• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1313171166' post='2778661']
How large is your warchest?
Just wondering
[/quote]

Good Greg23

I might reveal that if we do not have some honest person come forward. Afterall they paid for the information so they deserve first crack at it. Of course the price was also a you show me yours I show you mine.:blush:

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1313171158' post='2778660']
And painful if they decide to make an example.
[/quote]
Pixels are fleeting :P

Seriously though, I can well afford to rebuild, but the political problems it could cause for my alliance and bloc would deter me from doing anything like that on an alliance with which relations not being too bad is of some value, even if I felt like losing my infra.

[list]
[*]Gets spied on
[*]Runs to peacemode because loves infra/tech too much
[*]Creates a topic calling the person to show themselves
[*]Said person would then get attacked by alliance
[*]While you sit on your arse at #1
[*]Profit?
[/list]

Thanks for sharing to the world you got spied on and too much of a coward fleeing into peacemode because of a possible rogue... Congrats B-)

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1313171572' post='2778665']
Good Greg23

I might reveal that if we do not have some honest person come forward. Afterall they paid for the information so they deserve first crack at it. Of course the price was also a you show me yours I show you mine.:blush:

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]
Surely, thats what PMs are for.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1313174684' post='2778713']
Surely, thats what PMs are for.
[/quote]
Good Greg23

You are absolutely correct. That is not what has been happening. People are spying on nations and the information then appears on the OWF via another source. So I am giving our spy the oppourtunity to share with us all so that I may share with all as well. Honestly if others have it first their is little incentive for our friend to come forward. You also did not ask this request in a PM so I concluded you wanted it posted publicly as well.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1313172112' post='2778672']
[list][*]Gets spied on[*]Runs to peacemode because loves infra/tech too much[*]Creates a topic calling the person to show themselves[*]Said person would then get attacked by alliance[*]While you sit on your arse at #1[*]Profit?[/list]

Thanks for sharing to the world you got spied on and too much of a coward fleeing into peacemode because of a possible rogue... Congrats B-)
[/quote]

Good the Rebel

If you had actually read my full set of posts you might have understood that this is part of our drill system and we had not run one for a while. With over a million casualties combat is not something I am unfamiliar with but pointless casualties does not enhance the reputation of anyone. This could have been a prelude to an attack on our alliance and thus we took preemptive actions. It might have been a rogue where exactly do you see the honour in pointless losses to such a rogue???

I am at a loss to see where I stated that they would be attacked if they revealed themselves. In fact I said that I would share the information they had tried to gather so long as they shared theirs publicly as well.

You have a large body count. Good for you. I have a body count in the top 13% so what. My point was spying is impolite and your alliance would likely roll anyone caught doing so. We react differently.

Not once have I even mentioned being the #1 nation. I clarified a rules question from someone I felt had a legitimate question that was underestimated in the resulting answer posted by the next poster. I do believe that during the last war NPO was portrayed in a negative way for having top nations in peace mode. The assertion was as incorrect then as it is now.

I will not apologize for having built my nation nor for running a drill that allows our alliance to survive an attack by another alliance.We do not have the numbers of a large alliance so we must be more cautious. This is not cowardice but prudence. I really wonder at your words when I am certain what the result of such an action by your alliance would have been. I do not begrudge your alliance the right to act in a way they deem fitting. Our alliance however prefers to take an incident of this nature and give rise to some humour and issue a fun challenge. Re-reard the title, do you really think I regard this incident with grave fear.

You need to read some Sun Tzu.

In all fighting, the direct method may be used for joining battle, but indirect methods will be needed in order to secure victory. In battle, there are not more than two methods of attack - the direct and the indirect; yet these two in combination give rise to an endless series of maneuvers. The direct and the indirect lead on to each other in turn. It is like moving in a circle - you never come to an end. Who can exhaust the possibilities of their combination?
[b]- Sun Tzu

[/b]"All war represents a failure of diplomacy"
[color="#1356ff"]Tony Benn[/color]

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1313180152' post='2778765']
Lady Hime Themis its been a while, I've been wondering for sometime now, during the last conflict how much damage did a nuke do?
[/quote]

Good Muddog

You have not been "home" in a while you have been missed. As reported by the Noble Count Rupert in June when he was on a mission,.

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Hime Themis. Your fallout shelters have limited the damage caused by this attack. You lost 2740 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 50 cruise missiles, 1,547.783 miles of land, 515.928 technology, 1,547.783 infrastructure, 50% of your aircraft, and 18% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience several days of economic devastation.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1313181219' post='2778782']
Good Lady Hime,

What would it take for you to address me as Bad SuperCoolYellow?

Peace,
SCY
[/quote]

Good (Bad) SuprerCoolYellow

I have it on good authority that you "is one of the baddest" on Digiterra so when we party I shall be certain to regard you in that fashion.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1313178230' post='2778748']
It might have been a rogue where exactly do you see the honour in pointless losses to such a rogue???[/quote]

Now that ive cut your lecturing out on to the question.

Pointless losses no it wouldnt be pointless because actually staying in warmode and going fully militarised waiting for the possible shows you have the willingness to defend yourself. But instead you hug your infra/tech and number 1 spot in the world like a hippy.

I know you said it's a "drill" to why you're in peacemode what a perfect coincidence.

Also my last three points in the previous post were speculation.

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1313191637' post='2778931']
Now that ive cut your lecturing out on to the question.

Pointless losses no it wouldnt be pointless because actually staying in warmode and going fully militarised waiting for the possible shows you have the willingness to defend yourself. But instead you hug your infra/tech and number 1 spot in the world like a hippy.

I know you said it's a "drill" to why you're in peacemode what a perfect coincidence.

Also my last three points in the previous post were speculation.
[/quote]
Please stop trying to compete with Bonney.

It would be pointless because it would be spending resources on someone she doesn't care about, rather than during an actual war where they would be spent to defend the allies of OBR.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1313193357' post='2778951']
I'm stating my opinion, I would criticise anyone who happens to be in peacemode and made a call out thread whether it was in jest or not.
[/quote]
Calling it an opinion doesn't make it any less ridiculous or lacking in logic.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1313193619' post='2778959']
Calling it an opinion doesn't make it any less ridiculous or lacking in logic.
[/quote]

So when a possible threat happens staying in warmode and having a willingness to defend yourself is ridiculous and lacking logic? Which is basically the opinion you criticised and the answer would be yes if you're a hippy and no if you're a fighter.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1313194367' post='2778962']
So when a possible threat happens staying in warmode and having a willingness to defend yourself is ridiculous and lacking logic? Which is basically the opinion you criticised and the answer would be yes if you're a hippy and no if you're a fighter.
[/quote]
I was actually going to tell you the strategy involved for OBR (a 19 person alliance) to utilize peace mode, but then I realized you were NPO. You have zero room to criticize such a tactic.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1313171793' post='2778668']
Pixels are fleeting :P

Seriously though, I can well afford to rebuild, but the political problems it could cause for my alliance and bloc would deter me from doing anything like that on an alliance with which relations not being too bad is of some value, even if I felt like losing my infra.
[/quote]
You are aware that Dulra's nukes do around 500 tech damage per hit, right?

A week of full war with Hime Themis would not leave your nation in good condition, even for someone like you with comparable tech (well half as much as Dulra).

[quote name='CzarBomba' timestamp='1313195249' post='2778974']
I was actually going to tell you the strategy involved for OBR (a 19 person alliance) to utilize peace mode, [b]but then I realized you were NPO. You have zero room to criticize such a tactic.[/b]
[/quote]

I know of various different strategies as i havent been living in a cave the past 3yrs+ but please tell me what putting 2 nations in peacemode after a spy op is going to do? Nothing![b]I hadnt realised NPO is known to run to peacemode on the possible threat of a rogue nation[/b] you most be a deluded fellow.