History Repeats

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/ttkmcxa.jpg/][img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4260/ttkmcxa.jpg[/img][/url]

The Templar Knights and Multicolored Cross-X Alliance are proud to announce the following Mutual Defense Optional Aggression Pact in recognition of our extremely close bonds, and in the pursuit of a greater friendship.

[size="6"][u]Holy Knights of the Cross-X Pact[/u]
[/size]
Preamble
In recognition of the bonds of friendship, mutual assistance and respect, the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance (MCXA) and the Templar Knights (TTK) hereby commit to further their ties and do formalize this Mutual Defense Optional Aggression Pact.

Article I: Sovereignty
This Treaty shall not infringe upon the sovereignty of either "The Templar Knights" nor "Multicolored Cross-X Alliance" (hence forth referred to as TTK and (MCXA) respectively) and shall serve only to embody the mutual respect, trust, and friendship between these alliances. Hence, the member-states and governing bodies of the respective entities shall be subject only to the laws and restrictions of their own alliances, in addition to the following Provisions of this treaty.

Article II: Non-aggression and friendship
The undersigned agree to abstain from aggressive military action and all forms of espionage against each other, and will maintain courteous relations in all public and private venues. All differences between the undersigned will be dealt with in private.

Article III:: Defensive War
Recognizing the respect between the ("Multicolored Cross-X Alliance") and TTK, this Provision hereby dictates that under any circumstances if either of the undersigned finds itself attacked by a foreign power, the opposite signatory to this agreement is required to come in full force by the side of their ally, without exception. The attacked signatory of this agreement maintains the right to waive assistance. Should the party required by this treaty to defend their ally not respond within 24-hours the abandoned ally may cancel this agreement immediately.

Provision IV: Aggressive War
Should Either alliance find itself preparing for war 48 hours of notice shall be given to the other signatory for any request of assistance be it militarily or financial. Either signatory has the right to decline said request but is highly encouraged to accept the request if the reasoning and justification in the cassus belli is deemed as legitimate reason for war. Legitimacy is determined by the two signatories and no one else.

Provision V: Termination
If either signatory finds that this agreement is no longer in their best interest, they may cancel the agreement with seventy-two (72) hours written notice, or immediately by mutual consent.
Any violation of Articles I, II, III, or VI of this agreement shall give the non-violating signatory cause to cancel this agreement immediately.

Provision VI: Amendment and Ratification
Should the signatories at any time come to the consensus that it is in their best interests to modify any Provisions of this accord, this may be done with a simple agreement between the undersigned. Henceforth this treaty is ratified by both ("Multicolored Cross-X Alliance"), and TTK entered into law unto perpetuity, as evidenced by the signatures below;

[u]For The Templar Knights,[/u]
Hawkeye, Grandmaster
salsabeast1, Marshal of Foreign Affairs
Teredona, Marshal of Aid
lolatyou, Marshal of Finance
Piejonk, Elder Councilor
[u]For The Multicolored Cross-X Alliance,[/u]
AndrewHG - Chancellor
Jrkee - MoFA
Gibsonian12 - MoD
Rmbrauer3270 - Mofinance
MrHavok - MoInterior
MCP13 - Members at Large
Dnice - Members at Large

[center][url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/ttkmcxa.jpg/][img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4260/ttkmcxa.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

The Templar Knights and Multicolored Cross-X Alliance are embarrassed and barely audibly announce the following Mutual Peace Mode and Optional Everything Pact in recognition of our extremely close bonds, and in the pursuit of a greater friendship.

[size="6"][u]The Dove Pact[/u]
[/size]
Preamble
In recognition of the bonds of friendship, mutual assistance and respect, the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance (MCXA) and the Templar Knights (TTK) hereby commit to further their ties and do formalize this Mutual Peace Mode and Optional Everything Pact.

Article I: Each signatory agrees that it's honorable to "defend" your ally while having 80% of your alliance in peace mode.

Article II: Having less than 80% in peace mode is just plain scary and should never ever [i]ever [/i]happen during wartime.

Article III: Each alliance must run one inactive senator that stays in war mode during wartime, gets his nation demolished, and wastes no less than 50 votes from equally inactive nations who want that annoying voting message to go away.

Article IV: Should any party wish to cancel this agreement they must convince at least one alliance that leadership in their alliance actually exists.

[u]For The Templar Knights,[/u]
Hawkeye, Grandmaster
salsabeast1, Marshal of Foreign Affairs
Teredona, Marshal of Aid
lolatyou, Marshal of Finance
Piejonk, Elder Councilor
[u]For The Multicolored Cross-X Alliance,[/u]
AndrewHG - Chancellor
Jrkee - MoFA
Gibsonian12 - MoD
Rmbrauer3270 - Mofinance
MrHavok - MoInterior
MCP13 - Members at Large
Dnice - Members at Large

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1345470159' post='3023731']
Not another peacemode dig.

I thought we had enough of those during the "war".
[/quote]

to come up with something different means they have to think. might be hard for some :P