Lions, and Tigers, and Spies! Oh My!

Hime Themis

The phone jingles to life at a most inopportune moment. The day was filled with economic chaos and the affairs of state were in flux. "Greetings Prime Minister how may I help?" "Hime, there has been an attempted breach of security."" We stopped the infiltration but we were unable to identify the intruders." " Please give the security chief and his team my thanks and congratulations on a job well done." Slowly hanging up the phone Hime Themis just sadly shakes her head. Great this round of peekaboo spy revelations has come to our doors. Sadly unlike some other nations there are but 250 friends who could have sent their operatives our way. What next hacking the voicemail of crime victims families??

So Gentle Persons the nation of Dulra today was the beneficiary of unbidden attention. Now most friends come through the front door but this crew impolitely chose the back door. Finding it locked they slunk away. While we admire the brass required to try given our level of counter espionage ability it was not very nice an idea. Now there has been a recent wave of spy and tell attacks so it came as no shock when it came our way, but it was greeted with sadness knowing that one of only 250 nations virtually all who I respect could have sent these minions to our domain. Now while this was impolite , it was not rude and no damage was done. Since there is this movement to transparency it has moved us to a fair offer.Since we have never refused a polite request for information, be it our cost to buy tech, cost of infrastructure, or any request for advice or opinion we would feel sad if after expending that much money on the effort, it went without some return.

Thus we make this offer to the brave nation that chose this surreptitious route to gain information, that would have been honestly revealed for the polite asking. Reveal your name and your information and I shall provide the same information in return. If you have the brass then confirm the results of your efforts as confirmation and I shall reveal all you would have paid for, save the names of my trade partners who may at their choosing reveal it. Show you actually have the stones to provide that same information to all and I shall happily reveal mine. I have not the greatest war chest nor do I bend my head in shame at it. So for the asking and sharing of yours oh brave soul all that you desired shall be revealed.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1313117074' post='2778253']
ATTENTION OBR:

Good luck finding the spy.

Also, how expensive is your tech?
[/quote]

Good Sir Pwanage

A polite request elicits an honest reponse.

Technology Costs Per Level: $3,380,258.04
See now that is how it is done.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313121610' post='2778336']
[color="#0000ff"]Some of you have suspected me for awhile now, and I've denied it every single time. But I can't hold it in any longer. The guilt is killing me. I confess, world. It was me. I did it.[/color]
[/quote]

Good Rebel Virginia

Alas, while you have the brass, you lack the level. At least if it had been you I have no doubt we would be now exchanging amusing stories and lies about our statistics.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1313123542' post='2778364']
Good Rebel Virginia

Alas, while you have the brass, you lack the level. At least if it had been you I have no doubt we would be now exchanging amusing stories and lies about our statistics.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]
Fair Dame Hime Themis

I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, and I believe you are an incredibly talented individual and I approve of this callout thread, whomever decided to spy on you was obviously unintelligent based off their actions, and should they ever be discovered, you can rest assured that my nation will assist in any way possible to bring them and whomever decides to protect them to justice.

Sincerely
Mogar

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1313125321' post='2778391']
This would be news if knowing Dulra's Warchest mattered at all.

Seriously, this was all for fun,and definitely not worth an OWF post.
[/quote]

Yeah, but Hime is sitting on 40,000 tech points. If I was her I'd want to have at least some chance of using it. Can't blame her for trying to call out the individual ^_^

Edited by Aeros

[/quote]

Someone from my alliance is saying something fun isn't worth an OWF post? This is seriously the best topic except the leaked forum post right now...go away. I dont even know who you are.

[/quote]

Gentle Persons

"Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?":)

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

Good Zoomzoomzoom

While I believe the spy attack to be a searching exercise it gave us an oppourtunity to do a readiness drill and we have not done one in some months. It could also have been a prelude to an attack and having had the joy of nuke rogues in the past I prefer to prepare my own ground.

The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1313117418' post='2778265']
Good Sir Pwanage

A polite request elicits an honest reponse.

Technology Costs Per Level: $3,380,258.04
See now that is how it is done.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

That's actually a lot less than I expected. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your earth-shattering nuclear weapons should this come to blows.

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1313165277' post='2778602']
Good Zoomzoomzoom

While I believe the spy attack to be a searching exercise it gave us an oppourtunity to do a readiness drill and we have not done one in some months. It could also have been a prelude to an attack and having had the joy of nuke rogues in the past I prefer to prepare my own ground.

The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

Aren't there only 2 nations within range of you?

[quote name='shadoz19' timestamp='1313168839' post='2778626']
Aren't there only 2 nations within range of you?
[/quote]

Good Sadoz19

A little needed but important portion of the ability to declare war.

You can declare war on anyone as long as 1) they are not designated as a peaceful nation and 2) they are within the 75% - 133% ration of your strength range [b]or within 250+/250- rankings[/b] based on strength.

The only advantage of the top position is that it limits to 250 nations your potential national opponents. This means at the moment anyone with a NS of 127,533.304 or greater can spy on me or declare war. Even at the top there may be those who find solace in going rogue it has happend to me twice before.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1313135461' post='2778496']
I missed the Lions and Tigers reference?
[/quote]

Good Kriekfreak

Ah but to be young again. The Wizard of OZ my daughters favorite movie. Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh My!

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis