Bird Hunting

Rotavele is on your side, which means I win.  :awesome:

Lol, that was mean Starfox, but it was funny  :P

Also I'm not sure why more people don't fight back. I saw the messages they've sent to you guys. Contrary to the aura that people for some reason believe,

• DBDC didn't get that large by raiding, many of them were neutrals or barely fought for their respective alliances beforehand.
  • DBDC donates their fair share to the gods every month to get more infra/etc. I don't know how you can't call someone like that an infra hugger.
  • Without their nukes they are nothing (Which run out quickly in warfare, trust me, even faster if you have an SDI).
  • DBDC doesn't want people to fight back as the primary goal is to get profit from it.
  • DBDC doesn't want to be a 21 nation alliance with 10k NS each nation as they'd be about as relevant as Kashmir. 
  • DBDC's NS is highly inflated by land, it's like an intimidation factor
  • DBDC prays on the innocent and weak nations, while if you're a strong nation or a fighter, they want to ally you to protect themselves (See: IRON) even though that is a moral point
  • They Flaunt 6 bill Warchests, yet to buy full tanks Cuba has to spend around ~$500,000,000 alone.

I think more people are intimidated by the ANS and nation strength of DBDC. However as soon as someone cuts them down to size, they'll be unknown.

Edited by Rotavele

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being raided by a sovereign alliance... I thought that was kinda the point of treaties, you know to prevent this kind of thing? Especially seeing as you can't prevent it on your own

Or maybe treaties don't mean the same to y'all

You thought wrong.  Preventing raids is the point of protectorates, Polaris isn't anyone's protectorate.

The point of treaties, as practiced, is legion: to signify friendship, signify political unity, play politics, and/or present a united force, deter attack, etc etc.  Treaties are put into play by things, but they're activated by election.  Perhaps Polaris will elect to activate treaties, perhaps we won't.

If, however, we take your thoughts on their face, this is not a Polaris problem, it's an every-alliance-in-history problem, since every alliance with treaties has been attacked at one point or another regardless of their treaties.  No alliance can prevent this on its own--any alliance can attack any alliance at any point in time for any reason or no reason without regard to how many treaties the target AA has.  So, what's your point?

Edited by Schattenmann

You thought wrong.  Preventing raids is the point of protectorates, Polaris isn't anyone's protectorate.

The point of treaties, as practiced, is legion: to signify friendship, signify political unity, play politics, and/or present a united force, deter attack, etc etc.  Treaties are put into play by things, but they're activated by election.  Perhaps Polaris will elect to activate treaties, perhaps we won't.

If, however, we take your idiotic thoughts on their face, this is not a Polaris problem, it's an every-alliance-in-history problem, since every alliance with treaties has been attacked at one point or another regardless of their treaties.  So, what's your point?

As he is a DBDC ally and how they've negotiated in the past conflict last week with me (Threatening with DBDC at every chance they had to all alliances involved), I think he's just saying go ahead and bring in your allies and DBDC will bring in theirs.

What he fails to realize though is that DBDC doesn't really want open season warfare. They would lose tech. A lot of it, and that will dip into the god donation fund a bit more. They only want raids.

EDIT: I also forgot they'd lose land quickly. Which would give the impression that whoever is fighting them is rolling them hard NS Wise. (Hence how their NS is so heavily inflated by land)

Edited by Rotavele

Imagine a world where you are Rotavele and you think in that manner

I am still confused why you still constantly quote a popular show from my nation.

Bth_imagination_zpsa2cb3e79.jpg

Imagine there's no Rotavele, It's easy if you try. No war below us, above us only peace. Imagine all the people, living for today.

if-at-first-you-dont-succeed.jpg

Franz is one of our top motivational speakers. You could do good by listening to him, Rey.

The nation of Caligula offers its support to Non Grata in this endeavor

Starfox we have myself and IYIyth now. You guys truly are going to win.
Edited by Rotavele

You and reading comprehension really do not get along.

Speak for yourself and read up to know what I was talking about.

Edit: I know you probably won't be able to tell, so Post #22 and Post #23.

Edited by Rotavele

b5QJBMY.png

Grand Global Alliance: Declaration of War

Over the past few weeks the Holy Emperor of the GGA, Rotavele was in conflict with Non Grata and the Doomsquad Alignment. A few days ago that was concluded with the peace agreement of 300 technology. After getting a financier to pay off my tech for me, the nation it was sent to was the only nation that was agreed upon that would not get aid. However Doom Squad and their representative in Doombird Doomcave would in fact tell the financier to send it to him.

That was the first transgression but not the last, The Holy Emperor entered the war with Doom Squad to prevent bullying of a smaller and newer nation. It was noted that Doombird Doomcave has been doing this for awhile, and well it's not right. So I figured I'd do something about it.

Yet that is just not the casus belli for this war. See now I've grown tired of these transgressions, and it would appear I am not alone. These transgressions are not the only casus belli, it is one of the things that GGA has been known for, for over 8 years now. The GGA casus belli for going bird hunting is as follows:

The Grand Global Alliance hereby recognizes hostilities with Doombird Doomcave, Doomsquad, and Non Grata on the grounds of a ... Pre-Emptive Strike

:smug:

Signed for The Grand Global Alliance,

Rotavele, Holy Emperor

So you accept a deal, back out of it, accept another deal,  back out of it, then accept this final deal and then back out of it?  

If only you were a little bigger.

So you accept a deal, back out of it, accept another deal,  back out of it, then accept this final deal and then back out of it?  

If only you were a little bigger.

That deal was closed. Im not backing out of it, just making a new deal.

1306120574.jpg

NG is paying for those reps.

Also Caliph why are you in peace mode? Being one of the lowest NS nations in DBDC, you need to come out.

Edited by Rotavele

That deal was closed. Im not backing out of it, just making a new deal.

1306120574.jpg

NG is paying for those reps.

Also Caliph why are you in peace mode? Being one of the lowest NS nations in DBDC, you need to come out.

I'll be out soon enough.

Not sure what about three DBDC folks attacking two or three Polars makes this a train. I'm pretty sure those attacked have not peaced out, and a few nukes have been launched and eaten. I would question your experience as a conductor (or adventurous college student, depending on the type of "train" referred to), this is not how trains are run. There could only be two DBDCers involved for this to qualify as a train.

NpO Damage Inflicted: 21,697

DBDC Damage Inflicted: 80,769

That's 3 days of fighting, in my home country this would be considered a train.  

And how dare you question my experience as a conductor, I'll have you know I've conducted lots of things.

NpO Damage Inflicted: 21,697

DBDC Damage Inflicted: 80,769

That's 3 days of fighting, in my home country this would be considered a train.  

And how dare you question my experience as a conductor, I'll have you know I've conducted lots of things.

It's also an 8 on 3, I believe, against nations with 30k-40k more tech.

But sure, be purposely obtuse, like you could do better. 

It's also an 8 on 3, I believe, against nations with 30k-40k more tech.

But sure, be purposely obtuse, like you could do better. 

I'm not saying it's not expected, I just am defending my earlier comment of them running a train on you, which was disputed.  I just provided stats to prove there was indeed a train being run, but I agree this train is loaded with tech and land and there's not a whole lot you can do.

Myth was referring to your campaign against NG, not the argument between myself and Dane. 

Besides, I love Myth.

<3 . You've just gained the respect of Justin Masterson.