CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

Lynneth and Mara and others I miss y'all..... I wish I could get on IRC but for some reason COLDFRONT doesn't want to run on my campus's wifi/server. I don't know what it is. If y'all want to talk to me just send me a message or we can get on a different IRC server. My work load is getting more manageable so I look forward to posting more with all of you soon.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/123601-gruenreich-news-events-and-information/#entry3317710

^ To get this conversation out of my thread...

1. No, Grünreich has no lands in Germany. It is a Saxon nation that is in Greenland.
2. No, I am not asking permission to be in a RP. My request can be implied by my having wanted to roll in, and Lynneth's denial of it can be implied by his having said "that is my protectorate" rather than adding me to the map.
3. No, this is not some call-out against him or anyone else, but yeah, I really think protectorates are dumb. Sue me.

The most responsible use of protectorates is to regulate who is your immediate neighbor; this of course is rarely how they're used.

I disagree entirely with this. The most responsible use of a protectorate is as a strategic tool against other in-game nations. The anti-colonial protectorates, for example, are good. They keep land from being divided up by bored/disinterested current nations that could be used by new people rolling in, and function strictly as a way of denying a landing platform to others who would use it as a place to launch an invasion of your mainland territories.

But that isn't how they are used. How they are used is exactly what you said: to pick and choose who is allowed to RP near you. I think that is preposterous and against the spirit of good RP. A good RPer is willing to do what Mogar did: allow a threat to roll in near him anyway, even though it might fuck him over in the long run, because the health of the RP is more important than his individual nation's success.

The problem is we are not really playing a collaborative RP game in which people are concerned with a storyline, all that apparently matters to one faction is detailed military information and diplomacy, everything else is irrelevant.

Ah yes because letting trolls or needlessly antagonistic people roll next to me is "healthy for the rp."

Protectorates can keep an RP healthy by preventing assholes from rolling nations. If one finds themself in a situation where nobody is willing to give land, then one should ask "why don't people like me?"

It's the same way that a GM in a tabletop campaign can deny people from playing if they are disruptive or inappropriate. Only it's the community, not a single GM, policing such things.

You're not in that situation, several have offered space to you; you're just too proud to accept it. No, you'd rather grandstand. Hell I thought I was bad with my rage quits and returns but somehow you reroll and quit in protest every few weeks, or so it seems.

There is a certain faction that constantly cries that cnrp2 is collaborative and fair, but all they do is annex territory and invade people without any real cause. God bless CNRP reborn and the new founding fathers.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Collaborative assumes the people who roll in on our borders are intending on collaborating, not going outright hostile and stabbing you in the back becauase the world isn't going to another faction's liking. The founding fathers had it right, the corruption simply has not been contained. The OOC tomfoolery continues despite every peace branch extended. Worse, I hear a lot of it has to do with behind the scenes "sexual favors". Digusts me.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Collaborative assumes the people who roll in on our borders are intending on collaborating, not going outright hostile and stabbing you in the back becauase the world isn't going to another faction's liking. The founding fathers had it right, the corruption simply has not been contained. The OOC tomfoolery continues despite every peace branch extended. Worse, I hear a lot of it has to do with behind the scenes "sexual favors". Digusts me.

Well that's an interesting and surprising twist.

I wish it were, but I am aware of it. It is not my place to air everyone's dirty laundry. It's a nice little game we're playing.

"It exists."
"No, you're a liar."
"Trust me, it is happening, but I am not going to stoop so low as to dump that content on this forum."
"No, you're a liar."

Sounds like a pair of school children.

I wish it were, but I am aware of it. It is not my place to air everyone's dirty laundry. It's a nice little game we're playing.

"It exists."
"No, you're a liar."
"Trust me, it is happening, but I am not going to stoop so low as to dump that content on this forum."
"No, you're a liar."

Sounds like a pair of school children.

Then you don't bring it up.

I bring it up because it is part of the problem underlying the ooc conflicts in this community which is driving some of its more destructive action. People want to know where it's coming from... and have complained about it.. well.. now they know part of it.