House Baratheon Video Announcement

The Zigur

The difference between the original source material and our situation is that the Lannisters and Baratheons are on the same side, just as when I secured Robert Baratheon's place on the throne so many years ago. It was only a matter of editing the material to present this new reality.

Right except for the part where you show up and start killing them.

Tywin Lannister: Bad diplomat, worse politician, downright awful artist.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tywin is our Hand, yes.

He occasionally, okay maybe more than occasionally, puts his foot in his mouth in public, and when that happens he doesn't speak for us. But he's exceptionally talented in government, he's one of us, and we're glad to have him.

Tywin is our Hand, yes.

He occasionally, okay maybe more than occasionally, puts his foot in his mouth in public, and when that happens he doesn't speak for us. But he's exceptionally talented in government, he's one of us, and we're glad to have him.

"When he's being a dumbshit he's not ours and doesn't count"

So just expel him, or remove him from government. Because he's a dumbshit every time he opens his mouth.

Tywin is our Hand, yes.

He occasionally, okay maybe more than occasionally, puts his foot in his mouth in public, and when that happens he doesn't speak for us.

Oh, so you claim him until he says regrettable shit? His conduct is continually befitting a new recruit, not your fucking second in command. If he has no idea how act in public he has no business being in government. Why the hell would you want him associated with the image of HB?

Oh, so you claim him until he says regrettable shit? His conduct is continually befitting a new recruit, not your fucking second in command. If he has no idea how act in public he has no business being in government. Why the hell would you want him associated with the image of HB?

As it is, all hes doing is making more enemies for you. If that's one of the reasons hes in gov besides being good at running things, then hes doing a incredible job.

I'm sorry, we're not the ones being rolled right now. Please stop trying to derail this announcement with your tears.

Which has nothing to do with you. Look, I generally like HB, but damn, putting you that high up...also, love the tears reference, I too remember 2008.

I'm sorry Rayvon, we're not the ones being rolled right now. Please stop trying to derail this announcement with your tears.

You should be less concerned with me and NSO (glad to see you edited that sig of yours, did your king order that?) and worry more about not continuing the stupid bullshit that will have your alliance rolled by someone. Keep your "clandestine hobbies" to yourself.

We appreciate the advice, but frankly, we don't need lessons in civility. Even if we did, the New Sith Order would be the last alliance in the game qualified to offer them.

Any further inquiries about our government structure may be directed to our forums or to in-game PM. As House Baratheon's Master of Laws, I will be happy to answer any sincere inquiries on this matter behind closed doors, but doing so on OWF will simply feed the, well, dark side of OWF, as any matter large or small inevitably does.

We appreciate the advice, but frankly, we don't need lessons in civility. Even if we did, the New Sith Order would be the last alliance in the game qualified to offer them.

Any further inquiries about our government structure may be directed to our forums or to in-game PM. As House Baratheon's Master of Laws, I will be happy to answer any sincere inquiries on this matter behind closed doors, but doing so on OWF will simply feed the, well, dark side of OWF, as any matter large or small inevitably does.

Our civility, much like our respect, is given to those we feel deserve it. Whether you care or not is irrelevant to the next point; House Baratheon had that civility and respect until Tywin decided to make a mockery of the Baratheon image. And until Tywin decided he wanted to try and bring war to our doorstep (unbeknownst to your own king), and till he wanted to tell my government how we should be operating and take his claim over our founding among his other shit - the list could go on and on, and he's was only reincarnated a month ago.

Our civility, much like our respect, is given to those we feel deserve it. Whether you care or not is irrelevant to the next point; House Baratheon had that civility and respect until Tywin decided to make a mockery of the Baratheon image. And until Tywin decided he wanted to try and bring war to our doorstep (unbeknownst to your own king), and till he wanted to tell my government how we should be operating and take his claim over our founding among his other !@#$ - the list could go on and on, and he's was only reincarnated a month ago.

That attitude is why your alliance is where it currently is.

I don't want to be a troll here, but you should in all seriousness consider your own advice. Your gripes with Tywin more or less boil down to "he was a troll." Insofar as I've reviewed that particular episode, it looks like he had a good case but went about it as hamhandedly as possible, to which you decided to one-up him by being as obnoxious and arrogant as possible, not just to Tywin but to our own King.

I can't imagine that House Baratheon is the only alliance which you've treated this shabbily, and so the shape of the war immediately makes sense. Maybe NPO was the real target, maybe not, I'm not qualified to say - but I'm sure the alliances currently destroying yours got more than their share of schadenfreude out of destroying yours first, because of the way your entire alliance chooses to act.

If you think having Tywin as Hand is a mistake, that may or may not be so, but I just have to ask: then why is your entire alliance Tywin?

That attitude is why your alliance is where it currently is.

I don't want to be a troll here, but you should in all seriousness consider your own advice. Your gripes with Tywin more or less boil down to "he was a troll." Insofar as I've reviewed that particular episode, it looks like he had a good case but went about it as hamhandedly as possible, to which you decided to one-up him by being as obnoxious and arrogant as possible, not just to Tywin but to our own King.

I can't imagine that House Baratheon is the only alliance which you've treated this shabbily, and so the shape of the war immediately makes sense. Maybe NPO was the real target, maybe not, I'm not qualified to say - but I'm sure the alliances currently destroying yours got more than their share of schadenfreude out of destroying yours first, because of the way your entire alliance chooses to act.

If you think having Tywin as Hand is a mistake, that may or may not be so, but I just have to ask: then why is your entire alliance Tywin?

That attitude of only giving respect to those who deserve it? Sure ain't gonna give it to someone who doesn't.

The couple messages between your King and I, his one response and my three sent (two before his response) were far from 'obnoxious and arrogant.' I was quite civil with him, not a single insult thrown in either direction at any one. I asked him if he was aware Tywin's actions in the first message and included some examples of my reasoning for asking in the second, he said no he wasn't aware of or condoned his "clandestine hobbies" and that he'd talk to Tywin to which I responded that the hobbies bit was an understatement and asked him if he was truly aware of the growing widespread disdain towards Baratheon due to (and pretty much limited to) Tywin Lannister. I missed his follow-up messages when he tried catching me on IRC. Tywin has, thus far, been the only Baratheon to receive any ire.

If you want to get down to the respect thing, respect for Baratheon is why Tywin didn't get the Smurf treatment. Edited by Rayvon

The couple messages between your King and I, his one response and my three sent (two before his response) were far from 'obnoxious and arrogant.'

Your messages to Tywin in back channels when he was representing our alliance were quite obnoxious and arrogant, however. I understand you two have some animus, but we expect of him to keep that out of his professional dealings with your alliance, and we similarly expect of you to keep that out of your professional dealings with ours. And if you do not, we will take that as directed as House Baratheon and not just Tywin.

Your messages to Tywin in back channels when he was representing our alliance were quite obnoxious and arrogant, however. I understand you two have some animus, but we expect of him to keep that out of his professional dealings with your alliance, and we similarly expect of you to keep that out of your professional dealings with ours. And if you do not, we will take that as directed as House Baratheon and not just Tywin.

As he returned to this world, his first acts - the first dealings between Baratheon and Sith Order since Roland - were to create issues with us and our allies (not even from within Baratheon while doing so though claiming his status as your "foreign affairs expert" and the shot-caller), to step up and tell my alliance how bad they've become and how he's a founder and has more pull than our allies, etc etc etc .... He came to us .. We didn't seek him out, we wouldn't have given him a second glance or notice if he didn't bring attention to himself. Edited by Rayvon

As he returned to this world, his first acts - the first dealings between Baratheon and Sith Order since Roland - were to create issues with us and our allies (not even from within Baratheon while doing so though claiming his status as your "foreign affairs expert" and the shot-caller), to step up and tell my alliance how bad they've become and how he's a founder and has more pull than our allies, etc etc etc .... He came to us .. We didn't seek him out, we wouldn't have given him a second glance or notice if he didn't bring attention to himself.

As I recall I was in Zulu when I helped negotiate the reps agreement that you then reneged on.

Indeed you were in Zulu. That's the whole point of the exchange your King and I had  :rolleyes:  . And in order to renege on a deal, it's gotta be agreed on first. Otherwise it's not a deal - we don't need to traverse that road again this moment, however.