Path of leaving

XRCatD

So this year I made it a new year's resolution to quit Cybernations, as I've stayed with this game for too long and it's been the same events over and over again. After wondering for many days what sort of things I could do before I quit, I initially decided on the traditional rogue method that involves starting a war with someone you know, and then quitting after that war.

However, after starting the war, the friend told me that he did not appreciate the war, and we peaced, because it's not fun to do something against a friend's will. So I tried discussing with another friend on what would be something else that could be fun to do, and we realized it would be fun to coup a vocal one-man alliance, as the addition of another person doubles the membership of the alliance, and thus no single person can be considered a majority. Basically, a coup "for the lulz"

I had great respect for RV's in game character, so it was indeed fun watching his response for a few posts. However when that moment of fun faded away, I decided it was probably best to try roguing again, as I had money on my nation and it would be completely wasted if it just disappeared overnight via deletion. Simultaneously, I tried creating a blog to see what it would feel like making random-posts that comment on the game.

I decided to pick the alliance whose ideas were the most similar to my course of action. It appeared that GOONS did most of their actions "for the lulz", which kinda fell in line with what I was doing, a coup then a war "for the lulz". However, before I send the first nuke in this war (at which point it is, in the short term, the point of no return), I wonder if there are more fun options to consider. I was a bit uncomfortable doing actions that made many of the people I've respected post their disapproval (although I know those are only in-character disapprovals)...

[b][size="5"]So I'm wondering, do you guys have any other suggestions for fun-things-to-do-before-disappearing?[/size][/b]
like maybe trying to make a Moldavi doctrine for black or something and have raided black nations ask me for aid/reparations?
(this is like a brainstorm for a 100-places-to-visit-before-you-die or 100-things-to-do-before-you-die post)

(Also, don't suggest "send me all your tech", because there are more than enough people I am already planning on sending tech or money to that can fill my slots for longer than the number of days remaining.)

I'm also considering playing the war in the most wasteful manner possible--such as selling infra to declare, then rebuying lost infra, land, and tech, along with sending air attacks against full AADNed air forces... but that's only pixels-related fun, just like any war, and will become pretty monotonous in the next few days.

I can make a tentative list here. Future people who want some fun before leaving can feel free to try any of these, as I will add on to these as we brainstorm further in the thread:
[quote]Fun things to try before leaving
1. Coup a one-man alliance.
2. Start a blog
3. Start a Moldavi doctrine or something similar... like a reparations board for nations that get raided (XRCatD); Also declare wars in defense of them (White Chocolate)
4. Start a very wasteful war
5. Join an alliance you don't like and then post your own version of "This week in ..." (supercoolyellow)
6. Become an opposite character in game and on OWF (jerdge)
7. Join FAN and announce all their treaties (ShouAS)
8. Random Aid packages, then post a blog with PMs (White Chocolate)
9. Make an alliance of Imminent quitters and do serious damage (Freddy)[/quote]

Edited by XRCatD

I'm thinking of something along the lines of joining a pow AA. If you find the right one with the right members, you could do some interesting stuff.

Also, an AA for imenent quitters might be the fastest growing AA. Several nations like yours could do some interesting things.

Anyways, GL in RL.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325963240' post='2894944']
Join an alliance you don't like and then post your own version of "This week in ..."
[/quote]

And make crazy official announcements for them, too. Like changes in government and DoWs.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325963240' post='2894944']
Join an alliance you don't like and then post your own version of "This week in ..."
[/quote]
This wins the thread. I will be trying something similar very soon.

tl;dr
also:
[quote name='XRCatD' timestamp='1325954964' post='2894830']
It appeared that GOONS did most of their actions "for the lulz",
[/quote]
If you think we do ANYTHING for that dirty 4chan word, you clearly don't know us very well. Have fun being easily forgettable rogue #397

[quote name='XRCatD' timestamp='1325968483' post='2895024']
This wins the thread. I will be trying something similar very soon.
[/quote]
Who here can see the obvious problem with this plan? Anyone?

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='XRCatD' timestamp='1325954964' post='2894830'][...] as I've stayed with this game for too long and it's been the same events over and over again. [...][/quote]
Why don't [i]you[/i] do something new? Leaving for boredom just doesn't make sense, and going rogue is so cliché...

I don't know what you've done until now, but you can start by doing the opposite. I know that when I'll grow tired of my current character I'll try to see what it is to turn to the dark side.

I didn't mean copying it by letter. There are other ways of spying/getting information than joining an alliance.

Also sardonic, the goal is not to be remembered, but to have fun. Either way, the roguing was done on an alliance (or set of alliances) that appreciates fighting them, which makes it more fun. (GOONS often fights unaligned nations, and this is effectively an unaligned nation fighting GOONS. All that changes is who declares the war.) It doesn't matter if the rogue gets forgotten, as there is no point trying to get remembered if the rogue is leaving.

Hm jerdge that is a good suggestion. I'll add it into the OP. However to RP an opposite character will still require quite a bit of time that most players considering leaving won't want to stay for.

Edited by XRCatD

I find that doing random acts of kindness confuse people way more on CN (and thus is fun in it's own way) than anything else. Start giving away free tech and cash to random people. See what responses you get. Maybe post the best ones in a blog.

Help someone defend themselves against someone else. Just a random person. They can be in an alliance war or not - who cares. Make it as official looking as possible by writing "defending (person's name)" in your war reason.

When all your nukes are gone, move into non-aligned, don't buy any back but keep your MP and other war wonders and when some tech raider doesn't pay attention but just attacks (regardless what alliance he or she is from) give the person a fight to remember. It really will not take that long for someone to attack you - might even have all your slots full overnight. Then go on a "righteous" rampage against those who were fool enough to attack you and find out how long before they are begging to be let out of the war they started :D Maybe post the best begging in a blog. You could copy GOONS style - a make fun of their tears.

Edited by White Chocolate

I still think the imenent quitters AA is the best. Three nations like yours, with no care for the future - could wreck havoc. Your limited slots makes anything you may choose to do - limited. If you triple team someone, or rain aid down on someone it would make a difference. You can call the alliance IDGAF.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1326121606' post='2896295']
I find that doing random acts of kindness confuse people way more on CN (and thus is fun in it's own way) than anything else. Start giving away free tech and cash to random people. See what responses you get. Maybe post the best ones in a blog.

Help someone defend themselves against someone else. Just a random person. They can be in an alliance war or not - who cares. Make it as official looking as possible by writing "defending (person's name)" in your war reason.

When all your nukes are gone, move into non-aligned, don't buy any back but keep your MP and other war wonders and when some tech raider doesn't pay attention but just attacks (regardless what alliance he or she is from) give the person a fight to remember. It really will not take that long for someone to attack you - might even have all your slots full overnight. Then go on a "righteous" rampage against those who were fool enough to attack you and find out how long before they are begging to be let out of the war they started :D Maybe post the best begging in a blog. You could copy GOONS style - a make fun of their tears.
[/quote]

That's a good idea, similar to the Moldavi-doctrine-for-black idea, except mine was more about aiding those who are being raided, since it's unlikely your nation is in range of most nations getting raided. I'll add this to the OP.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1326125420' post='2896319']
I still think the imenent quitters AA is the best. Three nations like yours, with no care for the future - could wreck havoc. Your limited slots makes anything you may choose to do - limited. If you triple team someone, or rain aid down on someone it would make a difference. You can call the alliance IDGAF.
[/quote]

Will add to OP.

holy $%&@, your new years resolution was to quit CN?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I mean... Just kidding :P

I'm also on the same path my friend, may apathy be with us.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1326152094' post='2896526']
holy $%&@, your new years resolution was to quit CN?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I mean... Just kidding :P

I'm also on the same path my friend, may apathy be with
us.
[/quote]

Join forces...do bad things.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1326098442' post='2896227']
If you think we do ANYTHING for that dirty 4chan word, you clearly don't know us very well. Have fun being easily forgettable rogue #397
[/quote]

I was #1 :P