some with a much richer history than FOK and greater military prowess than FOK.

What's your point? This world has its fair share of quadriplegic giants who were once mighty until their limbs were blown off on the battlefield, some with a much richer history than FOK and greater military prowess than FOK.

In a losing war, FOK was able to pull the first surrender of said war.

Unjust War history. Learn it.