In Layman's terms

ScratchScreen

[i][b]All the alliance news, easy to see and read![/b][/i]

[size="6"][b]RAGNAROK REBUILDS[/b][/size]
Ragnarok has decided to rebuild because their leadership isn't following the views of the alliance. Their official statement says:
[i]"Over the past few weeks Ragnarok has faced a storm as we came under leadership that didn’t share the spirit of our culture, nor the values of our charter. This was not a coup led for popularity or any frivolous cause. "[/i]
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with the Empress of RoK, Empress Adel:

<MsAdel> Hello
[i]<scratchscreen> Hello![/i]
<MsAdel> How can I help you
[i]<scratchscreen> Well, I was wondering about the forum 'could the real Ragnarok please stand up'[/i]
<MsAdel> Basically we were announcing our new government after replacing the old one
[i]<scratchscreen> what was wrong with the old one? [/i]
<MsAdel> They didn't understand the principles the alliance was founded on and violated our charter
[i]<scratchscreen> So, what are you going to change about the alliance in order to allow it to follow the principles?[/i]
<MsAdel> I am not so much changing as taking things back to the way they were
[i]<scratchscreen> how is that? [/i]
<MsAdel> The previous gov made decisions on their own...
<MsAdel> Yes we had an advisory council set up which wasn't being consulted
<MsAdel> So I am going back to a more inclusive gov for one.
[i]<scratchscreen> Oh, and you aim to make the advisory council have a higher say in what happens? [/i]
<MsAdel> Well at least get their opinions before decisions are finalized
<MsAdel> And be more open and accountable to the members as well
[i]<scratchscreen> So more democracy? [/i]
<MsAdel> Not quite that far,
<MsAdel> Final say still rests with the empress
[i]<scratchscreen> So, what can we expect to see from ROK in the coming weeks and months? [/i]
<MsAdel> We will be working to strengthen ourselves internally
[i]<scratchscreen> In preperation for anything, or just in case? [/i]
<MsAdel> Just in case but also the gov shake up has pointed out holes and things that need fixing
<MsAdel> So we will fix them.
[i]<scratchscreen> what sort of holes? [/i]
<MsAdel> Places where our previous gov had dropped the ball. Things which could be more efficient.
<MsAdel> Stuff like that
<MsAdel> And we will be reaching out to other alliances to get to know them better.
[i]<scratchscreen> oh ok. Thanks for your time! [/i]

Despite the controversy, NATO (who hold a protection treaty with RoK) have decided to maintain the treaty due to, what they call, "many wonderful and awesome individuals". Although RoK have not released an official statement on this (At the time of print" Adelheidi, a member of RoK, says "Thanks for your support."

[size="5"]DB4D and NAC[/size]
DB4D and NAC recently upgraded their Pride and Honour treaty. Below is a quote of the treaty's upgrades:
[quote]Article A- Mutual Defense:
DB4D and NAC will stand together in mutual defense. An attack on either NAC or DB4D will be considered an attack on both and will be responded to accordingly.

Article B- Aggression:
Should either DB4D or NAC find themselves in an aggressive war, or conducting aggressive military operations, the other party holds the option to assist in any way possible.

Article C- Intelligence:
All appropriate intel effecting either party will be shared among both parties.

Article D- Cancellation:
This document may be cancelled by either DB4D or NAC after a 72 hour notification.[/quote]

We were lucky to get this exclusive quote:
<mankiller> all I see, is a ship at sea, all the crew an important part of the functions of the ship
<mankiller> should a part become defective, another will take its place, as the stability of the ship is paramount, all the while, something is lost, while something is gained, men falling overboard, cannons blasting the broadsides, all this tests the ship
Mankiller- Co-Minister of Foreign Affairs

Also, these two quotes were also found on the forums
"This is a good day for the both of us. " Thom98-Triumvirate NAC
"I like this. A lot." Erixxxx- Supreme Regent DB4D

Thanks for reading!

Edited by ScratchScreen

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1328306425' post='2914012']
What is the point of this thread? I believe the above cockroach level intelligent masses are aware that a coup occurred in Ragnarok and that they have issues....
[/quote]
So all the info is THERE! New members would have to crawl through all the threads and do a lot of research to know what any of the threads are on about! Also, I just wanted to make the big stories of the moment clearer, so people knew what was going on. Finally, the interview is exclusive, and can't be found anywhere else. It just means everything is in one place, is concise and easy to read and understand!

The fact he's eliciting[s] positive or [/s]negative emotion from any of you means he has already won.

ScratchScreen is Ragnarok's true uslurper.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1328310000' post='2914047']
How much time elapsed between you asking the question and receiving an answer?
[/quote]
uh.......................................................................................................................................................................giggle.............................four

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1328430248' post='2914861']
uh.......................................................................................................................................................................giggle.............................four
[/quote]

Four what? Minutes? Hours? Days?

Once again the people who complain loudest about the state of the forums prove their own point.

ScratchScreen, if you want to do a current events-type newsjournal, do it weekly, and try to make it interesting by hitting angles that were missed, or focusing on a piece of information that might have gotten glazed-over in the avalanche of replies. Good luck with your project.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328608552' post='2916056']
this guy is wasted in deinos.
[/quote]

Better than being a waste of life.

ScratchScreen - If you're looking for a more positive response, maybe put a bit more time and effort into each "issue" that you publish.

ScratchScreen don't listen to any of these Neanderthals, they don't know a quality piece when they see it. Anyone who has stared into the abyss of the toilet before the flush can see clearly that this indeed is a wonderfully crafted nugget. IT likely took you a long time to squeeze it out, and while it may appear to some to have been plopped onto the screen remember as the artist of this piece only you can truly appreciate its aromatic prose.

In the end, everyone value's !@#$ differently.

Edited by Thorgrum

I'm disappointed that my interview didn't make it in. I'm going to post it here so everyone can see how amazing we are for... rebuilding to 1M.

14:43] <scratchscreen> Hi, are you a member of Siberian Tigers?
01[14:43] <pezstar> I'm the chancellor, yes.
[14:44] <scratchscreen> Hello, I'm Scratchscreen-from In Layman's Terms (OWF News Snippets sort of thing)...would you mind if I asked you a few questions?
01[14:44] <pezstar> Sure.
[14:45] <scratchscreen> Congrats on 1 million strength. How do you think you achieved it?
01[14:45] <pezstar> Oh, the same way most rebuilding alliances do. Warchests and a lot of help from friends.
[14:45] <scratchscreen> Friends?
[14:46] <scratchscreen> You have friends?
01[14:46] <pezstar> Yes. OBR and TPF have sent us a lot of rebuilding aid. TPF asked NPO to send us aid, and they've sent some as well.
[14:46] <scratchscreen> What would you change if you could go back and do something differently?
01[14:47] <pezstar> That's a broad question. Ever? In regards to the war? What do you mean?
[14:47] <scratchscreen> With regard to your rebuilding
[14:48] <scratchscreen> There must be some regrets. Do you wish you'd acted faster, for example?
01[14:49] <pezstar> We've started rebuilding like 2 weeks ago. We haven't hit any speedbumps yet. We haven't even started our own rebuilding plan yet, other than accept the aid, wait 20 days, buy infra, collect. So no, nothing yet.
[14:49] <scratchscreen> What advice would you give to rebuilding alliances?
[14:51] <scratchscreen> And what one statement could you offer about your rebuilding?
01[14:53] <pezstar> I appreciate the sentiment, but we've been rebuilding for 2 weeks. Our allies aren't even out of the war. We've barely scratched the surface of our rebuild, which takes MONTHS. So really, regarding rebuilding, there's really nothing to say.
[14:53] <scratchscreen> One sentence statement about everything....
01[14:54] <pezstar> "Why are you ghosting VE?"
[14:54] <scratchscreen> Because they are strong, and I can.