Worst Leader Ever 2012

Banksy

Well it's a shame I have to roll such a worthy adversary deserving of the title, but it's the nature of the beast.

Something something Crymson should really win this competition and it's a shame if he doesn't, something something Grub.

Also, if possible can someone pm me a bracket since i'm meat whistle gnomed?

Edited by IYIyTh

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weak bracket indeed.

/me washing hands motion.

My work here is done. See all you fine gentlemen in the Quarterfinals.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1328822199' post='2917413']
I am interested in which of my actions over the entire period of time I was Emperor you personally have any direct knowledge of that you find to be systemic destruction of Polaris.

It seems someone I personally regard as a complete ^&*(whomper and somewhat socially inept has formed an opinion but I am not sure what exactly it is based on.

What exactly do you object to from my July 4, 2008 – March 5, 2010 period of leadership? Perhaps you would like to consult the actual facts surrounding that period before replying? Please provide some actual dates to this systematic destruction, you get bonus points for a timeline.
[/quote]
You were also nominated for your time in the NAAC.

In your time as Polaris emperor you took Polaris from one of the most well connected, popular alliances in the game (looking at the giant alliance ranking thread we did in late 2009) to one of the least popular ones. You attacked \m/ and threatened to attack Athens for petty reasons, destroying political capital and credibility. This is why you were nominated.

If it's any consolation, you probably won't beat Ram.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1328846694' post='2917651']
Special note: if you'd like to enter a bracket for contest purposes, you have until the 12th. Cost of entry is a pledge of 50 tech; prize is the pool.
[/quote]

And do it on our boards.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328847887' post='2917666']
Depends how you do against Omni.
[/quote]
[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1328848269' post='2917668']
That's a tough first-round matchup.
[/quote]

I look at the other 7 seeds and I'm disappointed. Why couldn't I have gotten Ezequiel?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328848542' post='2917671']
I look at the other 7 seeds and I'm disappointed. Why couldn't I have gotten Ezequiel?
[/quote]

Because of the uslurper joke.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328847532' post='2917662']

In your time as Polaris emperor you took Polaris from one of the most well connected, popular alliances in the game (looking at the giant alliance ranking thread we did in late 2009) to one of the least popular ones. You attacked \m/ and threatened to attack Athens for petty reasons, destroying political capital and credibility. This is why you were nominated.

[/quote]
In my time as Polar Emperor I took Polaris from an alliance that had just been smashed in the face by a coalition of alliances hellbent on our destruction to one that was indeed extremely popular. Attacking alliances for petty reasons is your version, not mine. Neither of those alliances are anything to do with our current situation. You suck at this.

Too much focus on one series of events and not enough on the other 18 months of leading aforementioned popular (your words not mine)alliance. Lets be honest, threatening the power of MK never goes down well does it?

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1328851504' post='2917699']
Pity about Ram, he's got a pretty strong bracket, but comparatively, he's going to steamroll through them all. I'd be surprised if Xiph beats Fernando12, tbh.
[/quote]

Can we even consider Fernando a leader if he only led 72 copies of himself?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328847532' post='2917662']

[/quote]

You forgot the time when he viciously backstabbed a group of alliances fighting on his side in a war. That, more than anything else, destroyed Polar's reputation forever. This tremendous betrayal generated, in the end, widespread disgust and disdain for Polar. This was such that it was only a matter of time before they got rolled again... and then again... and because they're Polar, they'll no doubt piss someone off badly enough in the future that they'll be stepped on a fourth time.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1328825414' post='2917438']
What facade? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img]

Was it too "shifty," or "untrustworthy," for your eyes?
It might be insightful for those who can't think for themselves but there's only context to be gained from it, the bulk of it isn't really a secret.

Is there something you didn't understand or were you just on the +1 train?
[/quote]
Wow you are really dumb. You just spilled your purse out here on the OWF, no amount of mediocre tee rolling will help you back from that.

Anyway, unlike what you were trying to say with your little jabs there, I understood exactly what those posts meant. You see, I've always known you were a terrible leader, a whinging little $%&@ who acted so confident and condescending in public in an attempt to hide the fact that you had no idea what you were doing. The funny thing is that the only person you were really fooling with that act was yourself, because you thought everyone else bought it. Guess what, they didn't.

So here we are, after your failures as a leader have been made plain, and you're out here almost in tears trying to defend yourself against JA. Lilith, the leader so bad he was kicked out and disowned by the alliance he was apparently leading so well. The guy who acted like he had the world in the palm of his hand while he systematically undermined his own alliances position with his own ego-driven actions. And yet again, driven by a need to maintain the facade, you roll into this thread to try and defend yourself, and all you end up doing is revealing more details that make you look worse. Bravo, at least no one can say you didn't live up to your potential. :)