CNRP2 International Football League Signups

Louis XlV

I've got an itch.  An itch for FOOTBALL

After talking to Mogar, I've decided to start signups for an international cnrp2 tournament.  And before anyone says "But who are you!" I am Louis 14 and I've decided it's far more interesting for me to actually do a game like this than to do a nation roleplay.  This would allow me to have characters of multiple nationalities (with permission) to be able to have character-centric RPs with tons of people without being constrained or worried about nations, stats, war, etc

So, without further ado (Mogar will be down later tonight to help out!) I'm going to present to you the signup sheet and the rules.

THE SIGNUP:

CNRP2 Nation: (ie, "Principality of Tikal", "The Imperium of Japan")
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: (ie, "Tikal", "Japan")
CNRP2 National football team nickname: (ie, Las Aguilas, Samurai Blue)
CNRP2 football team kit color: (ie, yellow/blue or blue/yellow for primary and secondary, respectively)
CNRP2 football team playing style: attacking, defending, counter, tiki-taka, spreading, etc.  If unsure of unfamiliar with soccer/football, just pick aggressive or passive or neutral based on how it sounds

THE SIMULATION:

I import a custom league of all even players into Football Manager 2014.  Everyone gets an equal shot.  Then the season progresses (I'll be using MLS because that way we don't have to deal with the relegation nonsense) scores will rise or fall with players as they play well or play poorly.  This creates continuity from season to season and allows newcomers to come in with teams that aren't handicapped from having all the good ones taken.

After simulating three seasons in order to create a variety of teams that are stronger or weaker all randomly, we will begin the tournament.  If anyone whines about having a weaker team, just remember that anything can and will happen and there can be a dramatic turnaround from tournament to tournament.

In addition, since I don't play and I don't have a history here, I have no reason to be biased. :)

The tournament will run out like the FIFA Cup, essentially.  People will be put into groups, winners of the groups advance, and then single elimination from there on out.  There will also be a loser's bracket.

If there are any questions we can ask them in this thread.

CNRP2 Nation: Principality of Tikal
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: Tikal
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Las Águilas de Tikal (short: Las Águilas)
CNRP2 football team kit color: Yellow/yellow prim; Dark blue/dark blue sec

CNRP2 football team playing style: 4-2-3-1 Control; 4-4-1-1 Counter (alt. tactic)

CNRP2 Nation: Imperium of Japan
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: Japan
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Samurai Blue
CNRP2 football team kit color: Gold/white prim; White/Gold sec

CNRP2 football team playing style: 4-2-3-1 Aggressive; 3-4-3, Alternate style

CNRP2 Nation: Crown and Ecclesiarchy of Alaska
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: Alaksa
CNRP2 National football team nickname: the Northern Bears
CNRP2 football team kit color: Dark Blue and Gold
CNRP2 football team playing style: 3-4-3

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

Can you just give me all of Brazil's IRL !@#$ and let me know if there's anything else I need to add to this post?

No, and for the lulz I'm going to put your country in regardless of whether you sign up and give everyone zero skill in everything

CNRP2 Nation: Federation of Great Britain

CNRP2 Nation shorthand: Britain
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Three Lions
CNRP2 football team kit color: White/Red
CNRP2 football team playing style: Attacking style with a 4-4-2 Diamond Wide or an alternative 4-2-3-1.

CNRP2 Nation: Federation of the Atlantic
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: Federation, Atlantic Federation
CNRP2 National football team nickname: The Reds/Les Rouges
CNRP2 football team kit color: Red and white primary, white and red secondary
CNRP2 football team playing style: Attacking

CNRP2 Nation: Empire of New Babylon
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: New Babylon
CNRP2 National football team nickname: The Emperors Sons
CNRP2 football team kit color: red and gold
CNRP2 football team playing style: very aggressive

CNRP2 Nation: Druk Yul
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: Bhutan
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Druks ("Thunder Dragons")
CNRP2 football team kit color: (ie, yellow/blue or blue/yellow for primary and secondary, respectively): Orange/Yellow
CNRP2 football team playing style: High pressure with an offside trap:

This maybe described as an attacking way of defending. Teams try to win the ball back as quickly as possible where ever it be on the pitch and as close as possible to the opposition goal. It does require the other defending players to push up at the same time as the pressure is placed on the opposition player. Thus, offside is often played to prevent an attack behind the defence and as the opposition player will be pressured to play the ball as quickly as possible (often a long pass) he will have less time to judge the accuracy of his pass making the offside trap even more efficient.

I don't know how this would be labeled in your sim. I'll let you select what you believe most closely emulates this strategy.

CNRP2 Nation: N/A
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: N/A
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Nuked Neverlanders
CNRP2 football team kit color: green, glows in the dark
CNRP2 football team playing style: 1-1-1-7 Passive-Aggressive

I guess this team won't win (and I'd not even expect it to participate, given circumstances), but if you decide they participate, feel free to tell me where they'd end up. Because I have no idea whatsoever.

CNRP2 Nation: N/A
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: N/A
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Wei
CNRP2 football team kit colour: Home: Dark Blue; Away: A nice, dark, Green
CNRP2 football team playing style: Ambitious; driven; scores-goals-and-doesn't-concede; takes-it-up-to-eleven; 4-4-2; attacking, counter-attacking, playing down the wing Edited by Horo the Wise Wolf

CNRP2 Nation: Ireland
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: IRL
CNRP2 National football team nickname: The Celts
CNRP2 football team kit colour: Green white and orange, away white, orange and green. 
CNRP2 football team playing style: Really, really good.

CNRP2 Nation: The Margravate of Camberlain-in-New Zealand
CNRP2 Nation shorthand: New Zealand
CNRP2 National football team nickname: Knights
CNRP2 football team kit color: Blue and White
CNRP2 football team playing style: Agressive