An Argent Anniversary Announcement

janax

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316238313' post='2802071']
Wow, surprising move. Congratulations on your birfday.
[/quote]
Not particularly; there are three teams where any decent-sized alliance can snatch a Senate Seat now that the recent changes to our universe are upon us, but there is only one--Pink--where a Senate-aspiring alliance can do it without contending with a major alliance. What's Argent (or anyone) going to do, take one of FAN's seats? Not hardly.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316272265' post='2802254']
Not particularly; there are three teams where any decent-sized alliance can snatch a Senate Seat now that the recent changes to our universe are upon us, but there is only one--Pink--where an Senate-aspiring alliance can do it without contending with a major alliance. What's Argent (or anyone) going to do, take one of FAN's Senators? Not hardly.
[/quote]

They're going to push Wolfpack out of a seat. That's just mean.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1316272577' post='2802262']
They're going to push Wolfpack out of a seat. That's just mean.
[/quote]
Presumably. They're Aqua now, but they've got 1/3 non-compliance. They'll need at least that 2/3, but realistically 100% to make their Pink waves. Unless of course Wolfpack retains such low votership. It's been a long time since my Senate shenanigans, so I may be very wrong, but I believe that it takes several days before a nation is electable, so Wolfpack and LSF has a window here to get the vote out between the transition and electability of their candidate.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316272857' post='2802263']
Presumably. They're Aqua now, but they've got 1/3 non-compliance. They'll need at least that 2/3, but realistically 100% to make their Pink waves. Unless of course Wolfpack retains such low votership. It's been a long time since my Senate shenanigans, so I may be very wrong, but I believe that it takes several days before a nation is electable, so Wolfpack and LSF has a window here to get the vote out between the transition and electability of their candidate.
[/quote]

Pink frequently doesn't have a single senator, insofar as we're talking about nations with the necessary votes to place/lift sanctions and all of that good stuff. Methrage targeted pink nations in his latest aid hunt because it's the only sphere on which he isn't sanctioned, and he isn't sanctioned because it takes a considerable amount of time for even one nation to top 25 votes (even well into the cycle, Wolfpack doesn't have a nation above the threshold).

[quote name='Kill Joy' timestamp='1316263461' post='2802191']
[center][img]http://www.omfg-alliance.net/images/OMFG3-1.png[/img][/center]

[center]OMFG is very happy to celebrate Argent's 3 year anniversary, as well as piggyback on this announcement for our own move to Pink with our PF partners in color crime.

o/ Argent
o/ Pink[/center]
[/quote]

Real Giant Fighters wear pink.. I'll get used to being made fun of for wearing pink.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316272857' post='2802263']
[/quote]

Less reason to be non-compliant now. I anticipate about 80% over the next week or so, and more as circles break up.

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1316241934' post='2802114']
Looks like NsO and LSF won't be alone on the Pink Sphere anymore.

o/ Argent
o/ TOP
o/ Pink Fortress
[/quote]

this could only mean one thing: we need to get some damn tech deals going ;)

also to note, kudos on the 3rd year: Argent - CN Dragons of :awesome:

[quote name='dragonknight1000' timestamp='1316286499' post='2802442']
this could only mean one thing: we need to get some damn tech deals going ;)

also to note, kudos on the 3rd year: Argent - CN Dragons of :awesome:
[/quote]

Yes, we must must work with the Paradoxian Commune and the PF Internationale. :smug: In all seriousness, though, what dragonknight said.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1316243358' post='2802123']
Pretty much -_-

As long as we keep our senate seat, I'm happy.
[/quote]

Reform PUB? :awesome:

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1316276115' post='2802300']
Pink frequently doesn't have a single senator, insofar as we're talking about nations with the necessary votes to place/lift sanctions and all of that good stuff. Methrage targeted pink nations in his latest aid hunt because it's the only sphere on which he isn't sanctioned, and he isn't sanctioned because it takes a considerable amount of time for even one nation to top 25 votes (even well into the cycle, Wolfpack doesn't have a nation above the threshold).
[/quote]
If you guys are moving to pink so you can sanction me for whatever reason, you're a bit late now considering the sanctions are already coming off on other colors and the war is over. Have fun on pink though.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316297254' post='2802579']
If you guys are moving to pink so you can sanction me for whatever reason, you're a bit late now considering the sanctions are already coming off on other colors and the war is over. Have fun on pink though.
[/quote]
Methrage, I like you, I really do but to think that four alliances - and who knows else :P - are moving to a sphere to actually sanction you is... hem...

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1316297789' post='2802587']
Methrage, I like you, I really do but to think that four alliances - and who knows else :P - are moving to a sphere to actually sanction you is... hem...
[/quote]
From Schad's comment, that's obviously what he had on his mind while wanting to make this move, but that you guys are moving there so you guys can sanction people at the request of those who ask it off you isn't far fetched. I don't support your move if you're just doing it so you can sanction people in what used to be a free trade color sphere, if you're moving there because of better reasons than wanting to sanction people I would support this more. So maybe you guys can tell me why you're moving if Schad is wrong here.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316298077' post='2802592']
From Schad's comment, that's obviously what he had on his mind while wanting to make this move, but that you guys are moving there so you guys can sanction people at the request of those who ask it off you isn't far fetched. I don't support your move if you're just doing it so you can sanction people in what used to be a free trade color sphere, if you're moving there because of better reasons than wanting to sanction people I would support this more. So maybe you guys can tell me why you're moving if Schad is wrong here.
[/quote]
Because Pillow Fort sounded bad, we wanted Pink Fortress instead

Is that so wrong Meth? Is it?!

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1316301088' post='2802636']
Doesn't matter why we are moving. We are moving to pink and if/when we get a senate spot or 3, we will sanction as needed.
[/quote]
And by needed I'm assuming you mean to fill the requests of whoever requests when fighting someone who isn't in what you consider an alliance, rather than just those fighting you guys. I'm not sure how it is needed for alliances to be able to have those they don't consider in alliances sanctioned on every color if they don't do things the same as them.