Recognition of Angry People

Logan

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1317694011' post='2815334']
While Tetris did provoke Legion, there are two key differences between this and many other similar situations:

1) Tetris actually took serious steps on their own to redress the situation, both by punishing those responsible and by attempting to cooperate with Legion.

2) Legion declared war anyway.

Odd.
[/quote]

I dont get where this whole idea of Tetris being wronged is coming from. I remember when NPO tried the same route. You know that whole getting new gov and saying sorry (and gettin beatdown) amd they got declared on for what they did years ago. This all happened a week ago? Suck it up Tetris.

Edited by Maverick87

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in response to all the !@#$ Legion has been provoked with in the past few months, this was a perfectly legitimate response. They want to show people that they need to stop stepping over them, and I can respect that.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1317692733' post='2815286']
Since when does resigning a few days before, leave an alliance unaccountable for what their leaders do?

How many TOP members are saying "Gee, AMG is no longer emperor, so I'll put my grudge asside."?
[/quote]

Sponge being removed and replaced by Grub did nothing to appease the NPO and friends either. It seems history is littered with alliances being held accountable for their actions regardless of a leadership change.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1317695036' post='2815356']
I think in response to all the !@#$ Legion has been provoked with in the past few months, this was a perfectly legitimate response. They want to show people that they need to stop stepping over them, and I can respect that.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I believe most agree with that. I can only hope that Legion can retain this newfound pride even after its defeat. Such an attitude will serve them well in the future. Quite frankly with this move whatever past criticisms of Legion I have had are evaporated. The alliance has changed. Still, that does not mean I shall tolerate this attack on Tetris.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317695526' post='2815367']
[color="#0000FF"]I believe most agree with that. I can only hope that Legion can retain this newfound pride even after its defeat. Such an attitude will serve them well in the future. Quite frankly with this move whatever past criticisms of Legion I have had are evaporated. The alliance has changed. Still, that does not mean I shall tolerate this attack on Tetris.[/color]
[/quote]

What. You guys are loving this. Of course you tolerate this. NSO has been wanting this for all of summer and now you get it. It's a win-win, honestly.

[/quote]

Looks like we've come full circle to war once again, RV, in a manner of speaking. Politics sure is an ironic mistress.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1317695683' post='2815370']
What. You guys are loving this. Of course you tolerate this. NSO has been wanting this for all of summer and now you get it. It's a win-win, honestly.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I tolerate no attacks on NSO allies. My rule has always been one of unconditional support. Right or wrong. It is irrelevant.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]I believe most agree with that. I can only hope that Legion can retain this newfound pride even after its defeat. [/color]
[/quote]
I would have thought Legion would be able to take on NSO and Tetris.

[quote name='Ridin High' timestamp='1317690069' post='2815183']
[center]So we recognize many things today. We recognize that our efforts of reconciliation were for not. We recognize that the stances of one overthrown administration can be approvingly attributed to the newer, more apologetic one. We recognize that one alliance can claim for themselves the status of defender, when it is been the other who had been the declarer. And of course, we recognize that The Legion has declared war on our alliance.[/center]
[/quote]

'Overthrown' is quite a stretch from what actually happened, which is more along the lines of 'election'.

As this was an aggressive action willfully perpetrated with the support of the government of The Legion, All alliances that enter in defense of their action will be treated as aggressors and dealt with as such. Tetris does not enter into this lightly and has explored all avenues of diplomatic resolution. The direct attack upon my alliance can not be tolerated, [b]nor can the act of government sponsored protection of person(s) involved in said act.[/b]
[/quote]
May I ask what person Legion is protecting?

Me thinks you forgot to double check your copy-paste. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1317695803' post='2815374']
Not sure about that one.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Perhaps unconditional was not the choicest of words. In major wars NSO chooses sides. You had sided with our enemies. None of us blame you for that. Our enemies were not yours, and many of our allies had wronged you during BiPolar. That you were able to find your own and a successful foreign policy is commendable. But you cannot blame us for not wishing to side with alliances who for over a year had been actively hunting NSO.

But this is a different situation. There are no coalitions, and this is by no means a global war. Siding with our ally, and providing support does not mean we have to support our enemies (or abandon the majority of our other allies). The two situations are not comparable.[/color]

Someone stopped their politics education at an Associates. Let's take this one piece by piece.

Hello everyone. I didn't expect us to be making an appearance on this bulletin board used for important communications with the world again so soon, but someone has made our presence here necessary.[/quote]Yes, it was Hereno

[quote] So apparently our alliance is getting attacked for the previous administration's actions of posting second, third, or forth hand snippets of their general membership forums in a public venue. So I went ahead and rounded up support from everyone and took back control. Then I went and talked to a couple of Legion people for awhile and said I would launch an investigation to root out the mole on their forum, even though I had nothing to do with it, and had found out about the screenshots the same way most of you did. This was the very night I was placed as Game Developer and would be the last time we would speak, they made no efforts to follow up before this declaration.[/quote]Tetris screwed up, Tetris should go to Legion. Legion should not have to hunt you down to get answers from you, especially if the goal of your gov switch was to make things right.

[quote]So we recognize many things today. We recognize that our efforts of reconciliation were for not.[/quote] Were for "naught."

[quote]We recognize that the stances of one overthrown administration can be approvingly attributed to the newer, more apologetic one.[/quote] A gov switchup doesn't change what Tetris the alliance did.

[quote]We recognize that one alliance can claim for themselves the status of defender, when it is been the other who had been the declarer. And of course, we recognize that The Legion has declared war on our alliance.
As this was an aggressive action willfully perpetrated with the support of the government of The Legion, All alliances that enter in defense of their action will be treated as aggressors and dealt with as such. [/quote]Spying is an aggressive act of war. The rsponse to an act of war is another act of war, say, counter-spying, or military retaliation. Legion has attacked you in response to your aggressive actions, they are defending themselves.

[quote]Tetris does not enter into this lightly [/quote]
Tetris seemed to be taking this pretty lightly with a topic title of "Sup, Legion?"

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1317695839' post='2815376']
I would have thought Legion would be able to take on NSO and Tetris.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I highly doubt that they are capable of winning. Still, it is a commendable action Legion, and fighting a losing battle because they have pride, it is a good sign. As I have been saying, when this is over perhaps there is some hope for Legion.[/color]

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1317695963' post='2815378']
'Overthrown' is quite a stretch from what actually happened, which is more along the lines of 'election'.
[/quote]

Holding a Vote of No Confidence on a position that isn't elected is elected? Nice one bro.

[quote name='Kochers' timestamp='1317695987' post='2815379']
May I ask what person Legion is protecting?

Me thinks you forgot to double check your copy-paste. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

The ones who are making attacks upon my alliance of course. I forgot nothing.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1317696512' post='2815390']
RV, you've been tripping all over yourself here with your props to Legion. What's going on?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It seems they have found some pride. I am capable of respecting that, even if I do continue to feel that Legion is an incompetent mess of an alliance. I still do hope they retain pride even after the defeat. If they can do that there is some hope they may make themselves into something more than a complete joke, but if they lose their pride with the loss, well, then they're back to being hopeless.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317696300' post='2815387']
[color="#0000FF"]I highly doubt that they are capable of winning. Still, it is a commendable action Legion, and fighting a losing battle because they have pride, it is a good sign. As I have been saying, when this is over perhaps there is some hope for Legion.[/color]
[/quote]

Quit your pandering and bring it already. We'll see you soon.

[quote name='T.Hubb' timestamp='1317696760' post='2815398']
[/quote]

I like your style, sir.

RV, you come across as uncertain, even fearful. I'm not sure if that's your intent. But there it is.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317696146' post='2815384']
Someone stopped their politics education at an Associates. Let's take this one piece by piece.[/quote]

Associates? Ouch man you totally got me there.

[quote]Yes, it was Hereno[/quote]

Pretty sure we got attacked by Legion man.

[quote]Tetris screwed up, Tetris should go to Legion. Legion should not have to hunt you down to get answers from you, especially if the goal of your gov switch was to make things right.[/quote]

We did go to Legion. If they wanted the information faster they could have come back to us, since you know I thought we were on cool speaking terms and all. At least that's the impression both of their representatives gave me.

[quote]Were for "naught."[/quote]

Oh a spelling mistake, I obviously cannot be trusted.

[quote]A gov switchup doesn't change what Tetris the alliance did.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't have a time machine, of course I can't change what we did in the past. What I did was take correct action, which actually shows we were sincere. And a government overhaul most certainly changes the believes of the government.

[quote]Spying is an aggressive act of war. The rsponse to an act of war is another act of war, say, counter-spying, or military retaliation. Legion has attacked you in response to your aggressive actions, they are defending themselves.[/quote]

Good thing we didn't spy, so this whole part is irrelevant. So why are we at war?

[quote]Tetris seemed to be taking this pretty lightly with a topic title of "Sup, Legion?"
[/quote]

[i]Woooooooooooooooosh[/i]

Hereno is not quite so bright for spying on Legion... C'mon, [i]against[/i] Legion?!?! This is a joke, guys. Seriously, that move is like kicking a man in the balls, except it's a woman.

Anyway, props to Legion for taking this measure seriously and growing its reputation as a kind of an alliance to not screw around with. (About time).

[quote name='T.Hubb' timestamp='1317696760' post='2815398']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I have no need to pander to you, but you have taken a great first step towards redeeming your image as an alliance. I simply am trying to inspire you to not all your spirits to be crushed by this defeat. I ask only that you listen to me, as I have nothing but your best interests at heart.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317696300' post='2815387']
[/quote]
For the record RV, I am not rooting for Legion. In fact I personally can't stand them and I am quite fond of NSO. This situation is probably going to put us in a really crappy position. From our perspective the sooner this comes to an end the better.

[quote name='Lord Hershey' timestamp='1317696952' post='2815404']
Hereno is not quite so bright for spying on Legion... C'mon, [i]against[/i] Legion?!?! This is a joke, guys. Seriously, that move is like kicking a man in the balls, except it's a woman.

Anyway, props to Legion for taking this measure seriously and growing its reputation as a kind of an alliance to not screw around with. (About time).
[/quote]

Do you have proof Hereno spied on The Legion?