Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Letum

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, SNX was the only alliance I was expelled from, so check your facts. Not my fault Saxplayer leaked screenshot in a compromised channel.

Pretty sure HB(TSK) removed you from the alliance, although again that depends on your warped perception.

Id still fight alongside Pacifica to defeat the lulzists personally. But this act by NPO is a massive setback.

Maybe it's time you re-evaluated your inherently flawed political systems model?  And stop using that word.  It's terrible.

All good questions that can become completely self-defeating if you don't clarify what kind of time frame you're operating on. You've got a solid 5 month plan, I'll grant you that.

That is ABOUT as solid as the plan Polaris had when they signed with TOP. You reaped your rewards, you lost the subsequent political game. It is the new cycle of the cyberverse. Can NPO actually win the battle 2 times in a row, and introduce a new paradigm? We shall see.

For one who purports to study Francoism, you ask some peculiar questions.

The questions the Francoist asks are: "What are our institutions? What is the reality of our position? How can our position be made better? How can our position be made worse? How can we discard institutions to do not support us? How can we build up institutions that bring us peace, strength, and prosperity."

Mindlessly posting about some "God Emperor" is not the nuanced analysis of the material conditions of our world that the Francoist engages in when they make their political critique.

I may be dramatic but I am still essentially right. Once you grasp the totality of DBDC's hold over the upper tier it becomes clear that they represent a new class development in our world, much like the Userites of another age. It is in their interest for civilized alliances to wage war on one another while they continue to break down the system of ordered anarchy which has prevailed throughout our history.

By breaking down the barriers of alliances, they place themselves in a position to create a new world order based around the same destructive "friends > infra" philosophy of our old mutual enemy in the Mushroom Kingdom. They have already established a precedent of targeting individual alliance members for speaking out (such as your Caladin) and should they achieve Hegemony, alliance governments will simply be symbolic shells, often puppets of their Doomsphere masters. From there they can begin to exploit Feederite regions for tech.

So yes, I may be dramatic, but there is a point behind my protests... this struggle transcends classical alliance politics and grievances and represents a new class warfare. For NPO to play into their hands represents perhaps the single greatest break from Francoist government since the Moldavi Overthrow and Reign of the Mad Emperor.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Funny, isn't this the exact same argument we were making last war?

Mend the bridges you burnt.

I consider you reasonably intelligent Letum but I am not sure you even comprehend the argument at hand.  You have every right to do whatever it is you want to do, fight whoever you want and support whoever you want but please don't tell me this war is our fault because we didn't mend bridges. 

Polaris and Pacifica have had meaningful discussions that started mid the last war, the only issue ever raised by you was our allies.   In order to ''mend the bridge'' you required something that we were not prepared to do.  We are not friends with doomsphere, we will never be friends with doomsphere and unlike you we are not prepared to even pretend to like doomsphere.  Its goals and manner are not consistent with the best interests of Bob at any level .  We certainly will not drop our friends to appease you and we will certainly not do anything at all to comply with the objectives or will of doomsphere.  You can be friends with whoever you like, doomsphere can conduct itself however it likes and the nett result will be exactly the same as the last 5 wars regardless of who wins ''officially.''  The gap ever widens.  So then, far from not heeding your sage advice, we completely reject the concept out of hand.  Come and destroy whoever you want to destroy, I am sure the resistance will be token at best, but please don't masquerade as a wise man whose advice was ignored. 

When this one is over you can sit back and realize that there is no bridge to mend, the bridge is non-existent even as a concept, and no one left to roll except the next likely target.  It is funny how the world revolves around the same targets over and over.  Good luck with that stone cold FA.

If you actually read Vlads writings, or Letum's for that matter, you would realize this is Letum who wrote this.  It is his voice - not Vlads.

I for one am certain is wasn't Vlad.  Vlad proofreads. ;)

It is the unfortunate nature of war that it draws in people who want no part with the overall rivalry. We, and a lot of our allies with close links to xx were in that position last year. SNX is in it this time around. It sucks, and SNX do not deserve the pain coming to them. I can completely sympathise with them, given how I felt in the last war.

But this is how coalitions are, and how they have always been. There is never a "good" side and a "bad" side. We all just fight for a chosen allegiances.

My dear Letum, on the heels of your recent material, don't sink (further) into drivel.

Alliances are not drawn into wars.  You join them or you don't.  You want in or you don't.  No one is interested in hearing your refried version of Brehon's Fark war "our hands are tied" garbage. 

You have OAed on a third-stringer because it's exactly what you want to do.  If you refuse to accept the full faculty of Pacifica in it, you give wing to the slave caricature. 

If you are in earnest, then it's no caricature; you really are a slave. 

Lose the mealy-mouthed equivocations, it's unbecoming of an Emperor.

Edited by Schattenmann

We're all swimming in the same mud.

That might be true, in some sense, at a long tried and tested strategic level, but I'm afraid that you've actually left our pool of mud and climbed into something much fouler by aligning with the Doomsphere. Let's hope, for your sake, that your long term interests are not forsaken as you wallow around with your friends, because when the dust has settled (mixed metaphor, i know), it is very likely that you will have only made their position stronger, not your own. This will be fine if you are happy to be the puppets, but out the window will go the last shreds of Pacifica's once proud heritage.

But I like war - so I'm not complaining at all...

o/ the good guys - whoever they are!

I consider you reasonably intelligent Letum but I am not sure you even comprehend the argument at hand.  You have every right to do whatever it is you want to do, fight whoever you want and support whoever you want but please don't tell me this war is our fault because we didn't mend bridges. 

Polaris and Pacifica have had meaningful discussions that started mid the last war, the only issue ever raised by you was our allies.   In order to ''mend the bridge'' you required something that we were not prepared to do.  We are not friends with doomsphere, we will never be friends with doomsphere and unlike you we are not prepared to even pretend to like doomsphere.  Its goals and manner are not consistent with the best interests of Bob at any level .  We certainly will not drop our friends to appease you and we will certainly not do anything at all to comply with the objectives or will of doomsphere.  You can be friends with whoever you like, doomsphere can conduct itself however it likes and the nett result will be exactly the same as the last 5 wars regardless of who wins ''officially.''  The gap ever widens.  So then, far from not heeding your sage advice, we completely reject the concept out of hand.  Come and destroy whoever you want to destroy, I am sure the resistance will be token at best, but please don't masquerade as a wise man whose advice was ignored. 

When this one is over you can sit back and realize that there is no bridge to mend, the bridge is non-existent even as a concept, and no one left to roll except the next likely target.  It is funny how the world revolves around the same targets over and over.  Good luck with that stone cold FA.

The irony of this post, specifically the bolded parts,is that it worked great for you and your alliance when NPO was the target. Such is the mask you wear when on the winning side. It literally reads to me, "you did not break the cycle, we did not break the cycle, you did not break the cycle, we did not break the cycle, but this time, you should totally break the cycle." Start with the man in the mirror.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Not my fault Saxplayer leaked screenshot in a compromised channel.

I agree, there's no download for human stupidity, however you and I both know that was a golden opertunity for you and it came back and bit you in the ass, not as hard as the aforementioned individual who's name isn't allowed to be spoken at my house but it bit.

His departure from the alliance resulted in my arrival at Atlas. I see that as a fair trade off, don't you?

I'd say so, I'm ready to join Atlas just cause your there. :)

The irony of this post, specifically the bolded parts,is that it worked great for you and your alliance when NPO was the target. Such is the mask you wear when on the winning side. It literally reads to me, "you did not break the cycle, we did not break the cycle, you did not break the cycle, we did not break the cycle, but this time, you should totally break the cycle." Start with the man in the mirror.

I don't think you can count past one tbh and you certainly do not comprehend the post

Edited by AlmightyGrub

They did not. I left after being removed as Hand to launch the Lannister News Network.

So let me see you did the samething saxplayer did when he was removed as cofa. So before you run your mouth off about shit that you know nothing about maybe ask why it happened instead if asuming.

It's telling that NpO's default view on treaty relationships is that they are either with Polaris *or* inherently unequal.

It is telling that your comment has no relevance to anything I said.  For the record, our treaties with our allies will ALWAYS trump the treaty between two parties with which we don't hold a treaty when it comes to making decisions about how we deal with our allies.  Of course our treaties are unequal with any third parties

I know exactly why and thats between me and HB. I left on good terms with HB just like I am on good terms with SNX. Its just philosophical differences.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah I call fucking bullshit there, you have no way left on good terms with SNX. 

That is ABOUT as solid as the plan Polaris had when they signed with TOP. You reaped your rewards, you lost the subsequent political game. It is the new cycle of the cyberverse. Can NPO actually win the battle 2 times in a row, and introduce a new paradigm? We shall see.

TOP are a civilized alliance, and it remains to be seen whether they stand with us this time. Doomsphere are truly barbarians. Or aliens, as they seem to prefer. That's actually pretty accurate. An alien invasion should unite us all in repelling it. We can hash out our political grudges later.

Regardless of what we should or shouldn't have done before, it's kind of silly to stand here and defend this war by saying it's the same mistake as last war.

Dajobo even offered us up to duel Pacifica, so you know this isn't about infra-hugging. If we have to get rolled, so be it. What I'm talking about is keeping all of us who aren't at 30k+ tech still in "the game."

Edited by Prodigal Moon

TOP are a civilized alliance, and it remains to be seen whether they stand with us this time.

Oh, but why not? You coming together in the air of partnership and friendship based on top to bottom respect and overcoming of old grudges ushering a new era of understanding that happened organically and not aimed at certain other parties  and coincidently aligned with the happenings of the last war was so strong.

Why wouldn't your friend be there for you, if you might need him?

p.s. If you start using junkajunk terminology, then nobody will take you seriously. A friendly advice.

I realized Doomsphere had it out for us, since apparently we're the only alliance with the courage and pride to fight back against them. I did not think the the rest of you were so craven (or perhaps short-sighted) as to actually join up with them just to satisfy some kind of grudge from last war.

Yet your representatives failed to convey the reason why we should align with you instead, despite us asking over and over. The holier than thou drivel doesn't work, not after last war when our offers of cooperation were discarded for a better alternative (which coincidentally seems to have resulted in this war, though).

TOP are a civilized alliance, and it remains to be seen whether they stand with us this time. Doomsphere are truly barbarians. Or aliens, as they seem to prefer. That's actually pretty accurate. An alien invasion should unite us all in repelling it. We can hash out our political grudges later.

Regardless of what we should or shouldn't have done before, it's kind of silly to stand here and defend this war by saying it's the same mistake as last war.

Dajobo even offered us up to duel Pacifica, so you know this isn't about infra-hugging. If we have to get rolled, so be it. What I'm talking about is keeping all of us who aren't at 30k+ tech still in "the game."

This is fucking rich, really: when Fark-NATO-IRON-TPF fought DBDC last year during the Mushqaeda events you sat there planning a war against half of those alliances instead of helping, so blame yourselves maybe?

Oh, let's not forget the terms you pushed for as well: surely the best way to pave the road for some grand "roll Doomsphere" coalition. It's like you guys aren't even trying.