GATO Announcement

Glad to see GATO doing the heavy lifting for their coalition like last time........ :v:

But I've finally got some wars :D

GATO o/

We are justing waiting for the inevitable dog pile of oA's coming in to hit us, since we all know its coming. Opportunists will be opportunists. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many are referring to last war when GATO peaced out everything under 100k and then let their allies burn.

He was talking about the person who referred to TOP.

Which absolutely idiotic. If you look at the numbers, TOP are one of the leaders of the coalition in terms of damage done. Everyone knows TOP is militarily competent, and that there is a strategical reason behind holding some people back. They simply ensured that they will remain effective for the later rounds. Which is beneficial given that we signed up to this for the long haul. 

It's one thing to use it for a valid tactical reason, with people coming out as necessary, and another to completely peace out for the entirety of the war, whilst making false promises to everyone, including your allies, and continuing to act tough. Hint: TOP isn't the latter.

Again?   I know I've seen GATO declare on Invicta fairly recently.  People should branch out and try declaring on new people.

A hearty applause to Umbrella and GOONS for stepping outside of the rut in this war.

Thank you GATO for not putting us in a difficult position early on in the war. It will be remembered.

all GATO does is look out for her  allies.

if you remember anything, remember this - who asked you to burn for them? it was never us.

I cannot be the only one nostalgic for the days when Herr Schattenmann brought something original, even occasionally insightful, to this place.

Why did you have to turn into a standard, derp-spouting propagandist, rather than the more entertaining provocateur you once were? Is it that these days you have no cause (however illusive) to believe in? These are grim times.

I cannot be the only one nostalgic for the days when Herr Schattenmann brought something original, even occasionally insightful, to this place.

Why did you have to turn into a standard, derp-spouting propagandist, rather than the more entertaining provocateur you once were? Is it that these days you have no cause (however illusive) to believe in? These are grim times.

Up with old Schatt! Down with New Schatt!

It is a tragedy that defies vocalization that you now fly the alliance flag of Polaris.

Jesus Wept.

I carried the torch longer than anyone, longer than half the founders, longer than the other two post-Vox AAs, and CoJ did it without one leg up or scarcely a kind word from any old friend or ally, who all killed themselves, receded to obscurity, or gleefully joined in the abuses of the various MK-centric tyrannies. 

What it boils down to, Margrave, is that you're welcome to critique me, but you don't have anything to say about where Schattenmann should be or what he should be doing there.  You, like most, just wanted a song-and-dance Schattenmann but I hated to break it to all of you that there's more to me than that, and that means staying true to the message without regard to labels.  New Pacific Order, New Polar Order, Valhalla, IRON, Grämlins, Basketball Ninjas, TOP, all just names, all going through phases and cycles while Justitia's Cult anchored itself to our ideals, so would you have us scoff at every AA?  They're just names, what they're doing and their reasons for doing so matter more.

Do you hold Kashmir to be different?  Is Kashmir pure of some stain Polaris carries?  If you're so worried about what I'm doing and who I'm doing it with, Kashmir had 3 months between its founding and CoJ's disbandment to come talk to me.  But there again you're like everyone else, who wants me to do this or that, but apparently wants nothing to do with me.  CoJ entered EQ with 2 allies, who I am very fond of but which in honest terms were inconsequential, and after EQ TPF and Polaris came to us in earnest. 

There is nothing about Polaris' current actions or ideology which clashes with my principles or ideology.  Here I am. 

And that's more answer than you yourself deserved from me, but we have an audience.

I have noted over the past year or so that people who stand out too far and speak the "wrong" things about the "wrong" people tend to have someone try to apply a hammer to their head, whether it is done publicly or by weasels snickering in back channels or in forums. Schatt and people like him pay a price for being vocal and because of that they have earned the right to speak when they want, about what they want, and be silent when they want.

Thank you GATO for not putting us in a difficult position early on in the war. It will be remembered.

Tough position? Your alliance has put all its top tier in peace mode and is hiding scared when you could easily take out NoR's in cooperation with Int. Your alliance literally told us(and others no doubt) that there was a zero chance that you would even consider defending GATO when you were trying to get an ODP with us. Most ironically, the reason you gave was because it is only an odp (there seems to be a disconnect there, not surprising considering the amount of low quality alliances you keep absorbing). So no GATO has not put you in a bad position because you would have and will not defend them because you want to be on what you predicted to be the winning side. You still trying to get into AZTEC, how'd that turn out for ya?

I have noted over the past year or so that people who stand out too far and speak the "wrong" things about the "wrong" people tend to have someone try to apply a hammer to their head, whether it is done publicly or by weasels snickering in back channels or in forums. Schatt and people like him pay a price for being vocal and because of that they have earned the right to speak when they want, about what they want, and be silent when they want.

I can't speak to back channels or snickering, since I do not frequent such spaces or activities. But I certainly wield no hammer here. I merely expressed sadness at Schatt, always an entertaining performer, falling below his own standards. He is utterly free to do so. He is also fully capable of defending himself and the opinion he expressed here, should he see a need to, and no-one will stop him. So I don't understand your reaction to my mild criticism - hammers and such. Perhaps you quoted me in error, and were commenting on something else?

I can't speak to back channels or snickering, since I do not frequent such spaces or activities. But I certainly wield no hammer here. I merely expressed sadness at Schatt, always an entertaining performer, falling below his own standards. He is utterly free to do so. He is also fully capable of defending himself and the opinion he expressed here, should he see a need to, and no-one will stop him. So I don't understand your reaction to my mild criticism - hammers and such. Perhaps you quoted me in error, and were commenting on something else?

It was a general commentary, I'll put it that way.