Upper Tier Tracking Thread

OverlordShinnra

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmbo

Please tell us more about your great sacrifice, your 5 members in anarchy, and your 76% full nuclear stock pile. 

Let's go down through the list some:

#1:  Not full nukes.

#2:  Just achieved full nukes today.

#3:  Not full nukes.

#4:  At war.

#5:  Not full nukes.

#6:  Just reached full nukes.

#7:  Not full nukes.

#8:  Just reached full nukes today.

#9:  Just reached full nukes.

#10:  Not full nukes.

#11:  Not full nukes.

And that's how many tabs I opened up.

So yeah, give us more shit and continue to ignore that Argent has taken 30% NS damage (excluding infra rebuys).

Troll harder.

Then don't declare.

Yeah, that's the point.  They're getting max nukes so they don't run out after day 2 like Zoom wants. 

Meanwhile All of GATOs targets are pretty much in ruins up top.

Well, it's great that you have 66 (out of 75) guys in PM between 15K and 70K NS for you to bring out against EQ, isn't it? 

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

This war certainly has ebbs and flows doesn't it?

Totals for the Original Front

DR and co.
  120k+ - 9 (0) --> 9 (0)
  100k - 13 (5) --> 14 (6)
  80k -  82 (55) --> 78 (47)

DH and co.
  120k+ -  25 (15) --> 25 (14)
  100k -  9 (6) --> 8 (6)
  80k -  13 (11) --> 12 (7)

Commentary

If Friday's update was considered good for the competence coalition then this update certainly was the exact opposite. The original front was the best front for the competence coalition this time around and it still wasn't pretty. Ai continues to lose anyone that let into war mode that applies to this tracking. IRON experienced a decent drop for the first time since I've started this thread. But other then that we continue to remain in a stagnant place of the "Super Nations" being far too big to attack into the 80-100k range. We have 9 Doombird Doomcave members above 120k NS and out of all of them they are keeping 4 nations at war right now. This will either be a defining week for the war where we see a swath of these type nations willing to sell things to stay in the war or an impasse where we see the occasional up declare by Aeternos Astramora or come of peace mode by a high level nation but no actual movement at these levels and no actual inroads below that.

Totals for Front 1

Aztec and co.
  120k+ -  8 (0) --> 8 (1)
  100k -  8 (2) --> 7 (1)
  80k -  29 (15) --> 30 (18)

TOP and co.
  120k+ -  6 (5) --> 3 (2)
  100k -  1 (1) --> 3 (3)
  80k -  9 (5) --> 5 (1)

Commentary

Props to 2 new nations that have entered into war mode in deep space (120k+) for Equilibrium. One comes from front 1 while the other hails from front 2. It will be interesting to see how fast they get picked up and knocked down. For now though congratulations to Arianna of The Order of Righteous Nations and Chiles of The Apparatus. Welcome this ugly game of survivor you have both entered to. In other news TOP and co. have suffered from a general AA switching and hammer from the other side to lose 8 nations with 11 remaining on that front. Maybe they have entered into their own game of survivor?

Totals for Front 2 

SF/XX/Aftermath and co.
  120k+ -  12 (0) --> 12 (1)
  100k - 20 (3) --> 22 (6)
  80k -  84 (42) --> 84 (44)

CnG and Co.
  120k+ -  44 (30) --> 39 (26)
  100k+ -  19 (10) --> 24 (12)
  80k -  61 (17) --> 53 (17)

Commentary
On most fronts but especially on this front we see a general war moding, AA switching back to the homeland and buying up from a lot of Equilibrium nations which keeps their numbers high and impassable. While some might see buying back into a range where huge nations can hit you as a bad thing, it does make it does prolong the way for Competence to eat down into the lower upper tier. The longer that takes, the longer their nations who could buy up into that range will burn and possibly get knocked out of that possibility. So this can only be considered a bad omen for the Competence coalition if it continues. 

Totals for the Entire War

Equilibrium
  120k+ -  29 (0) --> 29 (2)
  100k -  41 (10) --> 43 (13)
  80k -  195 (112) --> 192 (109)

Competence
  120k+ -  75 (50) --> 67 (42)
  100k -  29 (17) --> 35 (21)
  80k -  83 (33) --> 70 (25)

Until next time.

Commentary

Props to 2 new nations that have entered into war mode in deep space (120k+) for Equilibrium. One comes from front 1 while the other hails from front 2. It will be interesting to see how fast they get picked up and knocked down. For now though congratulations to Arianna of The Order of Righteous Nations and Chiles of The Apparatus. 

I'm guessing not very long at all :) :gun:

Yeah, that's the point.  They're getting max nukes so they don't run out after day 2 like Zoom wants. 

Well, it's great that you have 66 (out of 75) guys in PM between 15K and 70K NS for you to bring out against EQ, isn't it?

Yes then the probability that stagger is blown increases. So by all means leave our defensive slots alone.

Yes it is a good thing for later on when our 8k+ tech guys drop down and can support those 66 with some ruinous nukes against small targets.

Yes then the probability that stagger is blown increases. So by all means leave our defensive slots alone.

Yes it is a good thing for later on when our 8k+ tech guys drop down and can support those 66 with some ruinous nukes against small targets.

Which is why I came out of PM without full nukes while we have as many people as possible buy up to 25 nukes.  Why is this such a hard concept to understand?

Thanks for the numbers, Shinra.

Argent did its share of fighting on our front, they just have the luxury to cycle and let others hit us, except in the very upper tier (or what's left of it) where there's just not many nations left period. Normal strategy, there's only so many slots to go around.

You hit me down but I just keep coming back...

DR and co.
  120k+ - 9 (0) --> 9 (0)
  100k - 14 (6) --> 12 (4)
  80k -  78 (47) --> 76 (45)

DH and co.
  120k+ -  25 (14) --> 25 (16)
  100k -  8 (6) --> 5 (3)
  80k -  12 (7) --> 14 (8)

Commentary 

It seems like each update we go back and forth between who is taking the bigger loss of nations in the upper tier. Today we go back to Equilibrium. The losses on this front weren't large and compared to other updates actually quite lackluster. I'd like to try to explain why. Certain AA's are just simply being fought harder against then others. For instance there has been a drop in the 100k tier on this front on almost a continuous basis leading you to believe that the loss in war mode nations are uniform. But when we look at each individual alliance involved it tells a different story. Currently there are 4 nations in war mode in the 100k tier. Each of these 4 nations have been in war mode and on the same AA without wars for the duration of my updates. Three of them reside in the CoJ AA and the other on FAN. The 80k tiers in those same alliances tell almost the same story. On the flip side when an AA like Ai releases a nation into war mode they are immediately beset upon and by the next update i find myself knocking that nation out of the 80k range. So it is interesting to see if this story will continue from here.

Totals for Front 1 

Aztec and co.
  120k+ -  8 (1) --> 7 (0)
  100k -  7 (1) --> 8 (1)
  80k -  30 (18) --> 30 (18)

TOP and co.
  120k+ -  3 (2) --> 4 (3)
  100k -  3 (3) --> 3 (3)
  80k -  5 (1) --> 7 (3)

Commentary

There wasn't really a drop from either side on this front (with the exception of the 120k+ nation of TORN getting dropped heavily) and TOP and co. actually experienced a gain in nations in the upper tiers. I suspect that this is a calm before the storm from looking at the war picture as a number of wars just started and hold the potential to drop a number of nations on both sides. I can only hope to give you such excitement.

Totals for Front 2 

SF/XX/Aftermath and co.
  120k+ -  12 (1) --> 11 (1)
  100k - 22 (6) --> 21 (4)
  80k -  84 (44) --> 74 (35)

CnG and Co.
  120k+ -  39 (26) --> 36 (24)
  100k+ -  24 (12) --> 23 (13)
  80k -  53 (17) --> 52 (15)

Commentary
Those nations above 120k never last long do they. Just last update we said hello to Arianna of TORN and Chiles of The Apparatus. Now we are waving goodbye to those two as they descend downward towards the 80k tier and beyond. We do say hi to another brave soul at the same time. Today's lucky winner is Big Richard of The Apparatus who is already beset with 3 wars. I suspect he will be dropping as well by the next update. In other news we saw a sizable drop from the SF/XX/Aftermath and co. side in all tiers. They simply cannot take that beating and hope to survive above that range. This remains the most fair fight above the 80k+ tier but still a complete swarm below it. While all fronts are interesting, this particular one has intrigued me because I feel like there is a legitimate chance that given time this front will look completely different. My famous line - Only time will tell. 

Equilibrium
  120k+ -  29 (2) --> 27 (1)
  100k -  43 (13) --> 41 (9)
  80k -  192 (109) --> 180 (98)

Competence
  120k+ -  67 (42) --> 65 (43)
  100k -  35 (21) --> 31 (19)
  80k -  70 (25) --> 73 (26)

No alliances coming in or getting cleared out today. Until next time :)

Have really enjoyed this thread. The to and fro is brilliant, very interesting.

Only suggestion I would have, and I realise you have commented on the arbitrary nature of the tiers, but I have always believed the tiers should be based on NS declaration ranges.

Just pick a bottom end; Pick at what level you want you to cover say 75k, the ranges would then be;

75k+

100k+

133k+

It would then show clear declaration levels. Alternatively, work downwards 140k+, 105k+, 80k+. Either way setting the categories in a particular declaration range might show a more relevant categorisation.

GK

This has been an interesting read. Seems like a good suggestion in the above post, too. Also, it'd be nice to see these stats drop to the 50-60k range, though I know that may get into more effort. This thread, admittedly titled "Upper Tier Tracking Thread", has been one of the more consistent, interesting, and objective to emerge in the stat discussion, and thus seeing the conversation here expand to include what may be considered the mid-tier would be appreciated. 

Edited by Farnsworth

Drink with me to days gone by friends...

DR and co.
  120k+ - 9 (0) --> 9 (0)
  100k -  12 (4) --> 13 (4)
  80k -   76 (45) --> 70 (40)

DH and co.
  120k+ -  25 (16) --> 23 (16)
  100k -   5 (3) --> 9 (5)
  80k -   14 (8) --> 12 (6)

Commentary

We saw a fair amount of nations (comparative to the amount of nations were tracking now.) either fall or enter by some other means into the 100k range of DH and co. At first look you look at the losses in the 120k tier and if you are Equilibrium give a fist pump or if you are Competence Coalition you shed a tear. But really this is a positive thing for the competence coalition given the 100-120k tier is a place they are lacking enough nations to hammer down into the 80k range. The more nations that are added into this tier (even by dropping) the more chances will increase that we will continue to see the Equilibrium 80k tier decrease in bigger and bigger numbers. The flip side (there is always one) is these nations are no longer considered "saved" and have a legitimate chance of being pulled down and in some cases this is re-bought infra which can be costly.

Totals for Front 1

Aztec and co.
  120k+ -  7 (0) --> 7 (0)
  100k -   8 (1) --> 6 (0)
  80k -   30 (18) --> 28 (16)

TOP and co.
  120k+ -  4 (3) --> 4 (3)
  100k -  3 (3) --> 3 (3)
  80k -   7 (3) --> 5 (1)

Commentary

We have a winner! Congrats to Front 1 for being the first front to actually have a day where the 100k tier is cleared. Do I think this is the last 100k+ nation we will see on this front or any front in war mode? Absolutely not. I maintain that nations will continue to come out peace slowly and buy back up into range to hit the higher tier nations. Now TOP and co. have a chance to just focus on the 80k tier. We will see if this translates into larger losses or results in any infra buybacks to try and get up into the tier. Without either of these I am afraid we are seeing the end game of this tier already and will be stuck at about 10+ 80k nations that can't be touched in war mode and ~ 5 "saved" nations on this front. 

Totals for Front 2

SF/XX/Aftermath and co.
  120k+ -  11 (1) --> 10 (0)
  100k -  21 (4) --> 19 (2)
  80k -   74 (35) --> 71 (36)

CnG and Co.
  120k+ -  36 (24) --> 36 (23)
  100k+ -  23 (13) --> 23 (14)
  80k -   52 (15) --> 51 (16)

Commentary

Oh boy. Just like that things go back to normal in the 120k+ range. As it stands Big Richard will be the last nation to have touched that range. We will see if that holds as there are very few nations who now have the potential to get into that range and probably very little willpower to get massacred like these nations have been. A few updates ago I commented how this front was the most fair of the three fronts that are a apart of this war. Let me say now that CnG and Co. are on the verge (I don't think they are a lock by any means) of making this their front. SF/XX/Aftermath cannot continue to sustain larger losses everyday and hope to hold this front at the 80k tier. They are only up by 20 nations as it is right now in that range and they are starting to get more and more out-numbered in the 100k range. If this same trend continues we might be looking at a completely different front if this war continues another two to four weeks. This remains the one front that is most intriguing on how it will look at the end of the war.

Total for the Entire War

Equilibrium
  120k+ -  27 (1) --> 26 (0)
  100k -   41 (9) --> 38 (6)
  80k -   180 (98) --> 169 (92)

Competence
  120k+ - 65 (43) --> 63 (42)
  100k -  31 (19) --> 35 (22)
  80k -   73 (26) --> 68 (23)

Edited by OverlordShinnra

This has been an interesting read. Seems like a good suggestion in the above post, too. Also, it'd be nice to see these stats drop to the 50-60k range, though I know that may get into more effort. This thread, admittedly titled "Upper Tier Tracking Thread", has been one of the more consistent, interesting, and objective to emerge in the stat discussion, and thus seeing the conversation here expand to include what may be considered the mid-tier would be appreciated. 

It might be more ideal to due the tiers by NS declaring ranges but not only would that require more work it wouldn't really capture anything super different imo other then the numbers in each tier would look different. Furthermore, I think its pretty obvious that the Competence Coalition is clearing tiers by 10k NS ranges and that's kind of what I'd like to go by as it captures what they are trying to do so even my 20k NS ranges are a little wide. That being said it would get a bit unreadable if I had so many tiers. 

As far as capturing lower tiers though it would require a lot more work (as Equilibrium has a lot of nations there) I would do it if that range were starting to be contested. As it is right now its in question whether even the whole of the 80k+ range is being contested atm. If the answer to that question comes back as a yes the 80k tier range is starting to come under control by Competence I will then start tracking lower NS ranges on certain fronts.

Sometimes, when I really think about it.... No one wins....

DR and co.
  120k+ - 9 (0) --> 9 (0)
  100k -  13 (4) --> 10 (1)
  80k -   70 (40) --> 73 (42)

DH and co.
  120k+ -  23 (16) --> 24 (19)
  100k -   9 (5) --> 8 (4)
  80k -    12 (6) --> 12 (7)

Commentary
If I had to pick a winner today, I would give the slight edge to Equilibrium. Some of that has to do with buybacks from a nation here and a nation there. This is what will keep them afloat at the top probably. These individual nations from different alliances who continue to buy back up into range to get smacked down again but maybe taking a nation or two with them in the process. As long as that occurs its going to be very very difficult to make inroads into these 80k tier numbers as is witnessed by the non-existent drop in those numbers today. In other news some people must read my column from time to time as all 3 CoJ 100k+ nations got attacked and all 3 nations have dropped below for the time being. Soon we are going to be talking about the last nations in the 100k tier soon which is crazy to think about as we were just talking about Big Richard as the last 120k nation in war mode very little time ago. 

Totals for Front 1

Aztec and co.
  120k+ -  7 (0) --> 7 (0)
  100k -   6 (0) --> 6 (0)
  80k -    28 (16) --> 23 (11)

TOP and co.
  120k+ -  4 (3) --> 3 (2)
  100k -   3 (3) --> 2 (2)
  80k -    5 (1) --> 7 (3)

Commentary

Wowzers! is all I have to say about this front. Aztec and co. are just bleeding nations out like its going out of style to have any nations in war mode above 80k. I don't think this will continue but who'd have thunk 2 weeks ago that this front would drain so quickly. I think someone said it right when they said that there might be no big nations left on this front by the end of this war. Yikes.

Totals for Front 2

SF/XX/Aftermath and co.
  120k+ -  10 (0) --> 10 (0)
  100k -  19 (2) --> 19 (3)
  80k -   71 (36) --> 70 (35)

CnG and Co.
  120k+ -  36 (23) --> 34 (22)
  100k+ -  23 (14) --> 26 (15)
  80k -    51 (16) --> 44 (14)

Commentary

Some alliances take their time when they go to war only putting a few nations out at a time and going about it really really slow. And then there is the Apparatus. The Apparatus was the last alliance to enter this war and my did they go fast. You can see them as a new alliance on my second update with 7 nations above 80k and 2 of those nations above 120k. Most of those nations started out in peace mode as well. Today they are down to not only their last war mode nation but their last nation total above that threshold. Good luck Oloros, the odds are stacked against you. In probably more important news NG took huge losses on both the NG and their satellite AA's that I track which shows in the stats as a 7 nation drop for the whole front. They can't take those kind of losses while SF/XX/Aftermath doesn't. This front is back into a gridlock place where I don't know which way it might go. Sooooo.... I will just leave it at that. 

Equilibrium
  120k+ -  26 (0) --> 26 (0)
  100k -   38 (6) --> 35 (4)
  80k -   169 (92) --> 166 (88)

Competence
  120k+ - 63 (42) --> 61 (43)
  100k -  35 (22) --> 36 (21)
  80k -   68 (23) --> 63 (24)

GG to the Pirates of the Parrot Order who has been cleared out of all nations above 80k. Its been some time since we've seen a nation added or deleted. 

Four of the top five on the TOP AA in war mode have bought back significant amounts of infra, including all three of theirs above 100K NS.  I'm not sure if Bauhaus has.  Meanwhile, we buy back just enough to hit them and drag them back down. 

10 nations have tried to drag me down. They haven't succeeded yet. It will be expensive for them to try again.