Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281481381' post='2410326']
I am aware that I am being excessively repetitive. While the RoK angle varies and changes, the truth does not. Stop ignoring important details and I won't have to keep bringing them back up.
[/quote]

You mean important details like, aiding someone in war is an act of war, or aiding someone in war after being explicitly warned about it is a stupid act of war?

[quote]
RoK would have walked away a winner if they had just sat down at the negotiation table like the NSO wanted to. But they just wanted to smack NSO around. That is why they ignored diplomacy and jumped straight into a war, as the NSO tried to negotiate a resolution to Heft's error.
[/quote]

This is funny, like anyone is under any obligation to make nice after having their face spat in. Make no mistake NSO closed the diplomatic process not Rok. When Rok said "aid him and its war" The answer from NSO should have been "Well hes our member now what kind of deal can we reach to get him off the hook with you?". Instead NSO sent aid, which amounts to diplomatically spitting in Hoo's face. At that point NSO chose war. When a [i]member[/i] of an alliance does something stupid, the government gets to say "no he wasn't empowered to do that", when the government of an alliance does something stupid you are stuck with the consequences.

[quote]
Accusing me of "sounding like a broken record" will not stop me from revealing your lies for what they are.
[/quote]

Its not an accusation so much as an observation, though granted it doesn't necessarily make you incorrect, I feel like I sound like a broken record too, since I keep having to explain the same basic points of diplomacy over and over again (mostly to you in fact) the point that makes you wrong is that you are just flat out [i]wrong[/i]. There are no words for the depth of the wrong you have achieved, you are wrong in so many ways on so many levels we lack the proper terminology to describe just how wrong you are.

[quote]
You did not answer my question. Was this situation, or was it not, so egregious an act that it required an immediate response of war and total ignorance of Sith attempts to negotiate a peaceful solution?
[/quote]

I thought I did, but since context is apparently lost on you, lets go with a flat out, [i]yes[/i].

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1281499390' post='2410694']
I wonder what that says about the rest of us :mellow:
[/quote]
That NSO obviously has more fun than you, duh. :smug:

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1281499461' post='2410697']
That NSO obviously has more fun than you, duh. :smug:
[/quote]
Alternatively, they don't have cell phones that they can run wars from.

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281497371' post='2410634']
Make no mistake NSO closed the diplomatic process not Rok.[/quote] Ha ha ha, oh wow. This one's a new line. Ha ha. I don't even know how to respond to this, it is just so absurd.

[quote]I thought I did, but since context is apparently lost on you, lets go with a flat out, [i]yes[/i].
[/quote]Good to know. I'll remember this. It may take years, but one day the tables are going to be turned, and we shall be just as unforgiving to the Entente as you are now. Hey, it's your precedent, you're the one setting it here and now, hope you won't complain when things go the other way.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281500843' post='2410761']
Ha ha ha, oh wow. This one's a new line. Ha ha. I don't even know how to respond to this, it is just so absurd.

Good to know. I'll remember this. It may take years, but one day the tables are going to be turned, and we shall be just as unforgiving to the Entente as you are now. Hey, it's your precedent, you're the one setting it here and now, hope you won't complain when things go the other way.
[/quote]

And my little dog too?

[quote name='Opethian' timestamp='1281501536' post='2410780']
Because some mods apparently don't believe me, I figured I just come in here to let you know I [i]really am[/i] at war with y'all. So, yeah.
[/quote]

We believe you, and recognize your declaration. Good luck out there.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281500843' post='2410761']It may take years, but one day the tables are going to be turned, and we shall be just as unforgiving to the Entente as you are now.[/quote]

There are many excellent decaffeinated brands on the market. Please try one.

Also, you seem to have a bit of froth at the corner of your mouth.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1281499287' post='2410692']
The cast of Jersey Shore are members of NSO, arent they?
[/quote]
Not a single member would be on that dreadful show, but some are on the Real World.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1281504781' post='2410857']
Who keeps their phone on at the beach?

Living your life Wrong.
[/quote]
This man knows what hes talking about.

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281487500' post='2410450']
Neither rumor or conjecture. Apparently the deal for reps and two weeks were worked out and then RoK looked at NSO defending themselves in the threads and decided it was disrespectful and pull the plan. I'm sure Hoo won't confirm or deny or will anyone else but I wouldn't expect them to. At least they don;t care ho informed we are. :)
[/quote]

I think it's neither here nor there as to this whole bit. Without the oh-so-leaned on logs to back this happening we'll never know and, ultimately, it doesn't matter in the end. This will end when the three heavily involved parties agree to end it.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1281487500' post='2410450']
Neither rumor or conjecture. Apparently the deal for reps and two weeks were worked out and then RoK looked at NSO defending themselves in the threads and decided it was disrespectful and pull the plan. I'm sure Hoo won't confirm or deny or will anyone else but I wouldn't expect them to. At least they don;t care ho informed we are. :)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This is quite true. I also remember that this is the very same reasoning that the NPO used to justify continuing its war against GATO during GATO-1V. You see, during that war GATO was quite vocal about how they thought the CB was rubbish, and protested on the forum. To which the NPO simply responded they were being "disrespectful." Now, this is what I really mind about the "respect" concept. It is so flexible. Just as the NPO was vicious to GATO in public forums, RoK is to NSO. Say what you will, but there is no respect coming from that end. Why should the NSO give any, especially when such an imprecise concept is only being used to give a weak justification for going back upon the agreed deal.[/color]

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1281499642' post='2410701']
Alternatively, they don't have cell phones that they can run wars from.
[/quote]
Stupid smart phones, they ruin things for everyone. :(

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1281499792' post='2410714']
You don't look like you're at the beach.
[/quote]
Alas, not everyone can be so lucky. Some of us have to man the trenches.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281480101' post='2410293']
And as I have demonstrated numerous times in the past, this was Heft's doing, but it was not the doing of the NSO. The NSO did not support Heft's actions, and instead sought to rectify and reverse Heft's error.

The attack on NSO is thus unjustified in that NSO is not responsible for the act, Heft is. NSO would only have become responsible had they supported Heft's action or refused to negotiate. Instead they actively sought to negotiate and resolve the issue from the instant that Heft erred.
[/quote]

Is Heft a member of NSO's government in any shape or form? Last I knew, someone in an alliance's government represented that alliance in everything they do on here, and thus actions they take are reflected upon that alliance. I know if I were to pull a dumbass move like Heft did (or any of R.O.C.K.'s government members and leaders for that matter), I would expect those that I (or others) committed the act against to come against R.O.C.K. as a whole as my actions were done while as an official representative of R.O.C.K.

When you are a member of an alliance's government, in my eyes and I know for sure in many other eyes, there is no he or she in regards to actions taken by that person. It's viewed as actions taken by an alliance as that person was elected/chosen/promoted to represent that alliance as a member of their government.

[quote name='Tulafaras' timestamp='1281485733' post='2410421']
Heft IS one of the accepted voices of the NSO.
Get that into your head please. If you give someone the power to negotiate on behalf of your alliance then his actions are also on behalf of your alliance.[/quote]

Basically this.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1281504781' post='2410857']
Who keeps their phone on at the beach?

Living your life Wrong.
[/quote]

When I work for a radio station, and since the transmitter has a "phone home" feature that it calls numbers on a list until someone picks up whenever the transmitter goes offline or has an issue, and my number is one of the very first numbers on that list, then yes, I keep my phone on at the beach. If the issue with the transmitter is potentially simple enough that punching in a couple of codes on the keypad on my phone is all that's needed to get the transmitter back up and online again, then I damn sure better have my phone on. And if it's something that requires one of our engineers to personally go out to the transmitter, then it would probably help to have my phone on so I can receive the transmitter call and then alert the engineers to the issue.

That and it's company policy to ALWAYS have our company cell phones on and with us wherever we go. So for that reason alone, regardless, I would have my phone on at the beach. Sure, it sucks having work always able to reach me, especially when I want to take some time off, but hey, welcome to life in radio and welcome to real life with a job.

Also, as they are our dear allies and all...

o/ RoK

Edited by Smooth Pancakes

[quote name='Smooth Pancakes' timestamp='1281516974' post='2410981']
That and it's company policy to ALWAYS have our company cell phones on and with us wherever we go. So for that reason alone, regardless, I would have my phone on at the beach. Sure, it sucks having work always able to reach me, especially when I want to take some time off, but hey, welcome to life in radio and welcome to real life with a job.[/quote]
I work in TV production and its the same in my industry, my company phone is on 24-7....just in case.