Grämlins Announcement

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1335112731' post='2957163']
Yeah, it would be like if one or two guys sent war aid and then the whole alliance got attacked, or if an alliance was ghosting its ally to attack without a DoW, and then the whole alliance got attacked because of it. So unreasonable. I hope Grämlins has some kind of internal governor to make sure that abuses don't happen to these lone wolf raiders who absolutely don't have the backing of their whole alliance [i]at all.[/i]
[/quote]

Beat me to it. Damn you!

[quote name='Hydian Way' timestamp='1335107684' post='2957125']
Your government was actually reachable and the damage for the incident is already being taken care of (aid offers out and everything). This stemmed from a different incident where an alliance appeared to have a mostly inactive government that was rather difficult to reach.

I expect the OWF to try to spin this into some kind of giant anti-NG thing, because you know you're the current bad boy of Bob and random posters from certain preaching prone alliances of course know the motivations why Gre amends its charter. While I'm fresh out of flowers, I could offer you some popcorn for when that show plays out, although I feel like we've already all seen it before a few million times.
[/quote]

I hate when people say stuff like this. It's the worst. Obviously, a set of circumstances that occur will facilitate the policy change. Given what I know of the situation, it's not as you described exactly as being a totally amicable arrangement.

Like seriously, I feel as though I've seen this kind of post too many times. Deny any antagonism that may/may not exist to look cool.

It's also an issue I had with the Gremlins of old, "we just want to be left alone."

Gre gets called out on preaching a lot, Hydian Way, so I'd be careful not to cast that stone.

Edited by Roquentin

Facts: NG recently raided a Hive nation, and NATO recently raided a Hive nation. In both cases getting hold of government wasn't as trivial as it might have been, and it made us think about that section of our charter, and also that it might be a good idea to remind people about what the Hive is.

Obviously this policy is a result of things happening, but it is not intended as a poke in the eye of either alliance.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335087224' post='2957056']
Like raiding in Umbrella has really strict guidelines. No raiding alliances above 12 members and no raiding without gov approval.
[/quote]

Actually the only requirement for Tech Raiding is government approval.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1335138064' post='2957411']
Actually the only requirement for Tech Raiding is government approval.
[/quote]

It was 12 members before, I guess the raiding sector got rid of it.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1335137923' post='2957408']
NATO recently raided a Hive nation
[/quote]

NATO is the new GOONS. Death to NATO.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1335129920' post='2957308']
Oh and for the last time, stop calling them "my" standards.
[/quote]

Not everyone follows your standards of what should be called "your standards" Sardonic.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='Hydian Way' timestamp='1335107684' post='2957125']
Your government was actually reachable and the damage for the incident is already being taken care of (aid offers out and everything). This stemmed from a different incident where an alliance appeared to have a mostly inactive government that was rather difficult to reach.

I expect the OWF to try to spin this into some kind of giant anti-NG thing, because you know you're the current bad boy of Bob and random posters from certain preaching prone alliances of course know the motivations why Gre amends its charter. While I'm fresh out of flowers, I could offer you some popcorn for when that show plays out, although I feel like we've already all seen it before a few million times.
[/quote]
Well haven't we brought out the NG party bus to this thread. :lol1: Thank you for the clarification....seriously. I love being called a bad boy though, first time!

With that said I think you'll find that some of us are quite reasonable in resolving things such as this where obviously we were in the wrong. With that said, every alliance has your new-found policy. The reason why most attempt diplomacy first is no one likes to face the ramifications of attacking and alliance for a noob raid or two. The irony is, in NG-Hive's case, you turned down attacks on the raider and instead preferred the cash. You chose diplomacy over attacking him. I wonder if this isn't chest puffing more than a future reality, though that's not mean to provoke you.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1335149395' post='2957558']
The irony is, in NG-Hive's case, you turned down attacks on the raider and instead preferred the cash. You chose diplomacy over attacking him. I wonder if this isn't chest puffing more than a future reality, though that's not mean to provoke you.
[/quote]

We left the decision up to Yaduck as to which we would accept, he chose the reps over attacking the nation back.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1335108649' post='2957130']
I didn't realize Systemfailure was GRE gov; I'm not sure whether to be impressed or worried. ^_^

Best of luck to our friends and allies in GRE with this. I hope you won't ever have to use it.
[/quote]
<3 Bob and it wasnt even a non-contest thing other people actually ran...[i]good[/i] people actually ran and they picked me...go figure :)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1335112731' post='2957163']
Yeah, it would be like if one or two guys sent war aid and then the whole alliance got attacked, or if an alliance was ghosting its ally to attack without a DoW, and then the whole alliance got attacked because of it. So unreasonable. I hope Grämlins has some kind of internal governor to make sure that abuses don't happen to these lone wolf raiders who absolutely don't have the backing of their whole alliance [i]at all.[/i]
[/quote]
that would be me..and yes the action taken if things progress to that point would be against the individual nations not the alliance...

oh wait i kinda get the slight sarcasm and reference to recent wars, nice work. ;)

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1335149395' post='2957558']
Well haven't we brought out the NG party bus to this thread. :lol1: Thank you for the clarification....seriously. I love being called a bad boy though, first time!

With that said I think you'll find that some of us are quite reasonable in resolving things such as this where obviously we were in the wrong. With that said, every alliance has your new-found policy. The reason why most attempt diplomacy first is no one likes to face the ramifications of attacking and alliance for a noob raid or two. The irony is, in NG-Hive's case, you turned down attacks on the raider and instead preferred the cash. You chose diplomacy over attacking him. I wonder if this isn't chest puffing more than a future reality, though that's not mean to provoke you.
[/quote]

As nutkase mentioned, it was up to he who was raided. And as I mentioned to you, while our regular members (and yours) would most likely prefer a continued duel, a newer nation, who hasn't grown bored, will tend to prefer reps - still thinking X mil is a whole lot of monies, not realizing that in a few short months they'll be wishing for something to do. Now if someone raided me, I'd of course invite them to a tea party pass on monies, and raise the white flag as the very peaceful nation that I am.

Damn all the innuendo and NATO mentions in this thread. You made me have to visit our forum to see what the hell was going on. Glad it was just a case of gov members on vacation and it was resolved.

(if that's not the case, Gre please PM me and I'll dust of the scepter and prepare the shaming chair)

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1335185989' post='2957752']
Damn all the innuendo and NATO mentions in this thread. You made me have to visit our forum to see what the hell was going on. Glad it was just a case of gov members on vacation and it was resolved.

(if that's not the case, Gre please PM me and I'll dust of the scepter and prepare the shaming chair)
[/quote]

You should make a "how to raid" thread on your forums somewhere too.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1335187542' post='2957757']
You should make a "how to raid" thread on your forums somewhere too.
[/quote]

Ironically, I did write a 'how to raid' guide for NATOans, but that was in spring 2007 on an old forum. That was a different time though. Raids these days are pointless in my opinion. But our raiding policies are clearly presented to members during the training process. This guy didn't do enough research and didn't realize the connection Hive has with Gre.

I don't know anything about what the discussions were like in trying to get the situation resolved so I won't comment on that.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1335111974' post='2957156']
Now when you say "Grämlins reserves the right to conduct military action without diplomatic intervention.", you do mean military action against the mistaken raider, and not the entire raider's AA right? Because that would just be ridiculous.
[/quote]
Regardless of policy, I think every alliance has the right to attack other alliances in response to whats done by members of it (such as an attack by a member of another alliance being responded with by an attack on the offending alliance). So if they were saying that, I don't think it would be ridiculous at all.

Edited by Methrage