A man wearing a vaguely cheap suit approached the tikal representatives, he was drinking wine out of a glass taking in the drink whenever he could raise it to his mouth. "Weddings are such dull affairs yes?" He said with a strong but almost off French accent, he turned to the tikal reps with a sly smile, "apologies, I am your new neighbor, I am president jean hollande".

The president of French Guiana had barely managed to get into the wedding, the affairs of his new nation had him bogged down when he decided to pay his respects to the royal family.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Snip]

The Prince inclined his head in greeting and with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you, President Hollande. I am Prince of Tikal, Chak Tok Ich'aak, and this is my companion, Princess of Tikal, Shana'Kin Yaxchel Ik'nal. I'm glad that yet another nation has risen in the Americas, and do hope for prosperity and peace in your time."

He sipped some of the drink he had, a non-alcoholic juice. "As for weddings, I must admit I've never been to one. A Christian one, that is. It all seems a bit, hm. A little presumptuous, I'd say. Such pomp and glamour. These sorts of affairs are much more subdued in Tikal."

"We could certainly discuss something to our mutual benefit, yes. The Federation remains open to your government should they wish to visit Ottawa or invite myself or my Foreign Minister to Cascadia."

"The federation remains open to our government? Have we done something to offend you? Anyways I can just come with you back to Ottawa, I've been meaning to visit. It would be a good chance for diplomacy and a vacation."

"Bureaucratic messes aren't something I like to dwell in." the Empress says, applauding when her sister was crowned, "It's good to get away from it so that you don't end up being a desk-jockey, permanently. Orleans is a beautiful place."

She joined in the applause, replying once the thunderous noise had quieted. "They'd have to break my legs to stick me at a desk," The Empress said with a smile. "They had to force me into the shelters when the nuclear attack happened, I did not want to run away to safety while my people were outside potentially dying, thankfully through the will of the Gods Tokyo was not struck, though many others were, the rebuilding effort continues, I have really enjoyed the designs of the buildings so far, perhaps after you show me yours I can show you mine." She said quietly, laughing afterwards, she may be a monarch but it was still entertaining to her to make jokes in the rare opportunities she was able to.

The Princess smiles at the King and giggled, "It's fine, at the very least you showed up, and that's good enough to show that you're at very least interested in letting us know that you wish us well. It's more than can be said of some nations, and I at least am very grateful for it."

[hr]

The Empress laughs with her counterpart and grins at her, "Well, I do hope that you've found the aid from France to be to your liking, the people are oh so enthusiastic about sending it." she says, "I didn't even have to urge them along, it just sort of happened without any urging. Let's you know just how much the French people like Japan. I'm sure you'll forgive me if I wait a little longer before I visit, I would never hear the last of it from my cabinet. I'm sure we'll enjoy eachother's company while we do see each other though."

"Noble of you to consider your people of course, but I'm sure they're better off with you around." the Empress comments, calling back a little.

The Prince inclined his head in greeting and with a smile. "A pleasure to meet you, President Hollande. I am Prince of Tikal, Chak Tok Ich'aak, and this is my companion, Princess of Tikal, Shana'Kin Yaxchel Ik'nal. I'm glad that yet another nation has risen in the Americas, and do hope for prosperity and peace in your time."

He sipped some of the drink he had, a non-alcoholic juice. "As for weddings, I must admit I've never been to one. A Christian one, that is. It all seems a bit, hm. A little presumptuous, I'd say. Such pomp and glamour. These sorts of affairs are much more subdued in Tikal."

Hollande leaned casually against the wall, "That's western culture for you, though this is a special occasion, the most powerful people usually get to have such lavish events such as this." He emptied the glass of wine with a final gulp before setting it down on a nearby table, "we should get together some time your highness, our people would benefit from closer relations" Hollande handed a small card to the prince, "my personal number along with the number to my office" he smiled before pushing himself off the wall. 

He waved a waiter over for another drink, if Hollande had a weakness it was expensive wine and champagne and the wedding had enough to satisfy his palate. He took a glass of bronzed champagne smelling it, "there's nothing like good French champagne, we try making it at home, but never can get the taste or smell just right" he took a sip before turning back to the Prince. "I am curious, what do Tikal do in ceremonies like this if you don't mind me asking?"

[Snip]

"Hm, lavish indeed." The Prince nodded. He accepted Hollande's card with what appeared to be a genuine smile. "I'll be glad to discuss relations with you some time in the future, Mr. President. I'll just have to get the DoD to set up a proper meeting."

Both Royals/'Divines' watched the President get himself another drink. Upon the question, the Princess inserted herself into the conversation. "In Tikal, weddings are generally called 'divine unions'. Usually, only the direct family - that is, siblings, siblings' children, parents, parents' siblings and their children, and grandparents - as well as the closest of friends are invited, even at the highest ranks of society. The process itself is overseen by a priest of the Popol Vuh and culminated by the only time when a small amount of human blood is offered as sacrifice to the Gods. Just a drop from each of the two into a chalice of clear water, and two drops from the priest. The sacrifice would be pouring the chalice's contents over the statue or statues of the Gods the two want to sacrifice it to.

"After this Ceremony, all in attendance, including the priest, proceed to the home of the newly united pair where a small celebration is held. Sometimes a few more mundane sacrifices are offered up, but afterwards not much more happens." She smiled at the President, watching his reaction to the practises she had just described. All completely accurate of course, though some pairs offered more than a few drops of their blood up.

"The federation remains open to our government? Have we done something to offend you? Anyways I can just come with you back to Ottawa, I've been meaning to visit. It would be a good chance for diplomacy and a vacation."

"Not in the least, sir. And yes, a meeting could be arranged. I'll arrange for the state guest house to be reserved for your use when you arrive in Ottawa. We can discuss details at that point." Having finished his drink, Evans got himself another tonic water and went off to mingle some more.

The King of Druk Yul was not one for grandiose displays. Once he had conveyed his congratulations to the Prince and Princess, he quietly found a seat amongs the guests and settled down occasionally taking drink and a small snack from the provided catering. He would watch the other heads of state mingle and talk. His vantage point kind of reminded him of his visits to everest.. a whole wide world before you, this one just happened to be political and social, quite the view.

"Hm, lavish indeed." The Prince nodded. He accepted Hollande's card with what appeared to be a genuine smile. "I'll be glad to discuss relations with you some time in the future, Mr. President. I'll just have to get the DoD to set up a proper meeting."

Both Royals/'Divines' watched the President get himself another drink. Upon the question, the Princess inserted herself into the conversation. "In Tikal, weddings are generally called 'divine unions'. Usually, only the direct family - that is, siblings, siblings' children, parents, parents' siblings and their children, and grandparents - as well as the closest of friends are invited, even at the highest ranks of society. The process itself is overseen by a priest of the Popol Vuh and culminated by the only time when a small amount of human blood is offered as sacrifice to the Gods. Just a drop from each of the two into a chalice of clear water, and two drops from the priest. The sacrifice would be pouring the chalice's contents over the statue or statues of the Gods the two want to sacrifice it to.

"After this Ceremony, all in attendance, including the priest, proceed to the home of the newly united pair where a small celebration is held. Sometimes a few more mundane sacrifices are offered up, but afterwards not much more happens." She smiled at the President, watching his reaction to the practises she had just described. All completely accurate of course, though some pairs offered more than a few drops of their blood up.

Hollande's look was more than comical, he stared into the glass thinking of how glad he wasn't drinking the red wine anymore. "That is, interesting, very interesting I'll have to see about attending that some day" his eyes darted throughout the room as his mind raced for an answer to prevent this getting any more awkward. "So...I am glad we got to meet, it has been a pleasure" he extended his arm to shake the Tikal delegates hands keeping his posture professional and respectful. 

Hollande's look was more than comical, he stared into the glass thinking of how glad he wasn't drinking the red wine anymore. "That is, interesting, very interesting I'll have to see about attending that some day" his eyes darted throughout the room as his mind raced for an answer to prevent this getting any more awkward. "So...I am glad we got to meet, it has been a pleasure" he extended his arm to shake the Tikal delegates hands keeping his posture professional and respectful. 

They both chuckled, and the Prince rolled his eyes.

"Worry not about offending us, Mr. President. We are more than aware of how very different customs in Tikal are from what you and most everyone else here is used to. And we'll not subject foreigners to our customs unless they want to." He shook Hollande's hand first, then the Princess did the same. Ich'aak continued, "It's been a great pleasure meeting you. Have a great evening."

With that, they bowed slightly and moved elsewhere, leaving the French Guinean to take his mind off the strange customs of Tikal.

The Empress laughs with her counterpart and grins at her, "Well, I do hope that you've found the aid from France to be to your liking, the people are oh so enthusiastic about sending it." she says, "I didn't even have to urge them along, it just sort of happened without any urging. Let's you know just how much the French people like Japan. I'm sure you'll forgive me if I wait a little longer before I visit, I would never hear the last of it from my cabinet. I'm sure we'll enjoy eachother's company while we do see each other though."

"Noble of you to consider your people of course, but I'm sure they're better off with you around." the Empress comments, calling back a little.

"We will be eternally grateful to the aid your nation has given us in our greatest time of need." she said bowing respectfully, though slight enough most would not have even noticed the gesture, her counterpart would. "It's an open offer, I fully understand having to listen to cabinets even though they're dreadfully boring." she smirked. "I can't leave them alone running the country for too long, they might realize they don't need me and I'll find myself out of a job if I stay away for too long." she teased.

"They'd certainly find themselves out of a few provinces, I don't think the majority of the cabinet shares me views about inclusionary policies, some of them would rather turn inwards and go isolationist, it doesn't seem to work in history though."

After making a few rounds and seeing what they could see, the Federation's presidential couple made their way over to the recently married King and Princess to pay their respects and thank them for the gracious invitation. They congratulated the two and mentioned their gift of a set of bone china tableware that was being delivered to the reception, then prepared to depart.

William stopped by the Cascadian Crown Prince to mention that he was going to be flying back to Ottawa with his wife, and that the state guest house at 7 Rideau Gate would be ready by the time he decided to visit. The Federation Mounted Police's protective service would handle all security for the visit, and Wymore would be welcome to travel and see the sights of the Federation.

They politely stuck around for long enough to exchange pleasantries with the other invitees to ensure they hadn't missed anyone, then departed for the CC-150 that would take them back to Ottawa.

"They'd certainly find themselves out of a few provinces, I don't think the majority of the cabinet shares me views about inclusionary policies, some of them would rather turn inwards and go isolationist, it doesn't seem to work in history though."

"That's never really worked all that well, except for pre-industrial societies looking to industrialize but Japan isn't one of those now is it?" she asks rhetorically. They spoke for another hour or so, the Empress' time being entirely monopolized by her counterpart except when her sister came over to chat her up for about thirty minutes in between.

Eventually the party began to break up, "Well Kazuko, what say we make our way back to my jet? You can let people know that there's been a change in plans on the way can't you?"

public

Robert accepts the invitation and boards his plane to France , leaving the vice president to wright a head to tell leader that he is on his way to attend the wedding.

Private

re: The President has humbly accepted your invite and is thrilled to attend the wedding in hopes that this would establish peaceful relations between our two counties.