Delayed Justice

Malatose

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1329602363' post='2923565']
We took reps against Polaris twice. Maybe GPA, I'm not sure, I'd have to revisit their surrender terms from 2007. For the rest, we have defeated dozens of alliances and never took anything from them.

Might be something to think about.
[/quote]

GPA, Legion, ODN, from ski and UG, Polar...though the last time before this was admittedly in 2008.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1329603165' post='2923576']
The wotc or aka war of the coalition, electron sponge kept poking at TOP and friends for months, "Saying he was going to dance on TOP's grave" So TOP gathered a coalition and declared on Polaris, their MOD had 11 million on him to start the war :lol1: , and afterwards Polar cried about TOP having bigger nations, more tech and bigger war chest.
[/quote]
Actually I think they were more enraged with the secret terms top had levied against them in an attempt to destroy the community and drive away some of our more beloved members.

[quote name='elborrador' timestamp='1329605164' post='2923595']
Actually I think they were more enraged with the secret terms top had levied against them in an attempt to destroy the community and drive away some of our more beloved members.
[/quote]
You know, banning people from government offices isn't exactly the same as "destroying a community", unless it's a very small alliance and they absolutely rely on three or four figureheads. We also have addressed that so many times in the past it feels like beating a dead horse at this point.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1329605296' post='2923597']
You know, banning people from government offices isn't exactly the same as "destroying a community", unless it's a very small alliance and they absolutely rely on three or four figureheads. We also have addressed that so many times in the past it feels like beating a dead horse at this point.
[/quote]
Oh I'm not concerned with the legitamacyn or lack thereof of said claims, but that was most certainly enraged us the most. It was more than just bannin people from gov too, but you are right about one thing, dead horses and such.

Id like to imagine tha polar and top can at least coexist now, but I just don't see it...

[quote name='elborrador' timestamp='1329605508' post='2923602']
Oh I'm not concerned with the legitamacyn or lack thereof of said claims, but that was most certainly enraged us the most. It was more than just bannin people from gov too, but you are right about one thing, dead horses and such.

Id like to imagine tha polar and top can at least coexist now, but I just don't see it...
[/quote]
I'm not too worried. This (OOC: the thread) is just after the peace has been reached. I expected more emotional reactions from both sides. When dust has settled, we'll see if lasting peace can be reached or if we are still back to the same arguments and debates.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Do try to play nice now, my friends ;) Peace and justice is finally upon you, afterall.

Congratulations to Polar on TOP on peace, I can only hope the hatchet is now buried. A tip of the hat to Valhalla and IRON for fighting like madmen and granting white peace. :D

Congrats to all for achieving peace.

I personally had fun sparring with Polaris, and look forward to rebuilding my nation with Polar tech :)

Also I believe negotiations were in the works to have Upper tier NpO nations to come out of peacemode. Apparently, they were having none of that, so I hope they can be happy paying reps for a war they stayed out of. Sad.

o/ Peace

o/ IRON
Fighting IRON was bittersweet, they beat me down to pulp and did not gloat or tease me too much about it, its hard to have hard feeling towards them but I guess that is a side effect of being in IRON a few years ago and having a good time whilst I was there.

To TOP all I can say is meh.
I do respect that TOP said they were looking to beat us down and followed though on the threat. I do admire them on the being among the TOP of this game ( yes pun is intended) And I like he fact they hold Paradox Interactive in high regards is awesome. I am a fan older PI games like Majesty, Europa Universalis, & Chariots of War. But darn you guys can hold a grudge, be really annoying about our future curb-stomp and be all around killjoys.

o/ To our allies
You guys are with us thick and thin, even when the whole world would seek to destroy us. You stand hand to hand and sword to sword with us and we are eternally grateful. You guys are either Insane or true brothers. And I hope its a little of both. :wub:

o/ Polaris
Always and Forever :awesome:

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1329602363' post='2923565']
We took reps against Polaris twice. Maybe GPA, I'm not sure, I'd have to revisit their surrender terms from 2007. For the rest, we have defeated dozens of alliances and never took anything from them.

Might be something to think about.
[/quote]

Still the fact is that you are a reps taking-alliance and in a war that TOP started (along with others) over some old grudge.

Dont get me wrong, I know that reps is a part of 'life' here on Bob. But please dont try and sugar coat it with 'it is only punishment', long long after the transgression was made. You do it, because you can (after all you won the war), you do it because you want revenge and you will do it again, if you feel like it. TOP may not be worse then others, but you are no better eigther.

*sorry for my bad english*

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1329609263' post='2923631']
Still the fact is that you are a reps taking-alliance and in a war that TOP started (along with others) over some old grudge.

Dont get me wrong, I know that reps is a part of 'life' here on Bob. But please dont try and sugar coat it with 'it is only punishment', long long after the transgression was made. You do it, because you can (after all you won the war), you do it because you want revenge and you will do it again, if you feel like it. TOP may not be worse then others, but you are no better eigther.

[/quote]

Exactly?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1329579377' post='2923382']
Polaris deserves every unit of the tech it will have to pay.
[/quote] They defended your best pals over at MK against TOP. Yet "deserves every unit of tech it will have to pay". I get that right Lustitan?

Edited by conistonslim

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1329609263' post='2923631']

[/quote]

Had we simply wanted to defeat Polaris because they stood in the way of us pursuing our interests, this war would have ended with white peace more than a month ago. As was the case with FARK, and pretty much every other alliance involved on the other side of the battlefield this war.

Edited by Bodvar Jarl

[quote name='elborrador' timestamp='1329605164' post='2923595']
[/quote]

Again, seven alliances and NPO (who made several of the government change requests that were granted by the victors and laid out as terms) are suddenly condensed down into TOP for the convenience of a flawed argument. Yes, the same NPO with whom Polar signed a treaty immediately after completing their WotC surrender terms. And also FARK, who took reparations from Polar and were completely OK with the government-related terms. You and yours can try all you want to make it seem as if TOP was the responsible party for everything that happened to Polar during the WotC, but really it's just a convenient and very flawed argument by which you can attempt to justify your alliance's betrayal of ours (and of IRON, TORN, etc.) in the Bipolar War. Give it up already. Nobody is stupid enough to buy this. Or maybe you've just truly deluded yourself into thinking that it's the truth. This would not surprise me, as self-delusion is a hallmark of your alliance.

Also, the allegation that the coalition was attempting to destroy Polar's community is absurd and has no basis whatsoever.

[quote name='Rokula' timestamp='1329609169' post='2923628']
To TOP all I can say is meh.
I do respect that TOP said they were looking to beat us down and followed though on the threat. I do admire them on the being among the TOP of this game ( yes pun is intended) And I like he fact they hold Paradox Interactive in high regards is awesome. I am a fan older PI games like Majesty, Europa Universalis, & Chariots of War. But darn you guys can hold a grudge, be really annoying about our future curb-stomp and be all around killjoys.
[/quote]

The idea that IRON was only in this war to support TOP is completely wrong. They entered this war for the same reason we did. You forget that your alliance screwed over IRON in Bipolar almost as much as you did TOP (with the declaration of war on TOP being the added cherry that IRON didn't need to deal with). Telling yourself that only TOP was after revenge and IRON was not is just another example of the constant self-delusion that is apparently such a vital part of your alliance's character.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1329605296' post='2923597']
[/quote]

If that was the case, why were those terms secret? Reality is, you knew it was a !@#$ move and that th emove was designed to cause maximum damage to the NpO's community. No wonder Grub screwed you over in revenge later on. Hilarious that you still portray yourselves as innocent victims of Polar's betrayal. History is written by the victors and you guys are scribbling away frantically.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329612151' post='2923660']
Again, seven alliances and NPO (who made several of the government change requests that were granted by the victors and laid out as terms) are suddenly condensed down into TOP for the convenience of a flawed argument.[/quote]
The existence of other culpable parties does not somehow absolve you of responsibility. You got more credit than others because you spearheaded the operation and because you're generally an ass. The participation of others in the WoTC is why I likewise have no sympathy for IRON, TORN, Valhalla, and others for what they got in BiPolar. There were alliances legitimately wronged by Polaris in that war (e.g., FEAR), but you weren't one of them.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1329612583' post='2923663']
If that was the case, why were those terms secret? Reality is, you knew it was a !@#$ move and that th emove was designed to cause maximum damage to the NpO's community. No wonder Grub screwed you over in revenge later on. Hilarious that you still portray yourselves as innocent victims of Polar's betrayal. History is written by the victors and you guys are scribbling away frantically.
[/quote]

Spoken, yet again, like Polar's most loyal dog.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329612954' post='2923669']
Spoken, yet again, like Polar's most loyal dog.
[/quote]

I'm sure you'll get back to me about what I said shortly, right? Or are you going with your tried and trusted "insult the poster" tactic again?

[/quote]

They were not included on the instrument of surrender because Grub requested it.

[/quote]

And Grub secretly screw us over in Bi-Polar, along with STA. That move was designed to do maximum damage to our community.

No wonder why we demanded reps! Hilarious that you portray yourselves as victims.

We could dance around this flag pole all afternoon. fact of the matter is, you don't like us or anything we do. and we don't like you and nothing you do.

See you again in what 6 months? Or are you fine with just call it squashed? Balls in your court.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329612151' post='2923660']
Again, seven alliances and NPO (who made several of the government change requests that were granted by the victors and laid out as terms) are suddenly condensed down into TOP for the convenience of a flawed argument. Yes, the same NPO with whom Polar signed a treaty immediately after completing their WotC surrender terms. And also FARK, who took reparations from Polar and were completely OK with the government-related terms. You and yours can try all you want to make it seem as if TOP was the responsible party for everything that happened to Polar during the WotC, but really it's just a convenient and very flawed argument by which you can attempt to justify your alliance's betrayal of ours (and of IRON, TORN, etc.) in the Bipolar War. Give it up already. Nobody is stupid enough to buy this. Or maybe you've just truly deluded yourself into thinking that it's the truth. This would not surprise me, as self-delusion is a hallmark of your alliance.

Also, the allegation that the coalition was attempting to destroy Polar's community is absurd and has no basis whatsoever.

The idea that IRON was only in this war to support TOP is completely wrong. They entered this war for the same reason we did. You forget that your alliance screwed over IRON in Bipolar almost as much as you did TOP (with the declaration of war on TOP being the added cherry that IRON didn't need to deal with). Telling yourself that only TOP was after revenge and IRON was not is just another example of the constant self-delusion that is apparently such a vital part of your alliance's character.
[/quote]
I had actually forgot that pacifica was integral in those, thanks ;) top and co (is that better buddy?) tried to destroy a community you can not deny this and you can't pretend like you didn't smile handing out those terms. All the other Major players from that war have since paid their price. TOP has avoided the hammer by masterfully jumping from ruling power to ruling power. One day the rule powers will tell you to take a flying leap, and I can only hope I'm still around to dance on your corpse when that happens

Xoxox