Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318355136' post='2822936']
Maybe he was expecting you to do at least as much damage as you recieved :awesome:
[/quote]

Ok fine you made me bite this one.

It is a miss conception that wars are won or lost on NS alone. You seem intelligent enough to understand that it has a lot to do with the drive and war wariness that alliances have. It annoys me to read members of Legion and members of our side debate this who is winning crap since no one will know until the final bell has sounded and peace terms are given.

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1318386516' post='2823191']
Ok fine you made me bite this one.

It is a miss conception that wars are won or lost on NS alone. You seem intelligent enough to understand that it has a lot to do with the drive and war wariness that alliances have. It annoys me to read members of Legion and members of our side debate this who is winning crap since no one will know until the final bell has sounded and peace terms are given.
[/quote]

Pretty much this ^^. In an equal fight, commonsense dictates that the amount of NS lost by both parties will be roughly equal and as we can all see, that is occurring. The crucial factors are A) which side is prepared to lose more NS in the pursuit of victory and B) which alliance has the greater financial reserves [b]and ability[/b] to distribute these financial reserves.

Everything else is of no concern.

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1318386516' post='2823191']
It annoys me to read members of Legion and members of our side debate this who is winning crap since no one will know until the final bell has sounded and peace terms are given.
[/quote]

I agree, but you can't fault them for doing a bit of chest thumping, considering you guys nearly caved your chests in doing it.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1318387622' post='2823216']
I agree, but you can't fault them for doing a bit of chest thumping, considering you guys nearly caved your chests in doing it.
[/quote]

Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on? :awesome:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[/quote]

Well, I should make a spine reference like a true Sith would. :P

Yes, I can understand it as well but it doesn't change the fact that it is pointless and complete non sense. We aren't talking about a curb stomp or a "let's pass NPO around like a joint" war here.

[quote name='Left_Behind' timestamp='1318388518' post='2823223']
Yes, I can understand it as well but it doesn't change the fact that it is pointless and complete non sense. We aren't talking about a curb stomp or a "let's pass NPO around like a joint" war here.
[/quote]

Right, and it is pleasing to see, is it not?

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1318385624' post='2823183']
someone please DoW soon, this is such a boring war
[/quote]

Sorry, this is a private party. Maybe next time you'll leave your card at the front desk and you [b]might[/b] get an invite.

[/quote]

Nearly? Im still wearing a cast waiting for my breastbone to heal :-p

EDIT: You mean we weren't supposed to use hammers? Why does NO ONE tell me these things? ::)

Edited by Krunk the Great

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318355136' post='2822936']
Maybe he was expecting you to do at least as much damage as you recieved :awesome:
[/quote]
It's easy to stem the loss of NS when you've got standing orders for your nations to buy infra after every GA/nuke/Air strike/CM that happens to do damage.

The problem is that you guys are gonna go broke fast, doing that...And well, we won't.

We don't mind playing the long game, you know? I just hope your guys' handler conveyed the downside of the bet your alliance made when embarking upon this strategy. :smug:

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318524151' post='2824128']
It's easy to stem the loss of NS when you've got standing orders for your nations to buy infra after every GA/nuke/Air strike/CM that happens to do damage.

The problem is that you guys are gonna go broke fast, doing that...And well, we won't.

We don't mind playing the long game, you know? I just hope your guys' handler conveyed the downside of the bet your alliance made when embarking upon this strategy. :smug:
[/quote]

No, we don't. In fact, we're ordered to [b]NOT[/b] buy infra for the duration of war, just rebuy [b]military[/b]. Get your facts straight.

[center][img]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10553752.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318535048' post='2824188']
No, we don't. In fact, we're ordered to [b]NOT[/b] buy infra for the duration of war, just rebuy [b]military[/b]. Get your facts straight.

[/quote]
Uh huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

How odd. It seems that there are a large number of your active, warring, nations that are disregarding this apparent "order". I guess I better compile a list of screenshots so you can reprimand those insubordinate members of yours?

But Im sure that you guys have such high levels of internal coordination and communication that you don't need the help, am I right? :smug:

Well, either way, the offer is on the table, just drop me a PM if you'd like.

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318536930' post='2824201']
Uh huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

How odd. It seems that there are a large number of your active, warring, nations that are disregarding this apparent "order". I guess I better compile a list of screenshots so you can reprimand those insubordinate members of yours?

But Im sure that you guys have such high levels of internal coordination and communication that you don't need the help, am I right? :smug:

[/quote]

Buying infra to support GCs is a good move.

As for large nations buying infra to stem losses, that's utter !@#$%^&* and you're obviously talking out of your ass.

You guys just aren't doing as much damage to our infra... :smug:

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318537078' post='2824203']
Buying infra to support GCs is a good move.

As for [b]large nations[/b] buying infra to stem losses, that's utter !@#$%^&* and you're obviously talking out of your ass.

You guys just aren't doing as much damage to our infra... :smug:
[/quote]
Now that's an interesting quantifier. When did I say that your buying of infra was limited to your large nations? Methinks the one talking out of your ass is entirely yourself. :smug:

But come now, you're really going to say that nukes don't [b]really[/b] destroy all that much infra? That's certainly an...interesting claim.

Mind backing it up? Even a Legionairre's nukes take their toll on infrastructure over time, y'know?

Edit: Improper possessive

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318536930' post='2824201']
[/quote]

[center][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/s6t25z.png[/img][/center]

Yes, the offer is [b]indeed[/b] on the table:

If you wish to exit the conflict then please:

1. Change your alliance affiliation to Legion POW.
2. Decom all tanks, aircraft, navy, nukes, CMs, war improvements, and release all but 20% of your soldiers. 3 MDs and 3 Satellites can be kept for an SDI.
3. Do not aid, in any form, any nation currently at war or planning to be at war with The Legion, her allies, or her cause as a whole.
4. Issue a statement of surrender in the following thread stating your compliance with te above. *http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213*

Upon doing so, attacks will cease on your nation. Abusing or breaking terms of surrender will result in continued attack and loss of the rights and privileges of a POW. POWs will be released once a ceasefire is declared.

So hurry up and join all the cool kids already.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318537401' post='2824205']
Now that's an interesting quantifier. When did I say that your buying of infra was limited to your large nations? Methinks the one talking out of your ass is entirely yourself. :smug:

But come now, you're really going to say that nukes don't [b]really[/b] destroy all that much infra? That's certainly an...interesting claim.

Mind backing it up? Even a Legionairre's nukes take their toll on infrastructure over time, y'know?

Edit: Improper possessive
[/quote]

Just fight. Fight until someone has to surrender. If you can't summon the courage for that get some more allies to send you cash to make you feel better. For the love of admin though please just shut up you deluded fool.

BTW. Ask Varianz if you're little presents mean I've won my bet or whether in his view aid doesn't count.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318537665' post='2824207']
[center][img]http://i53.tinypic.com/s6t25z.png[/img][/center]

Yes, the offer is [b]indeed[/b] on the table:

[/quote]
[ooc]Either that is a truly wonderful shop job, or...I feel bad for the guy who went and posed for that photo[/ooc]

But, yeah...An excellent evasion. My full compliments to you. At least you could try and justify it, like Smurf over here is, rather than resorting to tired old talking points that no one other than yourselves find clever. Or propaganda that engenders more pity than genuine support towards your cause.

eDIT:[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1318537828' post='2824210']
Just fight. Fight until someone has to surrender. If you can't summon the courage for that get some more allies to send you cash to make you feel better. For the love of admin though please just shut up you deluded fool.

BTW. Ask Varianz if you're little presents mean I've won my bet or whether in his view aid doesn't count.
[/quote]
lol

Considering the stuff coming from a great number of your (present) comrades, it takes a great brass pair to call anyone deluded, or a fool, for that matter.

And I don't know, I think that aid doesn't count, after all, if it did, someone would already be doing something to GATO and TLR about it, wouldnt they?

By the way, make no mistake, I am fighting, in my own way and on the battlefield, which is a lot more than a sizable percentage of your alliance can claim to their credit. So please, by all means, continue with the hypocrisy, it makes my efforts all the more worthwhile to engage in.

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318537897' post='2824211']
[ooc]Either that is a truly wonderful shop job, or...I feel bad for the guy who went and posed for that photo[/ooc]

But, yeah...An excellent evasion. My full compliments to you. At least you could try and justify it, like Smurf over here is, rather than resorting to tired old talking points that no one other than yourselves find clever. Or propaganda that engenders more pity than genuine support towards your cause.

lol

Considering the stuff coming from a great number of your (present) comrades, it takes a great brass pair to call anyone deluded, or a fool, for that matter.

And I don't know, I think that aid doesn't cut, after all, if it did, someone would already be doing something to GATO and TLR about it, wouldnt they?

By the way, make no mistake, I am fighting, in my own way and on the battlefield, which is a lot more than a sizable percentage of your alliance can claim to their credit. So please, by all means, continue with the hypocrisy, it makes my efforts all the more worthwhile to engage in.
[/quote]

The aid provision in our surrender terms is for declared combatants, Darth FluffyBunny. We like the aidfall from TlR & GATO, just means there's more to take home when our GAs do their grocery runs. We're almost at the end of Round 2, and nobody thought we'd make it 3 days. And I notice NSO's getting aidfalls as well. WCs ain't quite as big as you tried letting on they were, eh?