LoSS Treaty Web

Phoebus

A good idea would be the option to edit existing treaties (well, if this is already in there I can't find it) so then you can update the web if treaties are upgraded or withdrawn from.

@Up/downgrade: If there is already a treaty between 2 alliances it gives you the option to update the treaty

@withdraw: Currently must be done by someone with access to the database

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon further review, this really needs a way to put in temporary hypothetically ties and watch the balls bounce without messing with the real data.

Support as in support. All ideas are welcomed and will be considered.

Another fun thing would be to have a war declaration test page that animates to show how a war would spiral just based off of defense chains after each round of declaration.

Example: AI attacks Umbrella as first screen. They show up on the empty web as red, Umbrella as blue. Click next and see a hypothetical VE, GOONS, TOOTR, TOP, INT, and MHA join the blue team, click next and see all of AI's allies join the red team, and so forth. Would be a quick and cool way to represent how a war might go.

This is fantastic, but is there a color code somewhere for the treaty lines?

There is no color code yet. It'll eventually have the option to choose your own color, which will also display the current color.

nice mk npo madp, and I believe DR isn't a MADP.. nor Dos Equis.

Should probably moderate the input into it, just to avoid things like that which are clearly not the case (unless I missed something).

To be fair, when DR was signed it wasn't actually a military bloc iirc...at least, that was one of the lines touted by its members. It was for coordination purposes only, or some other weird thing.

I didn't know that the GPA had a Protectorate with NG... I am really out of the loop!

As we're neutral I guess it's them that kindly protect us. THANKS NG! :wub:

But seriously, that's a very nice tool, well done! :)

(There are also two other treaties that can't be disabled: one appears to be between CRAP and CSN and another between MHA and KN.)

Edited by jerdge

:psyduck: are you trying to cause color-blindness?  :( 

jk.  interesting site.  were you aware that on some settings, most notably when those of the mutual defense options are on, the site gives off slight bopping sounds?  like those a cursor gives off when it's held on one side too long?  i had to turn my speakers up to find out what it was :P   at, least, it does on my computer.  :frantic:   it is a lot easier to read than the 3-d images i've seen. 

:psyduck: are you trying to cause color-blindness?  :(

jk.  interesting site.  were you aware that on some settings, most notably when those of the mutual defense options are on, the site gives off slight bopping sounds?  like those a cursor gives off when it's held on one side too long?  i had to turn my speakers up to find out what it was :P   at, least, it does on my computer.  :frantic:   it is a lot easier to read than the 3-d images i've seen. 

Browser/OS?

Hmm... I think that before adding more treaties(ToAs, PIATs, NAPs, etc.) we need to be able to sort the alliances somehow.  Otherwise it would just be even more incoherent and confusing.

The filters solve this, no? But ToA, NAP and PIAT option will never be on this. They are far too insignificant. The purpose is to explore treaty chaining.

The filters solve this, no? But ToA, NAP and PIAT option will never be on this. They are far too insignificant. The purpose is to explore treaty chaining.

Yeah, you might be right.  But I'm thinking about a way to sort specific alliances, like you could select an alliance and it would show you only that alliance's treaties.

Yeah, you might be right.  But I'm thinking about a way to sort specific alliances, like you could select an alliance and it would show you only that alliance's treaties.

When you hover over an alliance, it's pretty obvious. It'll probably eventually show a list of their treaties on hover, too. Do you have something else in mind?

When you hover over an alliance, it's pretty obvious. It'll probably eventually show a list of their treaties on hover, too. Do you have something else in mind?

Huh, never noticed that it highlights the connections when you hover over the alliances.  Well thanks for telling me that, but we still need to sort it, perhaps there could be a setting that would arrange the alliances into something other than a constantly shifting blob?