An Announcement from TLR and NPO

Voodoo Nova

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1316650744' post='2805566']
You must not read the OWF too often. I try not to either for the most part, but it's full of pretty blatant stuff. The issue you are alluding to is water under the bridge. It is interesting to see your members react like they did above though.
[/quote]

We aren't baiting you guys, we just don't believe most of what you say. We're not baiting you, we don't want to steal TOP's war! (it's a joke that's kind of not a joke)

Edited by Ventus

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='stealthypenguin93' timestamp='1316646793' post='2805521']
I loved reading through this thread so much. Could you imagine what the thread announcing NPO entering CnG would be like? :lol1:

o/TLR
o/NPO
[/quote]

Shhh... That comes later. Let's not explode too many heads yet.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1316647777' post='2805528']
We never 'ratted out' anyone. Grub misled TOP and others and we in no way deny what happened during the Bipolar War. I never have, and if you continue to think that we deny what happened in 2010, you are simply wrong.
[/quote]
If by misled you mean went to the enemey and gave them TOP's attack plans. SURE!

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1316633413' post='2805398']

My apologies to my horrible explanation previous. Particularly, no I do not think Vektor, Iamthey or Charles Stuart are cowards, so for my offense to you, again apologies.

/huggles to my Vektor stalker :)
[/quote]

Good to hear. I will take your word for it.

I will offer my congratulations again to both parties involved. It was a hard and long fought for treaty from what I have heard so again, congratulations to everyone involved.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1316643551' post='2805495']
Oh jesus, Polar has NO room to talk down to ANYONE on Bob. your alliance literally ratted out its entire coalition and to this day tries to deny it
[/quote]
No one has ever denied anything at all. It has just never been conceded. For the record, Polaris didn't form a coalition, Polaris attacked \m/. We didn't seek permission, assistance or even support. The fact that it came does not make it of our volition or our responsibility. There was no Polar coalition therefore there was nothing to betray.

I will give you a very simple heads up however, if you approach me with information that I am obliged, by treaty, to pass on, I will quite probably pass it on fairly immediately, especially if you are 1. not my ally, 2.I don't trust you and 3. you are hijacking my simple agenda for your own purposes.

As for the entire mess, I still have no idea of who screwed who in TOP's coalition, but TOP was the only one I had anything to do with. I will remain forever unrepentant for something I didn't do, especially when you have no actual proof apart from flimsy suppositions and never will have any..... because there is no actual evidence apart from assumptions and revisions.

On topic, this is an impressive treaty for both parties. Good luck, I will watch with interest to see who screws who and how.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1316663588' post='2805686']
If by misled you mean went to the enemey and gave them TOP's attack plans. SURE!
[/quote]

When you say we went to the enemy, you mean that we went to MK? I wonder if you know that MK were allied with us and is just playing dumb or if you're really that stupid.

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1316653712' post='2805587']
I don't doubt that there is animosity between our alliances. But perhaps the definition of baiting I was thinking of and your definition are quite different. I see baiting as deliberate actions taken to try to manufacture a war with someone.[/quote]
Your government planned a scheme to try and manufacture a war with Polar, and then attacked the guy who told Polar about it as a traitor. Everybody's seen the logs.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316698646' post='2805884']
Your government planned a scheme to try and manufacture a war with Polar, and then attacked the guy who told Polar about it as a traitor. Everybody's seen the logs.
[/quote]

I, too, have seen the logs and that is a tremendous spin you've put on the situation!

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[/quote]

You are, as usual, completely wrong. These were the actions of ONE former member (who has since been sentenced to ZI) of TLR that were in no way shape or form sanctioned by the government of The Last Remnants. The reason why Rush didn't inform Polaris himself of the plot was because he wanted to find out who Necro's co-conspirator was. Once he found out, he would of informed Polaris of the plot and would of named both individuals involved in the incident and they would of been properly taken care of by the governments of the two alliances. After all, Rush has a history of exposing spies to Polaris and has done so in about 2 or 3 different occasions even though he had no obligation to do so.

Not to mention the fact that the logs Necro handed over to Polaris where edited by Necro himself that made it look like Rush gave the plan his explicit permission. We gave Polaris everything we had surrounding this incident and showed them exactly where the logs were edited. We have no idea why they decided to inform their allies and "close friends" about it but whatever. To attack us would of been a monumentally stupid decision on their part and would of resulted in them being rolled again.

Keep spinning though. You're not convincing anyone!

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316698376' post='2805882']
When you say we went to the enemy, you mean that we went to MK? I wonder if you know that MK were allied with us and is just playing dumb or if you're really that stupid.
[/quote]

Agreeing with a D34th post :blink:

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1316702783' post='2805918']We have no idea why they decided to inform their allies and "close friends" about it but whatever.[/quote]
Because we believe in good, open, communication with our allies. If an incident occurs that we feel our allies should know about, we tell them. And we ere on the side of informing them too much than too little as communication is key to a successful partnership.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1316704857' post='2805942']
Because we believe in good, open, communication with our allies. If an incident occurs that we feel our allies should know about, we tell them. And we ere on the side of informing them too much than too little as communication is key to a successful partnership.
[/quote]

Understandable! Good luck with everything eh. Apparently we are trying to set you up for a war or something.

[/quote]
can you please keep spinning? you've almost given me enough yarn to knit a snazzy blanket! winter is coming, as they say...

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1316702783' post='2805918']
You are, as usual, completely wrong. These were the actions of ONE former member (who has since been sentenced to ZI) of TLR that were in no way shape or form sanctioned by the government of The Last Remnants. The reason why Rush didn't inform Polaris himself of the plot was because he wanted to find out who Necro's co-conspirator was. Once he found out, he would of informed Polaris of the plot and would of named both individuals involved in the incident and they would of been properly taken care of by the governments of the two alliances. After all, Rush has a history of exposing spies to Polaris and has done so in about 2 or 3 different occasions even though he had no obligation to do so.
[/quote]
Ah yes, the classic "We were going to tell them - REALLY" defense.

Pardon me if I am a bit doubtful. Assuming what you are saying is true and you are vaguely competent, the correct time to tell Polar would be as soon as you knew there was a conspiracy going on. That way, you let people who are getting spied on know immediately, and then they don't go and post logs proving your guilt in half the embassies on Planet Bob.

Well... I think you're fairly competent actually, so I don't believe your story. It just ... holds water the way this does.

[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/DavidsWine/sieve.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316718421' post='2806084']
Ah yes, the classic "We were going to tell them - REALLY" defense.

Pardon me if I am a bit doubtful. Assuming what you are saying is true and you are vaguely competent, the correct time to tell Polar would be as soon as you knew there was a conspiracy going on. That way, you let people who are getting spied on know immediately, and then they don't go and post logs proving your guilt in half the embassies on Planet Bob.

Well... I think you're fairly competent actually, so I don't believe your story. It just ... holds water the way this does.

[IMG]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/DavidsWine/sieve.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

That you doubt me, only shows that you dont know me. Not that im not totally ok with this. Its a mighty big step you take to assess the character of someone whom you have never spoken to, I mean, in a 3 week + "planning" phase, only 4 lines of text from me show up. Why? Simple.. there are no other lines. Odd that I would be planning something, but not be... you know.. part of the planning. Odder still that when Necro decided he was going to try to start this war, and my allies were lined up hoping Polar would jump, I calmly cautioned them against it. Why? Because despite the fact that I want to roll Polar, and I think they deserve, I dont want the rolling to be part of a set up. I didnt like it this past war, I dont like it now. My only interest in Necro's plan was to a) determine who in Polar he was working with and b) if it was the same polar member he told me was going to join TLR. Believe what you want. Wisdom of fools and such...

Congratulations on your treatification, people :)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316406726' post='2803497']
You've been around the block more than once---so I know you can spot them--just don't get lazy in regards to the [b]ponces[/b] that are grinning for the cameras today.
[/quote]
That is a very strange way to spell ponies...

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1316720197' post='2806099']
That you doubt me, only shows that you dont know me. Not that im not totally ok with this. Its a mighty big step you take to assess the character of someone whom you have never spoken to, I mean, in a 3 week + "planning" phase, only 4 lines of text from me show up. Why? Simple.. there are no other lines. Odd that I would be planning something, but not be... you know.. part of the planning. Odder still that when Necro decided he was going to try to start this war, and my allies were lined up hoping Polar would jump, I calmly cautioned them against it. Why? Because despite the fact that I want to roll Polar, and I think they deserve, I dont want the rolling to be part of a set up. I didnt like it this past war, I dont like it now. My only interest in Necro's plan was to a) determine who in Polar he was working with and b) if it was the same polar member he told me was going to join TLR. Believe what you want. Wisdom of fools and such...
[/quote]
Actually, I have talked to you. Admittedly it's been a while though. It was back then (you know, when Athens and Invicta were treaty partners) that I came to the conclusion that you're not an idiot, which you seem steadfast in trying to prove that you are.

Anyway there are actually four lines from you. :P

Session Start: Tue Aug 16 19:00:09 2011
Session Ident: RushSykes|TLR
[19:00] Session Ident: RushSykes|TLR (Coldfront, NecroV4L[TLR]) ([i]hostmask-censored[/i])
[19:00] <RushSykes|TLR> so, im gonna say this now, and hope its not too late...
[19:00] <RushSykes|TLR> should be put on hold cuz we have no MoW right now
[19:00] <RushSykes|TLR> and are in the process of interviewing new people for the job
[19:01] <NecroV4L[TLR]> At most, I can give you a week
[19:01] <NecroV4L[TLR]> Maybe 10 days
[19:06] <NecroV4L[TLR]> 8-14; It's fluid, so I'll flex it around that window as best I can given the situation at the time.
Session Close: Tue Aug 16 19:06:44 2011

Session Start: Sat Aug 27 20:38:33 2011
Session Ident: RushSykes|TLR
[20:48] <Necro[TLR]> Anyday, anytime, within the next 60 days; when you're comfortable.
[20:48] <Necro[TLR]> Within two days of your decision.
[20:49] <RushSykes|TLR> ok
Session Close: Sat Aug 27 21:27:33 2011

How you can attempt to spin the second set of logs above as anything but "Great, I'll let you know when we're ready to go and you can start the war" is uncertain.