A Brief Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1333058618' post='2945206']
Making an example of the MONGOLS is the larger purpose served. Is it worth it? Only if this example serves to enforce their foreign policy.
[/quote]

this is the best post in this thread and i don't understand how people clamoring for "white peace white peace!" don't understand it.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Baloneous' timestamp='1333071770' post='2945307']
this is the best post in this thread and i don't understand how people clamoring for "white peace white peace!" don't understand it.
[/quote]
If the example you guys are trying to show is even an alliance the size of Kaskus can force GOONS to call in assistance if they keep at it long enough, well done.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1333070269' post='2945300']
Alas my fanatic loyalty to NATO supercedes my own personal desires.
[/quote]
Ah, I see. Fair enough then.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1333072820' post='2945310']
If the example you guys are trying to show is even an alliance the size of Kaskus can force GOONS to call in assistance if they keep at it long enough, well done.
[/quote]
Well, I wouldn't put it like that exactly: I think the point to be noted there is that it is a great idea to have good friends with upper tier nations who are willing to help you out. Which is true of Kaskus and GOONS, to be fair-minded about this - something which you are, aren't you?

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1333060311' post='2945218']
or y'know the war tourists from NEW which they couldn't take down because of statistical differences and the laws of Bob dictating how strong you have to be to attack specific nations, I'm sure once we've brought them down to GOONS level they'll have a blast with the new targets we provide them.
[/quote]

Well if no GOONS nation was large enough to hit them, then it also means they could not BE hit by those NEW nations either....so in essence they were non-participants and could do no dmg to GOONS. Either way GOONS could have gone it solo and duked it out with these micro's without the need for the escelation but I guess GOONS couldnt stand the fact that those nations they couldnt hit might not 'reap' the GOONS petty wrath and Umbrella couldnt pass up a chance to kick a weaker alliance when they are down since no consequences seem to come from such action.

Have fun I guess... :blink:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1333078856' post='2945348']
Well if no GOONS nation was large enough to hit them, then it also means they could not BE hit by those NEW nations either....so in essence they were non-participants and could do no dmg to GOONS. Either way GOONS could have gone it solo and duked it out with these micro's without the need for the escelation but I guess GOONS couldnt stand the fact that those nations they couldnt hit might not 'reap' the GOONS petty wrath and Umbrella couldnt pass up a chance to kick a weaker alliance when they are down since no consequences seem to come from such action.

[/quote]

Come on CJ, you are better then this post. If you would have even read or knew anything about the event you would realize how wrong you are. The 1 nation we hit was already engaged against a "goons" nation. Goons 100k+ tier is how do you say lacking. So we declared on the one nation who was hitting a Goon. And we reserved the right to hit anyother who wants to hit our ally. So yes we are bullying the innocent

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1333079762' post='2945353']
Come on CJ, you are better then this post. If you would have even read or knew anything about the event you would realize how wrong you are. The 1 nation we hit was already engaged against a "goons" nation. Goons 100k+ tier is how do you say lacking. So we declared on the one nation who was hitting a Goon. And we reserved the right to hit anyother who wants to hit our ally. So yes we are bullying the innocent
[/quote]

Actually I think it was engaged against an Umbrella nation who was ghosting GOONS.

I also wish all of you DHers would get on the same page. Half of you say you are just one big alliance, half of you say that you are three separate alliances, culturally different. Some of you Umbrella folk seem to say you don't really want the GOONS policy of always forcing reps, but by the support you give them constantly their policy is defacto your policy.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1333081209' post='2945359']
Actually I think it was engaged against an Umbrella nation who was ghosting GOONS.

I also wish all of you DHers would get on the same page. Half of you say you are just one big alliance, half of you say that you are three separate alliances, culturally different. Some of you Umbrella folk seem to say you don't really want the GOONS policy of always forcing reps, but by the support you give them constantly their policy is defacto your policy.
[/quote]

But Vol Navy, the communal bond supercedes all other considerations, man.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1333081209' post='2945359']

[/quote]

exactly half?

but seriously let me know if you're interested in herding 400 cats.

[/quote]
The nation in question engaged an MK'er and Umbrella nation on our AA. As a matter of courtesy to the nations on our AA affected by the declarations (since we couldn't help), we requested that Umbrella deal with it to get it down to a level where we can actually hit it. That's the situation, nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1333083102' post='2945371']
DH is a giant alliance with 3 parts, everyone separate, everyone together. We are all different and alike. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD....
[/quote]

Kaskus isn't NEW, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!

[/quote]
heh, Valhalla trying to talk down to anyone is rich, especially in this context. Never can resist trying to score a few points off your rivals, eh cj?

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1332907173' post='2944078']
I'll reply to you since you are far and away the most coherent poster responding to me. Anyone who thinks that this announcement is a knee jerk reaction to one nation is a damn fool. As cute as the one 100k nation attacking theory is, it's total rubbish. His warchest isn't impressive and his tech leaves much to be desired. I'm sure he received an intensive training course over at NEW on how to "fight". But none of this matters.

What matters is an incredibly close ally of Umbrella is being attacked and has asked for our assistance. And now it is being provided without question or secrecy. If any alliance were to refuse to assist their close friends in a war they would be cowards at best. That is all there is to it. If your ally asks for help, you help them. If you don't, you are a pathetic craven.
[/quote]

Don't see the issue - an ally going in for an ally. Wouldn't expect anything less. Well done Umbrella on this one. Bit surprised it was necessary but hey stranger things have happened. Feel for Kaskus as they are a small AA. Hope this resolves soon for all parties.

Edited by REGHAR73

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1333082941' post='2945370']
The nation in question engaged an MK'er and Umbrella nation on our AA. As a matter of courtesy to the nations on our AA affected by the declarations (since we couldn't help), we requested that Umbrella deal with it to get it down to a level where we can actually hit it. That's the situation, nothing more, nothing less.
[/quote]

So the Help already sent actually needed help themselves?

:awesome:

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1333053994' post='2945162']
Yeah, I agree, no conspiracy. The problem is that you were told I was a rogue. No, even worse, you were approached by FEAR/Europa with the message I was a rogue. That's why I was pissed, because a normal alliance (like NG) would have just protected me.

But this is still very offtopic.

Ontopic:
If Kaskus isn't going to pay reps, and GOONS won't stop until they see reps (that's why this whole war started), doesn't that mean that some kind of impasse is created here?
[/quote]

Your alliance was not at war with us. You attacked us. Your alliance did not want to be at war with us. I think it's pretty simple. I'm pretty sure FEAR was asked if you were a rogue, not the other way around. I imagine that if you attacked an alliance without NG's approval, they would let you burn too. That's kinda the point of an alliance. You do what they ask you to do. I believe that's why you were booted from iFOK in the first place.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1333054805' post='2945167']
Well, now that MK has cut the life support, the damage is quite apparent. GOONS peaked at 4.2 Million Nation Strength on the 6th of March, shortly after their DoW on Mongols.
[/quote]

Probably close to 1m of that 4.2m was MK nations. We've been ghosting GOONS since before the war.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1333115583' post='2945515']
Your alliance was not at war with us. You attacked us. Your alliance did not want to be at war with us. I think it's pretty simple. I'm pretty sure FEAR was asked if you were a rogue, not the other way around. I imagine that if you attacked an alliance without NG's approval, they would let you burn too. That's kinda the point of an alliance. You do what they ask you to do. I believe that's why you were booted from iFOK in the first place.
[/quote]

Glad to see you think your members have no opinions that can offer any value to any problems that may arise. Instead of calling us members you may as well just call us drones. You do what you believe is best for the alliance and follow orders as you see fit for the greater good of your alliance and allies. This relationship goes both ways not just member to alliance. If you don't believe your governments interest is in the best interest of the alliance you do something about it. If all else fails you create an alliance and form a moral crusade because your alliance didn't do what you wanted.

edit: spelling

Edited by Tick1