Asgaardians go to the moon!

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091208175806/cybernations/images/3/31/Asgaard_banner.png[/img]

Eight months ago Asgaard was founded by a few vikings with one dream. What is that dream you ask? Well, it is a simple and modest one: to reach the moon. This may seem odd to some as there seems to be no reason to go to the moon. Well there is, you naysayers. How many vikings have ever landed on the moon? My count, without looking at any references, is an inarguable zero. No viking as ever set his or her feet on the the white orb in the night sky, and this want, this desire, is where my story begins.

In its first days Asgaard had only just begun figuring out missiles, but it wouldn't be long till we had over 500 nukes and a full developed rocketing program. Within six months since the beginning of Asgaard, they had already built and tested their first rocket and were ready to take to the skies, but then the skies turned black...and green. A war had started in a distant land, and it wouldn't be long till Asgaard's allies were threatened. They trained day in and day out, sitting in mead halls for hours smoking weed and drinking, as any normal viking berserker would do. They then blindly charged into war against some alliance that is purple (the name was lost in the hangovers). In the end, they had lost a few good, bearded, handsome, muscular men, but regained strength fast. Within a month after the fighting, the rockets were ready again, being fueled with the combined power of nations under the Asgaardian banner, they took off, and landed on the moon, where it was found that smoking pot in space gave you a much better high.

[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/littlejimmy904/Assassin/vikingridingnuke.png[/img]

And that is my story. Now you may be wondering what that was all about. Well, this announcement is really about how we made it to 2 million total nation strength...again. See, we had breached it prior to the war, but never announced due to, well, the war sitting on our doorstep asking to be let in. Now you get to re-read the story and pick out the vague references to the previous events that I just mention!

[IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/littlejimmy904/2mill.png[/IMG]

Through diligence, teamwork, and desire, Asgaard has reached the moon, slain our enemies, and smoked a lot of weed. Now its time for some more celebration. Stop by our forums, sit in our mead hall, marvel at the 4 mile road in front of our territorial entrance that is littered with heads on pikes. Enjoy our lutefisk and mead! Buy our hand crafted beard combs and marvel and our large helmets! Buy hot dogs covered in corn batter on sticks![/center]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='23 March 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1269316005' post='2233905']
I thought this would be a treaty with MOON.

Anyway, Congrats :P
[/quote]
Quite a feat, seeing as they are no longer an alliance :P

Cograts Vikings :)

[quote name='Banksy' date='23 March 2010 - 05:35 AM' timestamp='1269340484' post='2234099']
Quite a feat, seeing as they are no longer an alliance :P

Cograts Vikings :)
[/quote]
MOON isn't? They just announced themselves didn't they?

Thanks for all the congrats guys.

And Cyphon, I expect lots of huggles next time I'm on IRC.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='23 March 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1269316005' post='2233905']
I thought this would be a treaty with MOON.

Anyway, Congrats :P
[/quote]
MOON disbanded awhile ago...

Congrats to our friends at asgaard!