A Brief Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='noname' timestamp='1333010455' post='2944913']
My statement was not for ernesto's statement, but for you.you're so eager to make this war escalate widely

and please don't twist my statement since i'm not native english, it's like stealing candies from a very cute boy.

i hope you reach your orgasm.

thanks
[/quote]

Thanks Umbrella, this post made this entire DoW worthwhile to me. Rock on noname!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1333009161' post='2944912']
Correction: You attacked several of their nations. When we were at war. They attacked back. That's how wars work, darling.
[/quote]
The two main words to remember are: [i]after peace[/i] ;)

[quote]
Our diplomatic relations with NEW are fine. Thank you for the unwarranted attention. I assure you we can handle this "Alliance" thing fine without your help. You're more than welcome to try leading one yourself, but we all saw what happened with FEAR when you did that.
[/quote]
You mean when FEAR won a war and had 30 more members? Yeah that was awful.
But this is all terribly off topic.

[quote]
To get back on topic here, why does it matter if Umbrella declares, anyway? It's not like they can bring a whole bunch of nations to bear on Kaskus/Mongols, they're just covering what GOONS can't.
Kudos to Kaskus and Mongols for sticking it out this long, though. You guys certainly have some guts, although I doubt anybody didn't know that already.
[/quote]
Agreed.

Edit: I'm sorry NoName for misunderstanding you.

Edited by Spaarlaamp

After reading this, all I could do is laugh even though I can understand where you are coming from.

Just the fact it keeps happening to GOONS, thought you may of learnt after roguefest.

Edited by nutkase

I think we can all agree that GOONS bit off more than they could chew and then ran to big bad Umb/MK to bail them out.

You can qualify that statement with "but NS ranges, etc, etc." but the fact is GOONS wasn't able to follow through on it's own raid/reps policies without backup. So they aren't really GOONS policies, but DH policies.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1333018195' post='2944947']
I think we can all agree that GOONS bit off more than they could chew and then ran to big bad Umb/MK to bail them out.

You can qualify that statement with "but NS ranges, etc, etc." but the fact is GOONS wasn't able to follow through on it's own raid/reps policies without backup. So they aren't really GOONS policies, but DH policies.
[/quote]
Yup, this man is right, we did not have them crushed within weeks and they did not gain huge amounts of NS in the form of 40k+ nations, nope didn't happen, conspiracy to make it look like goons are fine and not being defeated by the mongol/kaskus menace.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1333018195' post='2944947']

[/quote]

So very much this^

I think we can all also agree, a little help on a few nations equates completely and unequivocally with GOONS being unable to prosecute this war to a successful end by themselves. They were literally on the verge of military defeat without the backup.

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1333019132' post='2944953']
So very much this^

I think we can all also agree, a little help on a few nations equates completely and unequivocally with GOONS being unable to prosecute this war to a successful end by themselves. They were literally on the verge of military defeat without the backup.
[/quote]

Did I say military defeat? I said unable to enfore it's own policies, in this case making attacking alliances pay reps. Without Umb/MK nations, you would not have been able to enforce that policy.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by berbers

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1333019497' post='2944955']
Did I say military defeat? I said unable to enfore it's own policies, in this case making attacking alliances pay reps. Without Umb/MK nations, you would not have been able to enforce that policy.

Edit: Spelling
[/quote]

Fair point. I was just taking your logic one step further.

[quote]GOONS being unable to prosecute this war to a successful end by themselves[/quote]

Oh, there it is. Do you think the probability of Kaskus paying reps has changed? Because I don't.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1333014955' post='2944927']
After reading this, all I could do is laugh even though I can understand where you are coming from.

Just the fact it keeps happening to GOONS, thought you may of learnt after roguefest.
[/quote]
You seem to forget that you lost Roguefest. You put up less of a fight than Kaskus has. We made you eat your "we will never pay reps" words.

As to all the "you needed help" idiots, the vast majority of the war is being fought by GOONS nations. We would fight to enforce our policies regardless of how much support we received. Moreover, it's patently obvious that professional alliances figured out ages ago that calling in assistance where needed is nothing to be ashamed of. It's no wonder why so few of the people making these asinine remarks do so from a position of experience.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1333022263' post='2944975']
You seem to forget that you lost Roguefest. You put up less of a fight than Kaskus has. We made you eat your "we will never pay reps" words.

As to all the "you needed help" idiots, the vast majority of the war is being fought by GOONS nations. We would fight to enforce our policies regardless of how much support we received. Moreover, it's patently obvious that professional alliances figured out ages ago that calling in assistance where needed is nothing to be ashamed of. It's no wonder why so few of the people making these asinine remarks do so from a position of experience.
[/quote]

1. We knew we were walking into a lost battle.
2. Unfortunately my comrades did not have the stomach for a drawn out war like I was ready for.
3. How many alliance was needed to defeat us again?

I referenced to the fact that I see why you needed the extra help, but obviously you came in screaming with your eyes closed to realize it.

If 'calling in assistance when needed' is nothing to be ashamed of, why is an alliance like Kaskus being punished for 'assisting when needed'? And what's with all the butthurt comments about ex-NEW nations joining Kaskus?

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1333020293' post='2944956']
Oh, there it is. Do you think the probability of Kaskus paying reps has changed? Because I don't.
[/quote]

Neither do I. I still think it's highly unlikely.

Edited by MutedFaith

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1333024753' post='2944986']
If 'calling in assistance when needed' is nothing to be ashamed of, why is an alliance like Kaskus being punished for 'assisting when needed'? And what's with all the butthurt comments about ex-NEW nations joining Kaskus?
[/quote]

How exactly are they being punished? They declared war, said war is being fought. They're having fun, we're having fun. Are you?

And I must have missed 'all the butthurt' comments, I think it's been made pretty clear that GOONS and NEW are cool. Both sides have guests who want to have fun with this, it's all good.

[quote name='Iherudia' timestamp='1332904828' post='2944018']
I prefer an agreement which is at least marginally agreeable to both sides. Forgive me if that's too idealistic for you.
[/quote]

Hippy.

I fear I dozed off somewhere during this conversation - getting old does that - but when I came round again it seemed the argument hadn't advanced much. I believe the summary is something like:

- all parties to the war are bringing in small amounts of assistance as needed, by various mechanisms, declared and undeclared, and they're all pretty much cool with that;
- negotiations are happening intermittently and will probably wind this up quite soon;
- rabble rabble rabble

Did I miss anything of substance?

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1333026771' post='2944997']
Hippy.

I fear I dozed off somewhere during this conversation - getting old does that - but when I came round again it seemed the argument hadn't advanced much. I believe the summary is something like:

- all parties to the war are bringing in small amounts of assistance as needed, by various mechanisms, declared and undeclared, and they're all pretty much cool with that;
- negotiations are happening intermittently and will probably wind this up quite soon;
- rabble rabble rabble

Did I miss anything of substance?
[/quote]

goons is literally the worst

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1333025942' post='2944992']
How exactly are they being punished? They declared war, said war is being fought. They're having fun, we're having fun. Are you?

And I must have missed 'all the butthurt' comments, I think it's been made pretty clear that GOONS and NEW are cool. Both sides have guests who want to have fun with this, it's all good.
[/quote]

You want them to pay reps for helping out a treatypartner. That classifies as 'being punished for assisting their allies'.

I've seen several comments by DH-members about reducing NEW to a pile of rubble.

Seems a bit unnecessary when GOONS has 25 nations bigger than the NEW ghosting Kaskus.

I'd expect that GOONS would be able to handle it without calling in big brother.

Is there a hidden motive?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1333001585' post='2944851']

I like your "NO U!!" posts, smells to despair.
[/quote]

That's rich because it's literally every single one of your posts. It is mystifying how you are able to function as a person at all.

[quote name='Steve' timestamp='1333033017' post='2945030']
Seems a bit unnecessary when GOONS has 25 nations bigger than the NEW ghosting Kaskus.

I'd expect that GOONS would be able to handle it without calling in big brother.

Is there a hidden motive?
[/quote]

At the time of declaration they only had 2 guys bigger, and 1 guy smaller but still in range (but he was in PM), hence the declaration.

I guess the bigger GOONS didn't want to sell a little infra to hit the guy.

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1333031770' post='2945023']
You want them to pay reps for helping out a treatypartner. That classifies as 'being punished for assisting their allies'.
[/quote]
It's going to take a lot more force than Kaskus can muster to get us to abandon [I]that[/I] particular policy.

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1333031770' post='2945023']
[/quote]

No, we want them to pay reps for attacking us. At worst, that classifies as 'being punished for attacking us'. More practically it means 'you knew what was going to happen when you attacked us'.

But as we agree on the probability of them ever actually paying, this is all academic, no?

As an aside, I see now you meant reps as the punishment, where in my previous post I thought you meant the Umbrella helping out as the punishment (given that that is what this thread is about).