An Announcement from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343477749' post='3016382']
I'm continually impressed at the effort you make to go from bland non-entity to somewhat annoying non-entity, kudos to you.
[/quote]

That's funny coming from an alliance who used to be respectable and then joined C&G and suddenly got these fake balls where you like to talk !@#$ because of what you have behind you.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1343487573' post='3016408']
That's funny coming from an alliance who used to be respectable and then joined C&G and suddenly got these fake balls where you like to talk !@#$ because of what you have behind you.
[/quote]

I like the idea that we suddenly got all dickish when we joined CnG. GATO is still perfectly nice to those who extend us the same courtesy, and there are very few alliances out there who have actually dealt with us who'd say otherwise. For example, we're getting on great with RnR, and MHA we're on great terms with too. We don't take reps, and make an effort to keep things sporting.

However, what I won't sit and smile through are the insults or cheap shots of idiots we've never actually dealt with, who turn up with a half-baked opinion aimed at us or our allies. I have literally no idea why anyone would expect us to keep quiet in the face of that. In short, your stupidity is showing.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343488029' post='3016411']
I like the idea that we suddenly got all dickish when we joined CnG. GATO is still perfectly nice to those who extend us the same courtesy, and there are very few alliances out there who have actually dealt with us who'd say otherwise. For example, we're getting on great with RnR, and MHA we're on great terms with too. We don't take reps, and make an effort to keep things sporting.

However, what I won't sit and smile through are the insults or cheap shots of idiots we've never actually dealt with, who turn up with a half-baked opinion aimed at us or our allies. I have literally no idea why anyone would expect us to keep quiet in the face of that. In short, your stupidity is showing.
[/quote]

Yeah, you haven't dealt with us. That's correct. So, just consider it an observation from a neutral party. For you to come out here and say your OWF posting hasn't gone from respectable to disrespectful when you joined is funny. Take the blinders off.

edit: Also, we talk to our allies, so we found out about Darth Cyfe lobbying our allies to cancel on us. So, don't ask me why I have beef with you.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1343488643' post='3016414']
Yeah, you haven't dealt with us. That's correct. So, just consider it an observation from a neutral party. For you to come out here and say your OWF posting hasn't gone from respectable to disrespectful when you joined is funny. Take the blinders off.

edit: Also, we talk to our allies, so we found out about Darth Cyfe lobbying our allies to cancel on us. So, don't ask me why I have beef with you.
[/quote]

If your allies are listening to a completely unelected non-government member of GATO, and also noted troll, DarthCyfe, you have bigger problems than wasting your time with this thread. I won't show any respect to those who won't offer GATO or her allies any, but otherwise, I'm completely comfortable with the fact that by and large we're a friendly bunch.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1343485395' post='3016401']
I support moves like this if it means ending this war finally
[/quote]

Word. I'm more than ready for this madness to end already.

Nonetheless, good luck to my brown cat brothers and to the classy gents in Legion.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343491065' post='3016418']
If your allies are listening to a completely unelected non-government member of GATO, and also noted troll, DarthCyfe, you have bigger problems than wasting your time with this thread. I won't show any respect to those who won't offer GATO or her allies any, but otherwise, I'm completely comfortable with the fact that by and large we're a friendly bunch.
[/quote]

Well, they obviously didn't listen to him, rightfully so. I'm just laying more proof to my claims of disrespect on your part. We had no problem with you guys until suddenly you started having a problem with us. I'll leave it at that.

And I think he might have been in government when that went down. Either way, whatever.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1343454866' post='3016331']
I thought we were just starting to have fun, why you gotta bring another lover into the mix?
[/quote]

Well considering you have 3.7 million under 50k and in war range and we have merely 1.06 million, certainly you wouldn't begrudge an evening of the playing field. I would hate to see what would happen in a scenario where you weren't able to 3v1 200 day old nations with a handful of wonders with your 1500 days old nations with full wonder sets. That being said, this certainly is the most fun fighting I've had in a very long time, so kudos for that.

Edited by Lord Fingolfin

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1343491950' post='3016422']
Well, they obviously didn't listen to him, rightfully so. I'm just laying more proof to my claims of disrespect on your part. We had no problem with you guys until suddenly you started having a problem with us. I'll leave it at that.

And I think he might have been in government when that went down. Either way, whatever.
[/quote]

I can't speak for the current government, but in the year I was planning our FA we never once mentioned Invicta in passing, let alone bothered to conspire against you. I really wouldn't take it to heart, basically.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343492606' post='3016425']
Well considering you have 3.7 million under 50k and in war range and we have merely 1.06 million, certainly you wouldn't begrudge an evening of the playing field. I would hate to see what would happen in a scenario where you weren't able to 3v1 200 day old nations with a handful of wonders with your 1500 days old nations with full wonder sets. That being said, this certainly is the most fun fighting I've had in a very long time, so kudos for that.
[/quote]

I imagine the war would be less fun. It's almost like the people who declared war on us should have thought of that.

Edit: That came off as harsh. On a less political scale, I'm having immense amount of fun waring you, and those nukes hurt.

Edited by Mr Vicarious

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343488029' post='3016411']
[/quote]
Is it possible to make a point without throwing insults?

It just makes you look angry, frustrated, and lost.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343492606' post='3016425']
[/quote]

The irony in this post is quite amusing....

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1343497012' post='3016443']
I imagine the war would be less fun. It's almost like the people who declared war on us should have thought of that.

[/quote]

Never educate a sucker.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1343497012' post='3016443']
Edit: That came off as harsh. On a less political scale, I'm having immense amount of fun waring you, and those nukes hurt.
[/quote]

Likewise mate

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343498437' post='3016453']
[/quote]

Do enlighten me wise one

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343498437' post='3016453']
[/quote]
Please explain how.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1343499158' post='3016455']
I'm not sure if you really find this necessary, or you're just trying to bait Polar.
[/quote]
In all fairness, you shouldn't have to bait someone into honoring at least one of their treaties.

For this discussion between Laslo/Thrash:

GATO's charter gives a specific amount of authorities and responsibilities to GATO's gov. GATO's gov can literally only do what the charter allows it, with all other rights, privileges, and authorities, being given to the GA.

It has been the bane of every administration with regards to at least one member. The gov simply cannot stop someone from posting, cannot control who GATO members diplo to, cannot control what they say, ect. GATO nations are sovereign free agents until they violate our criminal code, which is expressly limited and must be voted through by congress (not an executive power).

So basically Darthcyfe lobbying anyone, or expressing his opinion, is completely within his rights under 99% of all circumstances I can think of. No matter how much anyone in GATO hates/is annoyed by it. (And trust me Darth has gotten an earful a fair number of times for his posts. )

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1343501123' post='3016461']
For this discussion between Laslo/Thrash:

GATO's charter gives a specific amount of authorities and responsibilities to GATO's gov. GATO's gov can literally only do what the charter allows it, with all other rights, privileges, and authorities, being given to the GA.

It has been the bane of every administration with regards to at least one member. The gov simply cannot stop someone from posting, cannot control who GATO members diplo to, cannot control what they say, ect. GATO nations are sovereign free agents until they violate our criminal code, which is expressly limited and must be voted through by congress (not an executive power).

So basically Darthcyfe lobbying anyone, or expressing his opinion, is completely within his rights under 99% of all circumstances I can think of. No matter how much anyone in GATO hates/is annoyed by it. (And trust me Darth has gotten an earful a fair number of times for his posts. )
[/quote]
. . . Barbula?

Woah! Flashback. Weird.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1343501938' post='3016468']
. . . Barbula?

Woah! Flashback. Weird.
[/quote]

Barb resides in ODN now iirc. I do kind of miss him in the alliance though.

(Note I'm not a CN history buff so I don't know your relationship with him. )

Edit: Grammer fml

Edited by Lanore

I said that already Ego, I feel betrayed :(

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1343485395' post='3016401']
I support moves like this if it means ending this war finally
[/quote]

Pshhh, ending the war? Forget that, we should break the record set by Karma :D

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343491065' post='3016418']
[/quote]
Your current crop of most active OWF posters (yourself, Lanore, and Darth) is simply a huge step down from Laserwolf and the others who used to represent GATO well. It seems like you've never even considered the possibility that the "disrespect" you've been facing recently is related to an actual change in GATO's attitude and behavior in the last year or so.