FOK announcement

AvengerNL

Oh come now, Big Z. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me, but you won't fool me again.

It is just insulting to your colleagues on the world stage to deny that the beginning of a familiar campaign of isolation that we have seen numerous times won't lead to the same conclusion it has led to dozens of other times. What is different here? FOK or no FOK, if not today or tomorrow, or in a week; TGE is on somebody's list and you know it.

Edit: Lord Brendan, this applies to you too. Seriously, what will you give me when you're wrong?

Edited by Tom Litler

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So TPF and NADC make up 'most of the world'? :psyduck:

Simple mistake really, NADC usually only does things once the water's been tested by 'the rest of the world'. Initiative is not their strongest suit.. This is just a one off kind of thing, only following one alliance - I don't imagine we'll see it again after this debacle.

Oh come now, Big Z. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me, but you won't fool me again.

It is just insulting to your colleagues on the world stage to deny that the beginning of a familiar campaign of isolation that we have seen numerous times won't lead to the same conclusion it has led to dozens of other times. What is different here? FOK or no FOK, if not today or tomorrow, or in a week; TGE is on somebody's list and you know it.

Edit: Lord Brendan, this applies to you too. Seriously, what will you give me when you're wrong?

I think, perhaps, that you should reread what it was he actually said. ;)

I would like to raise a question.

If you have a treaty partner that is giving you no communication, and relations with them have dropped to nothing, then why do you keep the treaty around? Why does something always have to have a hidden meaning or a secret attack behind something? I for one, believe that if you have an empty treaty, it's pointless to keep it around. Actions like keeping empty treaties around are what lead to such sudden breaks before an attack, as some are suggesting. Now maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't know of anyone gunning for TGE, and don't see NADC running from anything. Therefore, I can see why this was posted, but I don't know why all the NADC bashing is needed.

But then again, maybe it's just the trend to keep empty treaties these days.

Edited by Shurukian

I won't pretend to know why this was posted or pretend that I grasp the politics here, but Emperor Frederick II has made it clear to us that TGE will shed every last drop of blood in defense of our friends - so it is not unexpected to me that our friends would stand by us.

o/ FOK!!!

Because they wanted to show that they stick with their treaties... Unlike some others I know

Shuru already covered it, but why must a treaty be kept if there is no communication or friendly interaction between its signatories?

edit: forgot the word 'interaction'

Edited by William Blake

If you have a treaty partner that is giving you no communication, and relations with them have dropped to nothing, then why do you keep the treaty around? Why does something always have to have a hidden meaning or a secret attack behind something? I for one, believe that if you have an empty treaty, it's pointless to keep it around. Actions like keeping empty treaties around are what lead to such sudden breaks before an attack, as some are suggesting. Now maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't know of anyone gunning for TGE, and don't see NADC running from anything. Therefore, I can see why this was posted, but I don't know why all the NADC bashing is needed.

But then again, maybe it's just the trend to keep empty treaties these days.

If only it were truly that simple but it never has been and the track record simply does not give reason to believe that this time will be any different.

What are we betting on? TGE being declared on or FOK honoring the treaty? I'll bet 100 tech/6M that FOK honors the treaty should it be activated (assuming you're not on any ZI lists).

Why was it necessary to post an announcement that you were NOT canceling a treaty?

Was this announcement really necessary? When your ally is facing tough times, there's nothing wrong with making a show of support.

If you have a treaty partner that is giving you no communication, and relations with them have dropped to nothing, then why do you keep the treaty around? Why does something always have to have a hidden meaning or a secret attack behind something?

Nothing wrong with dropping dated treaties, the reason NADC is getting bashed in here some is because few give them credit enough to make that decision without being prodded (how many people do you honestly know that audit and cancel ODPs? There's people with MDoAP's on this game that hate each other, for crying out loud). Therefore, most are concluding - however rightly - that NADC is merely fulfilling a back room request to drop an ally.

Something not a lot of people are big fans of, apparently.

What are we betting on? TGE being declared on or FOK honoring the treaty? I'll bet 100 tech/6M that FOK honors the treaty should it be activated (assuming you're not on any ZI lists).

Was this announcement really necessary? When your ally is facing tough times, there's nothing wrong with making a show of support.

I wasn't denying that FOK will jump in front of the train too when it comes. That wasn't my point.

Well, at least FOK is being honest on their announcements. The two cancellations should of just said, " sorry guys .. we want to fight on this side so we're eliminating holes in our treaty chain. "

You're going under the assumption that only two treaties have been canceled up to this point.

I wasn't denying that FOK will jump in front of the train too when it comes. That wasn't my point.

I wouldn't say they're jumping in front of the train. It's more like they've got their own train on the same tracks going the opposite way.

:popcorn:

Nothing wrong with dropping dated treaties, the reason NADC is getting bashed in here some is because few give them credit enough to make that decision without being prodded (how many people do you honestly know that audit and cancel ODPs? There's people with MDoAP's on this game that hate each other, for crying out loud). Therefore, most are concluding - however rightly - that NADC is merely fulfilling a back room request to drop an ally.

Something not a lot of people are big fans of, apparently.

Precisely