A Joint Statement from Kaskus and Mongols

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1332439459' post='2941686']
So it says something doesn't it? :awesome:
Nice announcement btw
o/ Kaskus!
[/quote]
Well yeah except that's something you typically say (and they did say) in the DoW, not in another attention whoring announcement later.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1332793084' post='2943416']
Well yeah except that's something you typically say (and they did say) in the DoW, not in another attention whoring announcement later.
[/quote]

I think they OP is saying " $%&@ your peace terms " ? I'm not sure why that would be said in the DoW :unsure:

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1332736028' post='2943201']
Maybe destroyed was too harsh a term. Rolled hard is what I meant essentially, and yeah it will happen. Just because it hasn't happened in the past three years means absolutely nothing.
[/quote]

you're right. it's been a cakewalk so far.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1332780958' post='2943354']
A stalemate ? The only stalemate in that war was the alliances that declared on GOONS, their upper tier hid in peace mode from the other side MK,Umbrella,TOP and the other heavy hitters while GOONS dominated the lower tier. [b]There wasn't deadlock in that war at all, alliances surrendered because they could not or would not fight any more. Again we had allies that aided us all throughout the war because GOONS is a lower tier alliance, if you want to fight an upper tier i'm sure you could attack MK, they'll bring in TOP and Umbrella. Go ahead tough guy.[/b]

edit: looking at your alliance you have a lower tier alliance also so before you criticize us for not having an upper tier and being able to fight for 4 months without aid. Why don't you look at your alliance first. You have 87 nations from 10k ns and below.
[/quote]

Can't talk for the rest of the alliances, but all was sweet at NPO and anyone who did run out of warchests could just rob from the well funded GOONS and many of the lower tiers did just that, so was nice to see Umbrella had funded both sides war program. :) So around 4 months of kicking each others nations in and it could of gone on much longer than that, but yeah you continue to live in that dream world where both sides mid/lower tiers were taking punishment and the final result on that front was technically a white peace. Then to think it wasn't deadlocked? Looked like it to me. :P

Considering I had fought MK/TOP/Umbrella before in Bi-polar and DH-NPO wars, I would gladly go against anyone if an alliance I reside in gets involved in war, which is nothing "tough guy" about it. You seem to be the one pounding his chest, not me. :)

Also if the alliance I recently reside in, suddenly becomes war hungry like GOONS then you would have a point, but since not its invalid. :)

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1332804012' post='2943477']
Can't talk for the rest of the alliances, but all was sweet at NPO and anyone who did run out of warchests could just rob from the well funded GOONS and many of the lower tiers did just that, so was nice to see Umbrella had funded both sides war program. :) So around 4 months of kicking each others nations in and it could of gone on much longer than that, but yeah you continue to live in that dream world where both sides mid/lower tiers were taking punishment and the final result on that front was technically a white peace. Then to think it wasn't deadlocked? Looked like it to me. :P

Considering I had fought MK/TOP/Umbrella before in Bi-polar and DH-NPO wars, I would gladly go against anyone if an alliance I reside in gets involved in war, which is nothing "tough guy" about it. You seem to be the one pounding his chest, not me. :)

Also if the alliance I recently reside in, suddenly becomes war hungry like GOONS then you would have a point, but since not its invalid. :)
[/quote]

summary: you lost that war, and your allies paid us.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1332770358' post='2943299']
So in your eyes allies are not suppose to help each other ? I only got one question for ya, Did GOONS lose despite being dog piled ?

The financial support was and is appreciated. During peace time they receive free tech from myself
[/quote]

Not to input my own opinion but to rather clarify what I feel he was trying to say:

His point was that if you take the reps gained and subtract the money sent by Umbrella to keep GOONS fighting, that it wasn't much of a victory financially for DH.

Personally, I have no idea what either of those numbers are, so I can't say what the net financial loss/gain was. I'd be curious to know though if anyone has the stats.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1332807120' post='2943503']
Not to input my own opinion but to rather clarify what I feel he was trying to say:

His point was that if you take the reps gained and subtract the money sent by Umbrella to keep GOONS fighting, that it wasn't much of a victory financially for DH.

Personally, I have no idea what either of those numbers are, so I can't say what the net financial loss/gain was. I'd be curious to know though if anyone has the stats.
[/quote]

can you imagine the outrage if we had actually charged the amount we spent?

in that respect, i would imagine no war here has ever been profitable.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1332807120' post='2943503']

[/quote]
Money to large nations is nothing. Tell Umbrella they lost some money and they're going to say "So?" Even if it was hundreds of millions, it's nothing to the destruction and outgoing reps of the losing parties. All wars result in losses on both sides. The real question is where the participating alliances are now in relation to one another. Do I need to mention which side had alliances disband, and which side is sporting a shiny new pip?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL7.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332808066' post='2943510']
Money to large nations is nothing. Tell Umbrella they lost some money and they're going to say "So?" Even if it was hundreds of millions, it's nothing to the destruction and outgoing reps of the losing parties. All wars result in losses on both sides. The real question is where the participating alliances are now in relation to one another. Do I need to mention which side had alliances disband, and which side is sporting a shiny new pip?
[/quote]

You realize the last alliance who advanced this argument was GGA right

Money to large nations is nothing. Tell Umbrella they lost some money and they're going to say "So?" Even if it was [s]hundreds of millions[/s] billions, it's nothing to the destruction and outgoing reps of the losing parties. All wars result in losses on both sides. The real question is where the participating alliances are now in relation to one another. Do I need to mention which side had alliances disband, and which side is sporting a shiny new pip?[/quote]

Corrected it for you :)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1332809027' post='2943519']
Corrected it for you :)
[/quote]
I like how you corrected the amount but not the part where "the other side lost more." So sure, let's make it billions. Let's make it trillions if you want.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332813046' post='2943550']
I like how you corrected the amount but not the part where "the other side lost more." So sure, let's make it billions. Let's make it trillions if you want.[/quote]

Because you never said that, you said "All wars result in losses on both sides." No where did you specifically state where "the other side lost more." This has been a fun conversation. :)

You all can continue the circle jerking of reps and war insults at each other :)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1332813672' post='2943558']
Because you never said that, you said "All wars result in losses on both sides." No where did you specifically state where "the other side lost more." This has been a fun conversation. :)
[/quote]
Right, I never said that. Except in the second half of the sentence you edited.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L2.jpg[/img]

Even if it was hundreds of millions, [i][b]it's nothing to the destruction and outgoing reps of the losing parties[/b][/i].
[/quote]

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332733550' post='2943179']
Coming up to our third year here, haven't been destroyed yet. Maybe we'll get a nice war to celebrate our anniversary too? Here's to hoping :D
[/quote]

GOONS 1.0 doesn't exist anymore
what makes you so sure
GOONs 2.0 will stand any better of a chance ^_^. and back then your 1.0 had much better allies. Umbrella I respect but it would seem MK is a pretty loose cannon of an alliance and a liability ^_^.

[quote name='KenoCore' timestamp='1332816402' post='2943572']
what makes you so sure
GOONs 2.0 will stand any better of a chance ^_^. and back then your 1.0 had much better allies. Umbrella I respect but it would seem MK is a pretty loose cannon of an alliance and a liability ^_^.
[/quote]
Well I suppose you're correct in that nobody can be absolutely certain of anything in this world. I can say that I'm confident that our current position is fairly secure and I that have no particular concerns about MK wrt your opinions about them.

I'd also beg to disagree about the quality of some of Neutral Shoving's allies but that argument's better saved for a new thread elsewhere, rather than in this one.

[quote name='KenoCore' timestamp='1332816402' post='2943572']
what makes you so sure
GOONs 2.0 will stand any better of a chance
[/quote]
Mostly I'm pretty certain, if my math is any good, that 1 < 2
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332818382' post='2943578']
Mostly I'm pretty certain, if my math is any good, that 1 < 2
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

well if 2.0's are better lets bring ICP back that would be like ICP 3.0 or 4.0 so they would more or less be 100x better then any alliance right ^_^

But agreed that would for another time Umar.

Though i would disagree on the [quote]i would imagine no war here has ever been profitable.[/quote]

I am quite sure some Micro alliance wars have been profitable. But perhaps alliances no matter the size should start making all reps profitable no matter the backlash :)

[/quote]

Valid Point. I'm just an econ guy so I was curious to see the financial loss of each side, and also how much was absorbed by warchests.

I just have to shake my head and laugh at most of this stuff. GOONS were completely dominated during DH/NPO and the alliance still hasn't recovered in spite of massive aid fall and reps they received. They lost hundreds of nations to deletion over the course of the war and now have to have massive numbers of allies jumping onto their AA if they have to fight more than 3 or 4 50k+ NS nations (see current conflict). Sure they can dogpile the bottom 10-20 percent of most alliances. But those players can get back all that GOONS can destroy over the course of weeks of war after a cycle of aid.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1332820220' post='2943584']
I just have to shake my head and laugh at most of this stuff. GOONS were completely dominated during DH/NPO and the alliance still hasn't recovered in spite of massive aid fall and reps they received. They lost hundreds of nations to deletion over the course of the war and now have to have massive numbers of allies jumping onto their AA if they have to fight more than 3 or 4 50k+ NS nations (see current conflict). Sure they can dogpile the bottom 10-20 percent of most alliances. But those players can get back all that GOONS can destroy over the course of weeks of war after a cycle of aid.
[/quote]

You forget the number one factor GOONs 2.0 ( ima start calling you guys that :D) really don't give two !@#$%. there GOONs 2.0 never have never will their in it for the S&G

Edited by KenoCore

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1332820220' post='2943584']
I just have to shake my head and laugh at most of this stuff. GOONS were completely dominated during DH/NPO and the alliance still hasn't recovered in spite of massive aid fall and reps they received. They lost hundreds of nations to deletion over the course of the war [b]and now have to have massive numbers of allies jumping onto their AA if they have to fight more than 3 or 4 50k+ NS nations[/b] (see current conflict). Sure they can dogpile the bottom 10-20 percent of most alliances. But those players can get back all that GOONS can destroy over the course of weeks of war after a cycle of aid.
[/quote]
Uh, just to correct you on your claim above, we haven't had massive numbers of allies jumping onto our AA to fight. I count all of four former Umb/MK nations on our AA that are actively engaged with Kaskus nations - they are Daikos, Tamerlane, Gairyuki and SkonesMickLoud. I'd agree that we don't have much of a mid or upper tier - it's quite obvious that we don't.

Edit: Whoops, looks like we have another large NEW nation joined up to Kaskus. Maybe we can up that to 6, eh? :D

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1332821242' post='2943592']
Uh, just to correct you on your claim above, we haven't had massive numbers of allies jumping onto our AA to fight. I count all of four former Umb/MK nations on our AA that are actively engaged with Kaskus nations - they are Daikos, Tamerlane, Gairyuki and SkonesMickLoud. I'd agree that we don't have much of a mid or upper tier - it's quite obvious that we don't.
[/quote]

Maybe he doesn't know how DH works :P I mean correct me if i am wrong but here's my take on how DH works:

- Doomhouse is essentially 1 alliance composed of 3
~ Umbrella it the top tier
~ Mushroom Kingdom is the Upper/Middle/Lower tier
~ GOONs 2.0 is the Low Tier

- They essentially work as one alliance.

[quote name='KenoCore' timestamp='1332821562' post='2943594']
Maybe he doesn't know how DH works :P I mean correct me if i am wrong but here's my take on how DH works:

- Doomhouse is essentially 1 alliance composed of 3
~ Umbrella it the top tier
~ Mushroom Kingdom is the Upper/Middle/Lower tier
~ GOONs 2.0 is the Low Tier

- They essentially work as one alliance.
[/quote]

you'd be more or less correct in that assertion. we still do things like ask for help in cases like this, which hasn't happened yet.

[quote]I just have to shake my head and laugh at most of this stuff. GOONS were completely dominated during DH/NPO and the alliance still hasn't recovered in spite of massive aid fall and reps they received. They lost hundreds of nations to deletion over the course of the war and now have to have massive numbers of allies jumping onto their AA if they have to fight more than 3 or 4 50k+ NS nations (see current conflict). Sure they can dogpile the bottom 10-20 percent of most alliances. But those players can get back all that GOONS can destroy over the course of weeks of war after a cycle of aid.[/quote]

i believe we gained nations during that conflict due to the draw of war, as opposed to our enemies, who lost hundreds of nations (and even a few of their alliances *gasp*). we did recover, and got one spot out of the sanction race before doomhouse decided they wanted that pip and came over. we had a bunch of guys hop on our AA to preserve that pip as we dealt with this, most not to fight at all, while dealing with a still-growing mass of combatants worth, at my last count, around 1.2 million strength.

i would say overall, that the only truth in what you just said was your parting statement, which everyone knew already. but by all means, keep focusing on GOONS, that should do the trick.