Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ComeAndSee' timestamp='1358568245' post='3079517']
So what can you realistically do to an alliance who's average war chest is over 5 billion?

Wait until you knock down those Umbrella nations with 10k+ tech to the 60k range.
[/quote]

It's almost like there aren't other alliances waiting and just salivating for that to happen.

Edited by Mr Vicarious

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1358622705' post='3080115']

This is the result of over 3 years' worth of these DH alliances saying "this is our policy" as a justification to do anything, and the world aquiescing. First, many of the AAs which will soon be demolishing the Doom House toed the "policy" party line as unquestioning allies, later they did it at the end of a gun rather than deal with it. Umbrella, GOONS, etc honestly believe that their charters, laws, and policies dictate how non-member nations and other alliances act or react or interact with them, because for 3 years the world has let them get away with it.

"That time is over for Umbrella" and for the rest of them, too.

Sovereignty extends only as far as their borders, policy only extends to the furthest extent of either their military power or our aquiescence. Like the special snowflake getting his first C at college, Umbrella and their allies are--I believe--honestly shocked; reality is clashing with the 3-year dreamland they've been raised in. It is their honest political belief that they can write any policy they want and the rest of the world must abide by it. The dream is over.
[/quote]
AI and friends still have to effectively side line Umb and have enough gas left in their tank before they can get on with killing that dream.
I think its a tad premature to claim change.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358622627' post='3080113']
Oh its the same govt member, looks experienced in slot filling.
[/quote]
A Kronos rogue hit Ragnarok at one point and the same thing happened, i'm not 100% but i think White Majik was one of the members who filled his slots too

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1358617415' post='3080020']
Lets for a moment, use your logic.

If this was the case, why utilize some internal policy retardation about attacking members who leave the AA in a manner that was sure to get a rise out of people who are assumed to be hostile to you? If you want to avoid conflict, that is a pretty piss poor way of avoiding it.
[/quote]

It's nobody's fault but your own that you wouldn't coordinate with Umbrella on the rogue. You chose to get huffy about it and now you're going to regret it.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1358623313' post='3080116']

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me.
[/quote]

That prophecy was written by both sides long before this incident.
Mad respect to Umb for kicking this one off.
Props to AI for rising to the challenge, I salute you both.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358618722' post='3080035']
Normal protocol is you dont fill a rogue's slot, within seconds.
[/quote]

We can't all be like IRON and take a week to respond to something. Umbrella reacting so quickly to AI's benefit should be applauded by you guys.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1358622705' post='3080115']
This is the result of over 3 years' worth of these DH alliances saying "this is our policy" as a justification to do anything, and the world aquiescing. First, many of the AAs which will soon be demolishing the Doom House toed the "policy" party line as unquestioning allies, later they did it at the end of a gun rather than deal with it. Umbrella, GOONS, etc honestly believe that their charters, laws, and policies dictate how non-member nations and other alliances act or react or interact with them, because for 3 years the world has let them get away with it.

"That time is over for Umbrella" and for the rest of them, too.

Sovereignty extends only as far as their borders, policy only extends to the furthest extent of either their military power or our aquiescence. Like the special snowflake getting his first C at college, Umbrella and their allies are--I believe--honestly shocked; reality is clashing with the 3-year dreamland they've been raised in. It is their honest political belief that they can write any policy they want and the rest of the world must abide by it. The dream is over.
[/quote]

I have to agree with MM on this one. Bit premature to state the dream is over. That the dream will turn into a nightmare, well we can hope that. After this war, DH will not be finished. Umb is to well built for that as are MK, TOP, TOOTR, and the rest. I foresee at least one more war if not a couple before DH/co are fully laid to rest. It took what, 2-3 wars to sideline SF and they were never as well built as DH.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358620655' post='3080073']
People accepted it because the other option was getting rolled and paying insane reps. Policies like these can only be implmented due to political and millitary power. See, GOONS understood this concept, they changed the charter to adopt to new realities.
[/quote]

We changed our charter to address the liberal use of the EoG list by mid and low gov members.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1358623753' post='3080125']
We can't all be like IRON and take a week to respond to something. Umbrella reacting so quickly to AI's benefit should be applauded by you guys.
[/quote]

Umbrella are the best, so fast that "accidentally" broke the stagger:

[img]http://www.tickld.com/images/gif/0d79b6aa91f16f8696628097342d27d3.gif[/img][img]http://cdn.chud.com/a/a5/a514bf4b_clapping.gif[/img][img]http://dinosaurdracula.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/gif.gif[/img]

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1358623626' post='3080123']
It's nobody's fault but your own that you wouldn't coordinate with Umbrella on the rogue. You chose to get huffy about it and now you're going to regret it.
[/quote]

Actually the onus always laid with Umb to talk and coordinate with Ai, not the other way around. When puppets left and supposedly became a rogue, any hold Umb had left with him. Umb chose to get all huffy about it and will now regret that decision. They will lose much more than they will gain in this war.

[quote name='MadScotII' timestamp='1358621179' post='3080087']
If they did what Umbrella did without speaking to you first then refused to apologise about it when they found out it annoyed you then yeah, you were well within your right to do so.
[/quote]

Why should they apologize to you about anything? Get bent.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1358623973' post='3080128']

We changed our charter to address the liberal use of the EoG list by mid and low gov members.
[/quote]
Doesnt the EoG also lay a sovereign right by the GOONS to the nation on the EoG list?
I ask because I am curious and truly don't know.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1358621893' post='3080099']
Typically, slot-filling would be considered taking up war slots and then lobbing a couple of CM's every few days in the direction of a nation. In this case, Umb went balls-out against Mo9P. It's not like they were trying to prevent him from being damaged - it sounds to me like [b]you're simply accusing them of messing up a stagger[/b]. In this situation, half your nations that hit Umb should be hit by your own forces for the same reason.
[/quote]

An excellent point.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1358624056' post='3080131']
Actually the onus always laid with Umb to talk and coordinate with Ai, not the other way around. When puppets left and supposedly became a rogue, any hold Umb had left with him. Umb chose to get all huffy about it and will now regret that decision. They will lose much more than they will gain in this war.
[/quote]

Umbrella had already been doing as much damage as possible to Mo9P in their attacks. Sounds to me that AI is only upset because the stagger wasn't executed.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1358623819' post='3080126']
I have to agree with MM on this one. Bit premature to state the dream is over. That the dream will turn into a nightmare, well we can hope that. After this war, DH will not be finished. Umb is to well built for that as are MK, TOP, TOOTR, and the rest. I foresee at least one more war if not a couple before DH/co are fully laid to rest. It took what, 2-3 wars to sideline SF and they were never as well built as DH.
[/quote]
While I do appreciate the backhanded compliment, it didn't take three wars to sideline SF. It took one. The other wars had other reasons, SF was far from the main target.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1358624094' post='3080132']
Why should they apologize to you about anything?
[/quote]

They didn't need to. But if they didn't want to cause an "international" incident they should of. Although I guess we could just accept it happened, be happy about war and let you and your little hideaway hard men moan about it.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1358624427' post='3080136']
Umbrella had already been doing as much damage as possible to Mo9P in their attacks. Sounds to me that AI is only upset because the stagger wasn't executed.
[/quote]

That is not what I am getting. You can read the OP and see why Ai is upset. It is not that hard really. The last time Umb/co messed up a stagger, Puppets was allowed to slip into PM and rebuild 25 nukes to use against Ai. That to me seems more like intentionally aiding the enemy of Ai not simply messing up a stagger.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1358624427' post='3080136']
[/quote]
When it comes to dealing with nuke rogues with WC's and experience, executing the stagger is the most damaging attack, everyone knows this.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1358624472' post='3080137']
While I do appreciate the backhanded compliment, it didn't take three wars to sideline SF. It took one. The other wars had other reasons, SF was far from the main target.
[/quote]

Meh, to be honest, I really did not pay attention to those wars. :P Had fun fighting in them but other than that I was more inactive and did not pay full attention to the reasons except for the alliance I was a member of.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1358620953' post='3080082']

So it was a terrible stagger, and Umb screwed up. I really fail to see your point. Can't blame Umb for being bloodthirsty and tripping over their own two feet to smack their rogue - I mean, clearly, your side is able to taste that bloodlust right now.
[/quote]
If there is one thing I have understood my whole time on Bob, umbrella doesn't screw up slots of any kind. They are the tax collector's tax collector. Guess what? It's time to tax that @$$!

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1358624374' post='3080134']
Doesnt the EoG also lay a sovereign right by the GOONS to the nation on the EoG list?
I ask because I am curious and truly don't know.
[/quote]

The EoG list is a mandate to thoroughly thrash any individuals who make the list. We will pursue them to the ends of the earth until they carry out terms given to them or secure their release through other means. We have and always will cooperate with third parties interested in lending us a helping hand against EoGs whether through military cooperation or diplomatic cooperation, provided this cooperation is not detrimental to ourselves and our goals.

Our EoG list is not relevant so if you have anymore questions please PM me.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1358620774' post='3080077']
Seems to me like Umb tried to fulfill their BIBO pact, did so poorly, and Mo9P is taking advantage of the situation by lying through his teeth. Rogues do like to create discord, after all.

[/quote]

Puppets has said Umbrellas plan was to enable him to avoid an Ai stagger get to peace mode and rebuy nukes. He has done it twice in a month. Most Umbrella posters have congratulated Ai for finally growing a pair after their months of attempts at pulling Ai into a war. BIBO had nothing to do with it, the plan always was to help puppets keep nuking Ai so we would react with a DoW.

Ai repeatedly asked Umbrella & co not to enable him to avoid a stagger before he came out a second time. Within minutes they filled all his defensive slots in a coordinated Umbrella operation against Ai.

Edited by Alterego