After hearing the responses from both people Pope Paul VII would continue, "Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church."

The bridegroom says:

I, Karl, take you, Cloe, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

The bride says:

I, Cloe, take you, Karl, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

"You have declared your consent before the Church. May the Lord in his goodness strengthen your consent and fill you both with his blessings.

What God has joined, men must not divide."

"May the Lord bless these rings which you give to each other as the sign of your love and fidelity."

After the blessing of the rings, Pope Paul VII would then bestow his apostolic blessing upon the newly wedded couple and the attendees. Afterwards he would then say, "This ceremony is ended, go in peace!"

The bride and groom would then process out of the cathedral and the clergy would follow.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Royal Family of Sverige exited the cathedral, followed by the Empress standing at the center of the church, "The Reception starts in an hour at the Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre, all delegations will be given rides separately, families will be given transportation as possible. I'll see you all then."

She then leads the way out of the cathedral, the Royal couple already having taken their leave.

[hr]

One Hour Later

The Empress stood by the punch bowl, the party hadn't quite gotten started yet, but the families of the bride and groom were present, as well as the bride and broom themselves. She waits for people to arrive, she had some people she wanted to talk to.

Edited by Shave N Haircut

A diplomatic communique would arrive by wire.

Your Majesties King Gustav and Emperess Jeanne,

I appologize for this late communique, but I have been busy striking order out of chaos in my homelands. I understand due to the fact my nation has been newly formed that I might not have been invited, but I would like to attend to pay my respects to you and yours on this momentous occasion.

Yours Truly,
The Druk.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Kazuko had enjoyed the ceremony, though she had hoped for more action, C'est la vie she thought to herself, smiling, She had ducked away from the circles of people still standing around chatting, not one for these idle conversations. She had decided to head to the reception hall early, noticing the French Empress she walked over, a warm smile upon her face, she hugged the fellow ruler warmly, though their first meeting they had been in communication constantly since the alliance had been signed. "Jeanne! What a pleasure to finally meet you in person!" she exclaimed, "and how beautiful you look, When will I be seeing you in a White dress heading down the aisle?" she teased.

Edited by Mogar

The French Empress receives the hug welcomingly, giving her a kiss next to her cheeks in traditional Southern French style, "The Pleasure is all mine." she says with a smile as she disengages from her Japanese counterpart, "You know I'm not the marrying type, I'm giving the nation to my sister when I'm done with it. I don't think I could have children anyways. What about you though? When are you going to go out and grab yourself someone to give you heirs?"

[hr]

Dear Druk,

If you can make it, we would adore to have you. The celebration is about to be underway though.

~Empress Jeanne de LaQueu

Edited by Shave N Haircut

The aircraft recieved the response in flight... it was a supersonic concorde. It'd arrive in 1 and a half hours in stockholm. King Wangchuck would probably be a little late and catch the end of it. His master.. sat in the cargo bay.. and would wait word whether it would be safe for him to have an audience.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Mei would also arrive late at the party with Lee and Jesse. She would tell people Lee was her bodyguard but wouldn't hide the fact that Jesse was actually her son. Luckily Jesse was able to bring his girlfriend Alexis along as well but he still wasn't sure about what Mei was doing. "You sure it is a good idea to start telling everyone I am your really your son?"

"People need to start learning the truth about us Jesse. Although we may not tell them the WHOLE truth it is better than just lying to them."

"I can see where you are going with this and I still don't like it."

"You need to stop treating everything like one of your missions Jesse. We are here to relax and have fun talking with the other leaders of the world while paying respects to the new married couple."

"Mother you seriously have a wierd definition of the word fun."

"Come on Jesse your mother is right." Alexis would say. "We need to enjoy this peace while we still can because who knows when a new enemy will pop up."

"Oh I have a bad feeling about this."

Representing the Northlands was Cristiaan van Leeuwenhoek, First Minister, and Katherine Steinhocken, Imperial Advisor. After arriving and sitting through the wedding, the two would mingle with the guests and foreign dignitaries, looking for someone with whom to make conversation.

The French Empress receives the hug welcomingly, giving her a kiss next to her cheeks in traditional Southern French style, "The Pleasure is all mine." she says with a smile as she disengages from her Japanese counterpart, "You know I'm not the marrying type, I'm giving the nation to my sister when I'm done with it. I don't think I could have children anyways. What about you though? When are you going to go out and grab yourself someone to give you heirs?"

The Japanese Empress laughed at the thought, "And be stuck at home? Could you imagine trying to fight with a pregnant belly? Maybe someday... but for now Japan is my child, and requires my full attention, this vacation is a nice change of pace though I may have to treat myself more often."

General Akinyi made her way to the party, a consort-guard on each arm. They laughed and conversed with one another in Swahili, and in English or French when appropriate to foreigners who spoke with them. The General kept her eyes open for other African representatives, but it seemed they were in short supply at a European royal wedding. With that hope dashed, she began scanning for the Americans, or any other representatives she had already spoken with.

The Japanese Empress laughed at the thought, "And be stuck at home? Could you imagine trying to fight with a pregnant belly? Maybe someday... but for now Japan is my child, and requires my full attention, this vacation is a nice change of pace though I may have to treat myself more often."

"Fighting is for the guards, I'm not as good at it as I once was." Jeanne says with a smile, "But I need no reason to justify my choice. France's future is secure with my family regardless of if I bear a child into it or not." she considers for a moment, "You wouldn't happen to have a little time after this wedding to spare would you? I would love to show you around my palace and the city if you're willing to take another flight."

Mark mingled through the crowds, bored out of his mind. He looked around for other dignitaries to converse with but he didn't want to bother anyone so he ended up standing alone. While the two guards that had accompanied him were nowhere to be found. No doubt, they were most likely hitting on foreign women. Mark sighed as he made his way to the bar and ordered a drink.

"Fighting is for the guards, I'm not as good at it as I once was." Jeanne says with a smile, "But I need no reason to justify my choice. France's future is secure with my family regardless of if I bear a child into it or not." she considers for a moment, "You wouldn't happen to have a little time after this wedding to spare would you? I would love to show you around my palace and the city if you're willing to take another flight."

"I never like relying on the guards, I wouldn't ever want to be having to trust others to do something I can't do myself. I would love to come for a visit, it would be nice to actually spend some time with you outside of the constant work that lays in front of both of us constantly."

Upon arriving at the reception area for the after wedding celebrations, King Karl Gustaf would hold a small ceremony where he would place a Tiara made from Silver and embedded with numerous Sapphire's to represent the national colors of both France and Sverige. After placing the Tiara on her head, he would lean down and kiss her softly on the lips, which was followed by a round of applause from the audience.

"Bureaucratic messes aren't something I like to dwell in." the Empress says, applauding when her sister was crowned, "It's good to get away from it so that you don't end up being a desk-jockey, permanently. Orleans is a beautiful place."

The Princess stands and gives Karl a second kiss, smiling at him and turning to the crowd with a smile, "Let the festivities begin!"

After the wedding ceremony, William and Samantha Evans made their over to the reception in the provided transportation. They chatted amongst themselves for a little while, but seeing as it was their first overseas visit since the founding of the Federation, they figured it was wise to mingle a bit. By the time the President got to the refreshment bar and got himself a tonic water, his wife had gone off to chat up some of the other guests.

Evans saw the Cascadian delegate standing alone not too far from him, and decided to go introduce himself. "Good day. You're the Crown Prince of Cascadia, yes? William Lyon Evans, Atlantic Federation. Not many North Americans in attendance."

Ambassador Lorenzo Rizzuto would enter the reception and would make his way over to wherever the alcohol was being served. After ordered quite a few he would then return to his official diplomatic duties, looking for any foreign dignitaries that might be interested in speaking with the now drunk Italian.

---------------------------------

Pope Paul VII would change in the sacristy of the Cathedral. After speaking sometime with the French Primate, they both decided it would be best to leave the Pagan-State. The Pope would arrive back in Vatican City a few hours later.

Mark looked up at the sound of someone speaking to him. He studied the man as he spoke and introduced himself. Mark decided he should speak to this polite man. "Well hello!" Mark smiled. "Yes I am the crown prince of Cascadia. I'm pleasently surprised someone actually recognized me outside of my country!" Mark chuckled. "Yeah, it does not seem like many North Americans are here. Which I find disappointing." Mark sighed. "If I may ask, what is your position within the Atlantic Federation? I visited Maine once and it was just stunning! Oh, my names Mark Wymore by the way." He chuckled again.

Edited by Dillon1102

Tikal's rulers had been sitting in the far back during the actual wedding ceremony, curious about the rituals observed by the French and Swedes. Interesting, but not quite something they would want to introduce in this form to Tikal. Unions like this were affairs of family and friends, even those of the highest-ranked officials.

After the ceremony, the two lingered for a time, mostly watching other dignitaries and statesmen, not inserting them into any conversation or discussion. If anyone wanted to speak to them, they would have to be approached first.

"President of the Federation," said Evans, as modestly as he could manage with such a title. "I'm here with my wife Samantha in attendance of this lovely ceremony. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

The Federation runs on a semi-presidential system; the Prime Minister handles most of the day-to-day internal affairs, while I handle matters of state. I'm not surprised you don't recognize me. The PM has been in the news recently moreso than myself, and the Federation takes somewhat of a less grandiose view of its head of state than some nations."

King Wangchuck would finally make a late arrival, he would make straightway for the bride and groom, "I beg your pardon for the late arrival, majesties. I got here as quickly as I could, even took the only supersonic jet in the state's possession out for a spin to try to get here on time. But with the state just forming up it was difficult to get away, even for the most important of occasions. I hope you will take these apologies in earnest and take the best wishes of myself and the people of Druk Yul. May the Budda place his blessings upon you."

Whoa the president! Talking to me! "Well Mr. President, I am very honored to meet you! Not every day I can meet someone of your esteem. I know this might be asking a lot but I can officially represent Cascadia and if it's not to much to ask, maybe we could create a treaty?"

"We could certainly discuss something to our mutual benefit, yes. The Federation remains open to your government should they wish to visit Ottawa or invite myself or my Foreign Minister to Cascadia."

The Polish President would make a fashionably late arrival. After cramming himself into about two thousand dollars worth of suit and draping the Ms. Poland Contest winner on his right arm, he would be seen rolling into the reception bearing gifts for the newly married couple. Nothing but the finest from Poland's silvermakers in the form of a set of fine silver plates, goblets, and silverware engraved with the relevant national symbols of the bride and the groom's nations.