Official Spartan Announcement

So you would be fine with WTF taking the same attitude towards every member of Blood Pack and continuing to hit them after they revert to Sparta, Umbrella, etc?

Of course, then they'll just continue to roll WTF, those evil sons of bitches deserve it, right?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would be fine with WTF taking the same attitude towards every member of Blood Pack and continuing to hit them after they revert to Sparta, Umbrella, etc?

Perhaps you're missing them hitting Noobcake while he's still in ODN?

Perhaps you're missing them hitting Noobcake while he's still in ODN?

Incorrect. Noob cake is NOT in ODN. They made it clear he would not be admitted while he was still at war with WTF.

No more a member than I would be of ODN if I were to sit there in pending status while at war with DBDC nations.

But I digress, Happy Birthday Sparta. I knew Bush 84 back when he was in OIN, still remember the discussions we had when he told me Microminer and him were starting the whole thing up. He was a good guy, it was fun keeping in touch with him randomly over the years and sharing how each others lives were moving forward. He was one of the early good friends of WTF when we were just starting out.

Dear Sparta

For a little while now you have been trying very hard to be relevant.  Your performance in coalition channels was stellar and I am not surprised you have sulked off to curry favor with your former adversaries having very much worn out your welcome with your former friends.  Please remember very clearly the deliberate course you have chartered for yourselves now.  It is fine for some alliances to be cavalier about their disregard for the rights of others and the established conventions of Bob, they actually have the requisite people to play that hand.  I am not so sure you do.

The bluster about your performance last war is interesting, it would have been much more impressive if it wasn't accompanied with record levels of petulant behavior towards your allies.  So by all means play it like you are the newest tough guys on Bob if you wish, I will post the rattles you threw out of the cot when you didn't get everything your own way.   I am sure your new friends will be just as impressed with the Beatrix Potter one as I was and they will to find it ingratiating and cute when you toss it again when you realize you are just the new plaything for people who have lived this bad boy style for a long time.

I can at least respect people who are good at something, regardless of what it is, but I am not sure crying like a baby should be considered in that light.

We got official confirmation from Sparta.

This action is 100% endorsed by the Spartan Government as a way of supporting DBDC without actually declaring war as "Sparta" without a treaty.
It's gutless cowardly politics like this that made me cancel our treaty and it makes me sick to the core.

Sparta FFS just act as Sparta and own your actions like men, not slink around like spineless scum on fake AA's because you don't have the balls to stand for anything beyond sucking up to who you think will make you safe.

If you get it wrong you get it wrong, but you don't lose respect when you do it up front and honestly. What you've done here by endorsing the actions of your government and members to attack WTF is declare war on WTF. The thing is you have done it in the most cowardly way possible.

Daym.

Good day Dajobo and happy anniversary Sparta!

This action is 100% endorsed by the Spartan Government as a way of supporting DBDC without actually declaring war as "Sparta" without a treaty.
It's gutless cowardly politics like this that made me cancel our treaty and it makes me sick to the core.

Sparta FFS just act as Sparta and own your actions like men, not slink around like spineless scum on fake AA's because you don't have the balls to stand for anything beyond sucking up to who you think will make you safe.

If you get it wrong you get it wrong, but you don't lose respect when you do it up front and honestly. What you've done here by endorsing the actions of your government and members to attack WTF is declare war on WTF. The thing is you have done it in the most cowardly way possible.

/drops mic

FIFY ;)

Edited by supercoolyellow

I don't think it's fair to call it gutless and spineless to enter in a limited way like this when they have no moral obligation to get involved at all.

I don't think it's fair to call it gutless and spineless to enter in a limited way like this when they have no moral obligation to get involved at all.

That's precisely why it is gutless and spineless.

Joining forces against the massively outnumbered side for no reason other than the goal of acquiring political capital. They have nothing to lose but a few pixels, and it's no secret they've been trying to switch sides, and this is their way of doing it. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

That's precisely why it is gutless and spineless.

Joining forces against the massively outnumbered side for no reason other than the goal of acquiring political capital. They have nothing to lose but a few pixels, and it's no secret they've been trying to switch sides, and this is their way of doing it. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

You could plausibly call it opportunistic, but I don't see how "gutless and spineless" describe what you're talking about.

You could plausibly call it opportunistic, but I don't see how "gutless and spineless" describe what you're talking about.

It takes a lot more courage to join the losing side than it does to join the winning side, I recall a time when bandwagons were looked down upon, not cheered.

It takes a lot more courage to join the losing side than it does to join the winning side, I recall a time when bandwagons were looked down upon, not cheered.

Yes, joining the loosing side takes more courage than joining the winning side.  No one is claiming that what they are doing is "courageous".  But neither is it cowardly, gutless or spineless.  If they had a reason to join the loosing side it might be but they don't.

To me it shows what cowards Sparta really is, and should be telling to whomever they approach that they are will abandon whomever in order to try to be on the winning side.

So in your world, are we supposed to follow whatever side you want? You can act all surprised and such, but our views have been differing with our former allies for quite a bit now. What we are doing now is just a continuation of our change in FA policy. While we may disagree, to call us cowardice is not fair. We don't wish to continue upon the same path as you, but while we were on it, even when we disagreed we put our whole ns on the line for our allies. I would hope you guys recognize that and let us move on peacefully instead of becoming bitter that we would not follow you guys until the end of time.

Edited by adrian

I'll clarify.

Winning or losing pixels in either side isn't particularly courageous and my comment wasn't about the members of Sparta being gutless.

Taking a position and owning by it is the courage I refer too. It's about leadership and strength of character, or lack of it.
Sparta wish to change to the Doom Sphere. I don't regard that as courageous or otherwise and indeed given their reputation if anything, it's taking a risk.

Here is where I regard it as spineless though in the highest degree. If you are going to declare on WTF to curry favour with your desired masters, do it as Sparta and own the decision. This business of temporarily allowing joint membership and then relying on Doom Squad to save your arses if it blows up in your face is pure cowardice.
For god's sake you're Sparta Government. How the crap you can call it leadership and expect respect from anyone is beyond me. If I was a member there and watched my leaders act in such a spineless way I'd be moving heaven and earth to see their sorry arses kicked out the door.

Spartan Govt please man up and act like leaders before you make your AA the laughing stock of planet Bob, if it isn't too late already...

I'll clarify.

Winning or losing pixels in either side isn't particularly courageous and my comment wasn't about the members of Sparta being gutless.

Taking a position and owning by it is the courage I refer too. It's about leadership and strength of character, or lack of it.
Sparta wish to change to the Doom Sphere. I don't regard that as courageous or otherwise and indeed given their reputation if anything, it's taking a risk.

Here is where I regard it as spineless though in the highest degree. If you are going to declare on WTF to curry favour with your desired masters, do it as Sparta and own the decision. This business of temporarily allowing joint membership and then relying on Doom Squad to save your arses if it blows up in your face is pure cowardice.
For god's sake you're Sparta Government. How the crap you can call it leadership and expect respect from anyone is beyond me. If I was a member there and watched my leaders act in such a spineless way I'd be moving heaven and earth to see their sorry arses kicked out the door.

Spartan Govt please man up and act like leaders before you make your AA the laughing stock of planet Bob, if it isn't too late already...

Don't kid yourself, you'd be expelled long before that happened.

I'm really not wasting anymore time with you, My alliance has wasted enough time and burnt enough NS for you in the past to bother any further. Canceling XX and you were the best decisions I've ever made, and I'd do it again without a second thought. 

Your lackies can threaten to dump logs or whatever else you desire, you've already proven to plenty of people that you've become insane and bitter because I wouldn't fight alongside you in your wanna-be perma-war that you consistently ranted about only to ultimately backpedal out of when no one else would, either. We took our beating and we washed our hands. You need to get over it.

You're so far off base that it's scary that you lead anyone DA. Your 'bitter' claims simply don't stack up considering I cancelled our treaty with you and told you on that day it was because you were cowards.

Get with the program and act like the leader of Sparta and stop hiding behind Doom Squads apron mate before it's too late.

I'll clarify.

Dajobo, I've always viwed us as similiar leaders, especially as we both initially brought our alliances together. I have the utmost respect for you and for Polaris, and I wish we were still allied at this point and time. It brings me great pain that we aren't, and I still hope that there is some way to sway you and us to end up allied again and put this mess behind us, though I very much doubt that at this point.

I will say this though, there is no doubt, and no point in denying that certain Spartan leadership has attacked WTF nations at this point. That would just be plain silly. However, we have not delcared on WTF. Had we declared war on them, there'd be more wars, there'd be more damage, there'd be more evidence of Spartan involvment. We have chosen to help our friends in a limited way. We have not shyed away from our involvement, and have answered trutfully when questioned about it.

Edited by adrian

I will say this though, there is no doubt, and no point in denying that certain Spartan leadership has attacked WTF nations at this point. That would just be plain silly. However, we have not delcared on WTF. Had we declared war on them, there'd be more wars, there'd be more damage, there'd be more evidence of Spartan involvment. We have chosen to help our friends in a limited way. We have not shyed away from our involvement, and have answered trutfully when questioned about it.

Your friends who initiated a war to roll you only several months ago.