An Announcement from TLR and NPO

Voodoo Nova

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wentworth' timestamp='1316743943' post='2806412']
Funny, I translated the last set of logs as him saying, "ok". Could be mistaken though.

O/ our new allies.
[/quote]

Ok is just 'k' with an o in front of it. We all know what text that simply says 'k' means.

Anyways, looking forward to great things with this treaty NPO! Glad to have such controversial allies and I'm sure you are as well!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316636111' post='2805427']
Alliances are political entities and the rulers of their consituent nations who are politically-minded are perfectly right--and I would say obligated--to "bail" on an alliance if they find that the alliance's politics no longer flush with their personal politics/ideals. Are you honestly saying that once a nation joins an alliance then they are inextricably linked forever even if their is a radical shift in policy? Don't be stupid. It is intelligent and thoughtful rulers like Sal and Blacky that benefit alliances and who exercise the greatest logic in this world.[/quote]

As ruler of Spinoza, I retain the right to take back any sovereignty I turn over to alliances I join. Other people might be wilful drones and attempt to pressure others into self-imposed serfdom with loyalist propaganda, but I believe that all alliance government, even in undemocratic alliances, exercises its power by the consent of the governed. I do not consent to defending the NPO in war. Is it not better for me to leave now, well before any possible war, so that I do not either abandon the alliance in its time of need or compromise my principles?

In Ventus' world, apparently not. By leaving TLR over a fundamental disagreement in principles, I am some kind of traitor. By expressing my opinions on this treaty, I have turned my back on what CnG or TLR represents. If Ventus believes that the abusive denouncing of dissent is necessary to consolidate the great ODP revolution, then he is less confident in this treaty than he lets on.

[quote name='Ventus' timestamp='1316643015' post='2805491']
No, Sal's idea of what CnG's ideals are is a mere shell of what they really are. He started in '09, after KARMA, so he doesn't even know what we stood for.[/quote]

If I started in 2009 [i]after[/i] Karma, how come my name is listed on the Greenland Republic's DoW against the NPO in the Karma War? It was so long ago that I wouldn't expect anyone to remember I was MoI of the Greenland Republic at the outset of Karma, nor would I expect my involvement in the war to be of any relevance to this debate. But for some reason you not only tried to make it relevant but completely reverse the reality of it. You're the one that went out of your way to unearth my activities then, how could you have possibly gotten it so wrong?

I can tell you how. You don't think critically. You believe only what you want to believe. Your arguments in support of this treaty are delusional inventions. Most other posters have used completely different logic to support it, and when they did you immediately regurgitated it. You obviously didn't think about why you should support this treaty; you simply supported it unquestioningly and found your reasons after the fact. When it came to my disagreements, your backwards logic jumped to the disloyalty angle and so you fabricated details of my past to fit that narrative.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1316758501' post='2806579']
As ruler of Spinoza, I retain the right to take back any sovereignty I turn over to alliances I join. Other people might be wilful drones and attempt to pressure others into self-imposed serfdom with loyalist propaganda, but I believe that all alliance government, even in undemocratic alliances, exercises its power by the consent of the governed. I do not consent to defending the NPO in war. Is it not better for me to leave now, well before any possible war, so that I do not either abandon the alliance in its time of need or compromise my principles?

In Ventus' world, apparently not. By leaving TLR over a fundamental disagreement in principles, I am some kind of traitor. By expressing my opinions on this treaty, I have turned my back on what CnG or TLR represents. If Ventus believes that the abusive denouncing of dissent is necessary to consolidate the great ODP revolution, then he is less confident in this treaty than he lets on.

If I started in 2009 [i]after[/i] Karma, how come my name is listed on the Greenland Republic's DoW against the NPO in the Karma War? It was so long ago that I wouldn't expect anyone to remember I was MoI of the Greenland Republic at the outset of Karma, nor would I expect my involvement in the war to be of any relevance to this debate. But for some reason you not only tried to make it relevant but completely reverse the reality of it. You're the one that went out of your way to unearth my activities then, how could you have possibly gotten it so wrong?

I can tell you how. You don't think critically. You believe only what you want to believe. Your arguments in support of this treaty are delusional inventions. Most other posters have used completely different logic to support it, and when they did you immediately regurgitated it. You obviously didn't think about why you should support this treaty; you simply supported it unquestioningly and found your reasons after the fact. When it came to my disagreements, your backwards logic jumped to the disloyalty angle and so you fabricated details of my past to fit that narrative.
[/quote]

While Ventus is free to believe what he likes, his opinions do not represent that of TLR. We are saddened to hear of your disapproval of this treaty and we hope that one day you'll be able to forgive us and until that day comes, we wish you nothing but the best of luck!

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1316405055' post='2803442']
[center]

[left]There comes a time when two enemies decide to move on from the past. Our past will never be forgotten, but the time has come to move on from it. The lessons that were learned from that era will be with us as we move forward today. With that said, I now present to you, the treaty TLR and NPO have signed.
[/left]

[/center]
[/quote]

This is truly a momentous occasion. Game-changing, perhaps...

Well let's see how many things are wrong with this post...

No, Sal's idea of what CnG's ideals are is a mere shell of what they really are. He started in '09, after KARMA, so he doesn't even know what we stood for.

I would disagree. ODN have become staunch allies, something that they didn't do back in the day.

That is why everyone is bashing Sal, not just TLR and NPO either. This move was by no means risky, it's a win/win for both sides. We know that, NPO knows that. Sal apparently did not know that. This was not a radical shift in policy as TLR has always stood for giving alliances second chances and so has CnG, the fact that you did not know that only shows that you and Sal do not know what you are talking about.

There will be not be another DH means there will be no more preemptive strikes on NPO. Don't pretend like you don't know how DH was announced.[/quote]
Ventus, are you being serious? This just strikes me as humorous. I mean "TLR has always stood for second chances" Always since, what, 3 months ago? With your own government back-pedaling on your all-over-the-map crackpot posts, I think we can file this one under D for Done.

Also don't tell me to shut it, more people listen to what I say then what you say. You are widely regarded as ignorant.
[/quote]
Keep dreaming. There are very few rulers lucky enough to be living in their own shadows.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1316779676' post='2806628']
This is truly a momentous occasion. Game-changing, perhaps...
[/quote]
The opposite. It's the most played-out move on Bob. KO'ed alliance gets thrown a bone by the champ.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1316541607' post='2804563']
It would be the height of naievete to assume that TLR's government and membership have not been heavily influenced by my values and thinking, and even that I do not still communicate with my friends as often as I take time to muster a little activity. It would be foolish to assume that I would abandon my children. They have left the nest, or perhaps the nest has left them, but they have done well and I am proud of them.

I look forward to all of my friends continuing to draw closer together politically. :)
[/quote]

This is what I had envisioned Londo's statement as being. LOL

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1316798783' post='2806731']
Aww, are you jealous cause you didn't get one too? All you had to do was ask. :blush:
[/quote]
ODN are certainly experts in the field. Maybe I [i]will [/i]get in touch with Viceroy Sponge and ask him for a treaty with ODN.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316799150' post='2806735']
ODN are certainly experts in the field. Maybe I [i]will [/i]get in touch with Viceroy Sponge and ask him for a treaty with ODN.
[/quote]
Please do. Tell him that we are lost without His wisdom.

Edited by Yankees Empire

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1316769276' post='2806614']
While Ventus is free to believe what he likes, his opinions do not represent that of TLR. We are saddened to hear of your disapproval of this treaty and we hope that one day you'll be able to forgive us and until that day comes, we wish you nothing but the best of luck!
[/quote]

There's nothing to forgive. As dramatic as some would like to make it, I have no ill will to TLR over this. It's as simple as my resignation thread made it. I don't want to defend the NPO, so I left. I do think that TLR's reasons for signing the treaty are wrong and that the NPO hasn't changed, but I wouldn't hold that against you.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1316799238' post='2806736']
Please do. Tell him that we are lost without His wisdom.
[/quote]

We all are.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1316820471' post='2806969']
You know it, lemur.
[/quote]

I like to think of it more like...

[img]http://top100of25.0catch.com/pictures/pages/dumb_and_dumber/4.jpg[/img]

Never thought I would be allied to NPO again after my history with the alliance. After all the discussions we have had , as an alliance , I am willing to bury the hatchet.

Cheers to our new allies. Let this be the first step towards strong and long lasting bonds!!

o/ NPO
o/ TLR

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1316769276' post='2806614']
[u][b]While Ventus is free to believe what he likes, his opinions do not represent that of TLR. [/b][/u]
[/quote]

This. We all have different believes and all that jazz. That's part of why we have so many treaties shot down recently, but that's better than having a treaty with an alliance that we don't like just for the sake of having "allies" unlike certain rivals/enemies of ours. Everyone can have an opinion, but I personally don't believe that one should leave due to a disagreement on one thing no matter how big it is but then again I am a patient man.

tl;dr Freedom, liberty, pursuit of happiness, to each his own, yada yada yada

Edited by Ventus

So much hate up in here. I fear the day we upgrade the treaty and I fear the backlash from everyone.

Wait... Did I just say that out loud? Silly me, our plans to coup and merge NPO have been said out loud. :smug:

Everyone just needs to chill out and relax. It's an ODP - Friends with benefits if you will. We've only jumped into bed together, it's not like we're married already. The outcry would happen to any alliance that actually has the balls to be on good terms with NPO and sign a new treaty with them, so if we fail, at least we can say we tried. At least we can say we had the courage to "just do it".