Peace Time

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1345347066' post='3023365']
Come on guys. Even I have to admit that ODN has not done anything in a very long time to warrant being accused of cowardice. Let's all move on.

-Bama
[/quote]

Yeah, seriously...

-Bama

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1345347066' post='3023365']
Come on guys. Even I have to admit that ODN has not done anything in a very long time to warrant being accused of cowardice. Let's all move on.

-Bama
[/quote]
But But Your Orange....

How did this get on Cowardice? Damn, I know, we used an effective tactic and they accused us being cowards to try and get us to stop using it. We came out in stages as part of a plan and did fight effectively, the powers that be are just upset over this and are just expressing it. Me and Canik tangled for a bit, we all had fun but some were frustrated. I am sorry about that but this fixation is quite unwarranted, to insist on a duel and then to have issues getting nations to commit is an issue as well.

I am not complaining, I do not say anyone is a coward, I simply point out that some people are having issues letting go.

[quote name='lordoftheland' timestamp='1345349351' post='3023381']
How did this get on Cowardice? Damn, I know, we used an effective tactic and they accused us being cowards to try and get us to stop using it.
[/quote]

Unless I'm mistaken (which is possible given I haven't been watching this thread like a hawk) the accusations weren't lobbed at you but at ODN. Blame D34th.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1345335129' post='3023312']
"ODN is made up of cowards."
[i]What cowardly act has ODN done?[/i]
"They haven't changed!"

You're an idiot. That explains nothing and proves even less.
[/quote]

ODN used to be cowards
They haven't changed
They are still cowards.

Also, based in someones post, when you resort to name calling it's because you already lose the argument. KKTHXBB

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1345328923' post='3023269']
Okay, what "cowardly act" did ODN do this last war?
[/quote]

They didn't fight against their allies in MK. That makes them cowards, apparently.

[quote name='keeology' timestamp='1345329427' post='3023275']
i called them slow. someone says well lets do a duel for 1 round. from what i can understand. now remember i use logic. is they should all start at the same time. not almost a week apart. but it look to us that ODN was being a little chicken when[b] they just hit almost everyone in the top and not even any in the lower.[/b] but they eventually come out to play. so seeing that ODN is just a little slow. but anyone can see how that can be seen as a little chicken.
[/quote]

How does that display cowardice?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1345329810' post='3023278']
I don't need to be original when alliances don't change their behavior.
[/quote]

Good thing, too, because you couldn't be original if you tried.

[quote name='lordoftheland' timestamp='1345349351' post='3023381']
But But Your Orange....

How did this get on Cowardice? Damn, I know, we[b] used an effective tactic and they accused us being cowards to try and get us to stop using it.[/b] We came out in stages as part of a plan and did fight effectively, the powers that be are just upset over this and are just expressing it. Me and Canik tangled for a bit, we all had fun but some were frustrated. I am sorry about that but this fixation is quite unwarranted, to insist on a duel and then to have issues getting nations to commit is an issue as well.

I am not complaining, I do not say anyone is a coward, I simply point out that some people are having issues letting go.
[/quote]

So wait, let me get this straight: When ODN refuses to hit you where you have the majority of your nations, it's cowardice. When MCXA does it, it's an effective tactic? Right? If ODN nations all rolled for the duels on the first day it would have been more cowardly than to hit the way they did; at least this way, the MCXA nations targeted had a chance to fight ODN nations one at a time for a bit.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1345363757' post='3023426']
ODN used to be cowards
They haven't changed
They are still cowards.

Also, based in someones post, when you resort to name calling it's because you already lose the argument. KKTHXBB
[/quote]

You call them cowards and then call SirWilliam out for name calling? The hypocrisy is delicious. Come on man, you're better than this. You're a legitimately respectable poster, act like it.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1345367062' post='3023436']

You're a legitimately respectable poster, act like it.
[/quote]

You were going strong until you got to this bit. D34th doesn't need evidence or facts or consistency to post anything. Just a bloody minded opinion, yanked deep from his bowels.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1345367913' post='3023438']
You were going strong until you got to this bit. D34th doesn't need evidence or facts or consistency to post anything. Just a bloody minded opinion, yanked deep from his bowels.
[/quote]

Carrot and the stick, comrade. I've gotta keep with my kind public appearance whilst still being an !@#$%^&. I am an owl, after all. Hoot.

How does that display cowardice?
[/quote]

I suppose it doesn't really.
But wasn't ODN pissed that MCXA did the opposite and made them out to be cowards.

[quote][b]Duel:[/b]A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.[/quote]

Although this isn't all that clear, I doubt it means "come to this location with a gun so we can settle this, I'm going to wait for you to enter the center point of town and then snipe you."

And I don't believe that is honorable either.

Edited by Commander shepard

So wait, let me get this straight: When ODN refuses to hit you where you have the majority of your nations, it's cowardice. When MCXA does it, it's an effective tactic? Right? If ODN nations all rolled for the duels on the first day it would have been more cowardly than to hit the way they did; at least this way, the MCXA nations targeted had a chance to fight ODN nations one at a time for a bit.
[/quote]

ODN refused? Thats new to me, more like they couldnt. Also, A duel can be one on one, but hey if you attack in groups we can declare back. Well, unless you are in Anarchy, like after the first day. And of course there is that whole thing of introductions of combatants....

You did well though.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1345385735' post='3023469']
You used to be a terrible poster
You haven't changed
You are still a terrible poster.
[/quote]So now we are calling people bad advertising mediums...I like where this is going. Allow me to share a terrible poster...
[img]http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/adb/ll_adb.nsf/vwFiles/POSTER%204%20-%20Stop%20-%20large%202.jpg/$file/POSTER%204%20-%20Stop%20-%20large%202.jpg[/img]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1345363757' post='3023426']
ODN used to be cowards
They haven't changed
They are still cowards.

[/quote]

So you refuse or are unable to provide anything specific pertaining to how they haven't changed and how they remain cowards (instead latching on to tired rhetoric), and you say I've lost the argument? :lol1:

And no, that wasn't name calling, that was calling a spade a spade. KKTHXBB

You call them cowards and then call SirWilliam out for name calling? The hypocrisy is delicious. Come on man, you're better than this. You're a legitimately respectable poster, act like it.
[/quote]

Let me explain the difference to you, I was talking about the alliance not doing personal attacks, not that I care about goonies calling me names, it's their nature. I'll start to worry if they act politely.

Regarding me calling ODN cowards, of course you and those who are allied with them will not accept the truth in my statement but soon or later you'll realize this, sadly(for you) it will happen only when you most need them. ODN culture is based around just one idea. the idea of survive, and only survive, their don't have ambition and they will do anything and sell out their allies at any price if they have the chance to escape from a losing war, people after this post will claim that they changed and I'm talking about the past, there are also fools who think that I criticize ODN because they are in the other side or because they are allied with MK, but that's not the reason, people say this things only because after ODN joined CnG they just fought easy curbstomps where the victory was granted even before the war starts so they didn't had to change sides again, but the only time they had to honor a treaty with someone in the losing side they didn't, of course CnG mentality didn't help them with the decision and it isn't a exclusive problem of ODN(See The Int behavior last war).

Hard times are coming and may be next war wont be so easy to win, if I was allied with ODN I'd be at least watching them closely. I used to give the same warning to Sparta and like you they didn't believe in me, go ask Sparta now about how nice is being allied with ODN. Note that I'm giving you the advice but I don't expect nor I want you to follow it, on the contrary, when the time comes I'll be watching, enjoying and laughing. Not gives me more joy in this game than saying "I told you so."

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1345391396' post='3023484']
Let me explain the difference to you, I was talking about the alliance not doing personal attacks, not that I care about goonies calling me names, it's their nature. I'll start to worry if they act politely.
[/quote]

Overreact much? It was about as much of a personal attack as calling ODN members cowards was.

I really hope you didn't lose any sleep last night as a result of that cruel, cruel personal attack. :rolleyes:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1345392712' post='3023485']
Overreact much? It was about as much of a personal attack as calling ODN members cowards was.

I really hope you didn't lose any sleep last night as a result of that cruel, cruel personal attack. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I didn't, don't worry. ;)

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1345391396' post='3023484']

Regarding me calling ODN cowards, of course you and those who are allied with them will not accept the truth in my statement but soon or later you'll realize this, sadly(for you) it will happen only when you most need them. ODN culture is based around just one idea. the idea of survive, and only survive, their don't have ambition and they will do anything and sell out their allies at any price if they have the chance to escape from a losing war, people after this post will claim that they changed and I'm talking about the past, there are also fools who think that I criticize ODN because they are in the other side or because they are allied with MK, but that's not the reason, people say this things only because after ODN joined CnG they just fought easy curbstomps where the victory was granted even before the war starts so they didn't had to change sides again, but the only time they had to honor a treaty with someone in the losing side they didn't, of course CnG mentality didn't help them with the decision and it isn't a exclusive problem of ODN(See The Int behavior last war).

Hard times are coming and may be next war wont be so easy to win, if I was allied with ODN I'd be at least watching them closely. I used to give the same warning to Sparta and like you they didn't believe in me, go ask Sparta now about how nice is being allied with ODN. Note that I'm giving you the advice but I don't expect nor I want you to follow it, on the contrary, when the time comes I'll be watching, enjoying and laughing. Not gives me more joy in this game than saying "I told you so."
[/quote]

tl;dr

Look, when ODN refuses to back my alliance up in a war, I'll let you know you've won this argument. Until that happens, I will stand by my friends and allies in the Network as they have stood beside me. The goal of ODN and the goal of BFF are the same goal, and to call ODN out for their will to survive is rather foolish. Times change, and I know that ODN would ride to hell and back for my alliance much the same way we would for them. You don't have to agree with their policies, you don't have to agree with their placement in the treaty web, and you certainly don't have to agree with their posters (I lol'd btw, wes). Hell, you'd be a fool to walk away from this argument today agreeing with me [i]because[/i] our politics differ so greatly. But the one thing you cannot rightfully say, the one thing I will not accept from you, is the accusation that my allies in ODN are cowards. I may not agree with everything STA does, but I would never [b]dare [/b]call them cowards because I know it simply is not true.

It is extremely frustrating when a war isn't fought on an even footing, MCXA. I get that. I do not believe the staggered duels to be intentional, and even if they were, they are a thing of the past. Let's move forward, get to our rebuilding, and wait in the wings for the next !@#$%^&* CB to come rumbling across our planet so we can dance this dance once more. And when it does, we'll see who the real cowards are. We'll see which alliance is worth the pixels that make up their name. Until then, enough of the mudslinging and posturing.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1345408968' post='3023534']
tl;dr

It is extremely frustrating when a war isn't fought on an even footing, MCXA. I get that. I do not believe the staggered duels to be intentional, and even if they were, they are a thing of the past. Let's move forward, get to our rebuilding, and wait in the wings for the next !@#$%^&* CB to come rumbling across our planet so we can dance this dance once more. And when it does, we'll see who the real cowards are. We'll see which alliance is worth the pixels that make up their name. Until then, enough of the mudslinging and posturing.
[/quote]

that i can agree with chaxs. i did not think it was intentional or i would of gone to ODN and complained to them about it. but at the same time it gave the perfect opportunity to take jabs at them. i'm a smart ass and proud of it. so when the gate is open. i'll prepair for MCXA vs BFF version i think 3.0 or 4.0 in the next 3-6 months or whenever the next !@#$ fit happens. this time it'll be easier to coordinate since yall one big alliance so i can search just one alliance for targets :smug:

[quote name='keeology' timestamp='1345415163' post='3023552']
that i can agree with chaxs. i did not think it was intentional or i would of gone to ODN and complained to them about it. but at the same time it gave the perfect opportunity to take jabs at them. i'm a smart ass and proud of it. so when the gate is open. i'll prepair for MCXA vs BFF version i think 3.0 or 4.0 in the next 3-6 months or whenever the next !@#$ fit happens. this time it'll be easier to coordinate since yall one big alliance so i can search just one alliance for targets :smug:
[/quote]

I thought you said you weren't being abrasive. What do you think a smartass taking jabs for the sake of taking jabs is? :P

Anyway, yeah, we will be easier to target. Other than saving you a few seconds, how much strategic advantage does that really add though?

Us, on the other hand, will have a much easier time coordinating all our military efforts. As Director of Defense for BFF (and FEAR previously), I assure you our efficiency will increase dramatically. :)

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1345416988' post='3023558']
I thought you said you weren't being abrasive. What do you think a smartass taking jabs for the sake of taking jabs is? :P

Anyway, yeah, we will be easier to target. Other than saving you a few seconds, how much strategic advantage does that really add though?

Us, on the other hand, will have a much easier time coordinating all our military efforts. As Director of Defense for BFF (and FEAR previously), I assure you our efficiency will increase dramatically. :)
[/quote]

being a smart ass :P oh not much advantage. easier to figure how much damage we dealing out. makes math alot easier :P but i'll be watching and seeing how more efficient you guys are :)

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1345265400' post='3023025']
[b]Optional.[/b]

But thanks for being honest.
[/quote]

Not sure if you can or should complain considering you had Umbrella on your side declare war on basically every alliance opposite them whether Umb had a treaty or not. Not that I really cared one way or the other, but just saying. Anyways, hope this duel is going well and everyone is having fun.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1345408968' post='3023534']
tl;dr

Look, when ODN refuses to back my alliance up in a war, I'll let you know you've won this argument. Until that happens, I will stand by my friends and allies in the Network as they have stood beside me. The goal of ODN and the goal of BFF are the same goal, and to call ODN out for their will to survive is rather foolish. Times change, and I know that ODN would ride to hell and back for my alliance much the same way we would for them. You don't have to agree with their policies, you don't have to agree with their placement in the treaty web, and you certainly don't have to agree with their posters (I lol'd btw, wes). Hell, you'd be a fool to walk away from this argument today agreeing with me [i]because[/i] our politics differ so greatly. But the one thing you cannot rightfully say, the one thing I will not accept from you, is the accusation that my allies in ODN are cowards. I may not agree with everything STA does, but I would never [b]dare [/b]call them cowards because I know it simply is not true.

[/quote]
To quote Rod Stewart, "Have I told you lately that I love you?" :wub: