An Announcement from TLR and NPO

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1330893983' post='2933324']
Twice as many former =LOST=ers in there than Athenians. Didn't you hear? We won the cold war and annexed them.[/quote]

Some that you listed from different AA's have flown the Athens banner and been members and/or gov of Athens at one point in time, just because they had been in other alliances before doesn't really mean much.

You would have more weight to your reply if they went from =LOST= etc straight to TLR and bypassing ever joining Athens. I would go so much to say half listed have been in Athens.

Edited by the rebel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1330894734' post='2933329']
Some that you listed from different AA's have flown the Athens banner and been members and/or gov of Athens at one point in time, just because they had been in other alliances before doesn't really mean much.

You would have more weight to your reply if they went from =LOST= etc straight to TLR and bypassing ever joining Athens. I would go so much to say half listed have been in Athens.
[/quote]
Corrupt is the only former =LOST=er that's in govt that was also in Athens.

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1330887972' post='2933271']
Two exemplary alliances coming together is always a good thing. Congrats to my allies in TLR, and to my friends in the NPO.

What the heck is up with you and the "even so and so said this" arguments? As if the fact that Myth said something would make us buy into your ridiculous drivel. Get bent.
[/quote]

bent...bent and crooked like the morals of the mushroom kingdom...MK controls TLR...MK signed this treaty with the NPO by extension...MK may as well sign a treaty with the NPO, even roquentin said so

Edited by Quiziotle

I wouldn't say that, but it's not like the connection got weaker with this treaty.

Also, I see the slander continues for you. Ah well, learning isn't for everyone.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1330895202' post='2933336']
Corrupt is the only former =LOST=er that's in govt that was also in Athens.[/quote]

Not going to argue, around half of that line up is familiar and in my memory spent time in Athens and/or gov. There are errors in his list.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1330897218' post='2933354']
Not going to argue, around half of that line up is familiar and in my memory spent time in Athens and/or gov. There are errors in his list.
[/quote]

Kamichi did spend time in Athens, so I will concede that. However since Corrupt started CN in =LOST= I threw him in as a =LOST=er. And besides, what qualifies these people as "Athenian" in your mind? I think what should matter is where you've spent the most time, not if you were ever a part of the AA at a given time.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1330863122' post='2933160']
Go jump off a cliff. If TLR was Athens 2.0 I wouldn't have joined it. Why don't you get to know an alliance first before going on a holy crusade against them. I worked closely with Athens and I worked with TLR. TLR is nothing like Athens. TLR is more like =LOST= was than anything else. So if you are going to make unsubstantiated comparisons at least make it to the right alliance: TLR = =LOST= 2.0.

It also happens that I have things to do so I can't really sit and participate 24/7 like you do. Oh the horrors that someone has to accomplish something other than Bob politics. It must mean that they aren't what they say they are! /sarcasm
[/quote]

Haha. The "too cool for school" defense when I haven't posted in like 10 hours. 24/7 indeed.

I won't be taking the initial advice though. Reminds me of your "furry hole" quote.

Simply calling them weak-ass assumptions doesn't mean anything. Myth made the rest of the points for me. Who is in gov and who isn't doesn't really matter because the most vocal people are the athenians and some of the LOST members do like to trash talk.

At the end of the day, TLR is an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom's influence whether you like it or not. This does not mean there is some form viceroyalty over TLR, it simply means TLR is part of the Mushroom Kingdom's sphere.

With regards to the gov list:

Kamichi hasn't been in MK for a really long time and he's been in Athens before. Corrupt too.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330897977' post='2933365']
I fear we will never again see a strong Pacifica. I suppose the Voxians got their wish, yet it seems so bittersweet.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Compared to a year ago, NPO are in a far better position and as much as I hate to say it...it would appear that most of the credit can be placed on their leadership. Heck, not many AA's refuse treaty offers from doomhouse after all so that surely speaks volumes in regards to certain matters.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330901855' post='2933393']
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Compared to a year ago, NPO are in a far better position and as much as I hate to say it...it would appear that most of the credit can be placed on their leadership. Heck, not many AA's refuse treaty offers from doomhouse after all so that surely speaks volumes in regards to certain matters.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure a good number do. They'd have more treaties otherwise. The thing is, this is not a good a move on NPO's part because it's an indirect link to DH anyway. I've heard rumors about how TLR wants to roll VE or something like that, but lol. Kind of hard to imagine given virtually no damage to VE's reputation has been done in quite some time and TLR has a fair number of enemies that would love the chance to strike. Their allies have plenty of them, too.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330902115' post='2933394']
I'm pretty sure a good number do. They'd have more treaties otherwise. The thing is, this is not a good a move on NPO's part because it's an indirect link to DH anyway. I've heard rumors about how TLR wants to roll VE or something like that, but lol. Kind of hard to imagine given virtually no damage to VE's reputation has been done in quite some time and TLR has a fair number of enemies that would love the chance to strike. Their allies have plenty of them, too.
[/quote]

Truth be told, I think this treaty is a good move on NPO's behalf and certainly a good move on CnG's behalf though I get the odd feeling the three other members of CnG, two in particular...will not be so thrilled at this. Oh what I would do to see the topic in GATO's general discussion area about this upgrade. :P

The next month or so would be a pretty good time to be a fly on the wall in NPO's upper gov channels. This upgrade will make them a "credible" ally again in the opinion of others and I suspect most AAs won't be so likely to avoid NPO like the plague. Pretty interesting development but to say it was unexpected would be a downright lie :P

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330902817' post='2933397']
Truth be told, I think this treaty is a good move on NPO's behalf and certainly a good move on CnG's behalf though I get the odd feeling the three other members of CnG, two in particular...will not be so thrilled at this. Oh what I would do to see the topic in GATO's general discussion area about this upgrade. :P

The next month or so would be a pretty good time to be a fly on the wall in NPO's upper gov channels. This upgrade will make them a "credible" ally again in the opinion of others and I suspect most AAs won't be so likely to avoid NPO like the plague. Pretty interesting development but to say it was unexpected would be a downright lie :P
[/quote]

In the sense you're referring to, a treaty with anyone of a certain size would be a good move on NPO's part. Treatying MK proxies is not.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330902917' post='2933400']
In the sense you're referring to, a treaty with anyone of a certain size would be a good move on NPO's part. Treatying MK proxies is not.
[/quote]

If you think NPO would allow itself to become a proxy and lackey then we must be thinking of two different NPOs.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330903127' post='2933402']
If you think NPO would allow itself to become a proxy and lackey then we must be thinking of two different NPOs.
[/quote]

Didn't you yourself say NPO wasn't ambitious enough when you left?

I didn't say that anyway. I said they treatied an MK proxy.

Treaty that makes sense: TLR-NG similar alliances

Treaty that doesn't make sense: TLR-NPO

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330903127' post='2933402']
[/quote]

So far as I can tell, in Roq's world anyone who doesn't agree with everything he says must be a lackey and/or proxy of MK.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330903342' post='2933405']
So far as I can tell, in Roq's world anyone who doesn't agree with everything he says must be a lackey and/or proxy of MK.
[/quote]

I didn't call Charles or Myth that when they disagreed. Swing and a miss, Pingu.

[/quote]

Well then you're probably not paying attention to anything he's said, because that's not the case.

I'm sure there's somewhere else where we can discuss how you think your alliance isn't an MK proxy, though.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330903265' post='2933404']
Didn't you yourself say NPO wasn't ambitious enough when you left?

I didn't say that anyway. I said they treatied an MK proxy.

Treaty that makes sense: TLR-NG similar alliances

Treaty that doesn't make sense: TLR-NPO
[/quote]

They had the ambition, what was lacking was direction and that issue seems to have been rectified if this upgrade is anything to go by.

But you implied that NPO by tying itself to a "MK proxy" would in turn make NPO subject to MK's control and I just do not see that happening. NPO aren't the AA they used to be but they certainly haven't done a full 180 and become a pack of cowards eager to please a would be master. Being tied to TLR does not suddenly transform NPO into ODN.

[/quote]

I agree with Roq on a few things in a generalist manner, but when it comes to methods then we do differ. He views this upgrade as NPO becoming attached to CnG and therefore a shroom lackey. I on the other hand think back on the lesson learned during Q and view this upgrade far more optimistically :P

[/quote]
Pingu dont we have a fish treaty to work out and then the subsequent ODN support for the NPO to join CnG and then NPO being led by the nose without a single independent thought?? Lets leave those with tinfoil and delusions alone, I would hate to see you catch something by proxy...

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330903502' post='2933408']
I'm sure there's somewhere else where we can discuss how you think your alliance isn't an MK proxy, though.
[/quote]

I suspect such a discussion will be just as productive as most such in this venue - any change of venue won't change the players or the [i]weltanschauungen[/i]. Indeed, the very way you phrase the subject shows a lack of serious intent. Let's discuss "how you think" you're not a turnip: see, not serious. If you actually want to discuss what the relationship is between ODN and MK, rather than "how I think" it's not what you have already decided it is, then we could do that some time. I have a very fine pub you could visit.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1330904186' post='2933414']
I suspect such a discussion will be just as productive as most such in this venue - any change of venue won't change the players or the [i]weltanschauungen[/i].
[/quote]

Lost me here. I would be more than happy to count the ways for you, but this is not the venue for that. In fact, there seems to be a nearby proceeding place just to do that very thing in.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1330904064' post='2933413']
Pingu dont we have a fish treaty to work out and then the subsequent ODN support for the NPO to join CnG and then NPO being led by the nose without a single independent thought??
[/quote]

Nice plan, but you don't want a treaty with us. Apparently we're

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1330903903' post='2933410']
a pack of cowards eager to please a would-be master [now with free punctuation correction!]
[/quote]

You'll have to talk to GATO, if you can get past the wall of arrogance(TM).