The Grand Association of Relics and Oldtimers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, didn't expect to see you back again and certainly not Grenval. Most people don't do justice to their glory days when they return (the only one I can think of who has really even come close is Moldavi) but this should be interesting to see nonetheless.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1280364685' post='2393194']
Wow, didn't expect to see you back again and certainly not Grenval. Most people don't do justice to their glory days when they return (the only one I can think of who has really even come close is Moldavi) but this should be interesting to see nonetheless.
[/quote]
Well, some people would say it's debatable that Grenval and I ever had "glory days." So who knows.

Good to see an old dinosaur that can get beyond past grudges and just have fun. When I see folks who have the past chained to them as an albatross eating at them for years old past wrongs I can't help at times to be grateful I wasn't around for many of those events. Glad to see you setting a more positive example.

Congrats on your new alliance and best of luck!

[quote name='Kevlar' timestamp='1280351284' post='2392872']
It took me 30 years to write that Charter. Mostly because I had to conceive of the idea of creating Chris_Kaos and then implanting the idea in his brain. Think I pulled it off.
[/quote]

was that a reference to Inception? if so, good one ^_^

also welcome to CN GARO (or welcome back actually) and good luck

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1280299532' post='2392276']
And yet, still, NPO? Are you [i]high[/i]?
[/quote]
Despite our past hatred for Chris, we've gotten over it. And he's gotten past his hatred of us. Imagine that.

As for offering him a protectorate, it might have actually been tenable if certain of your allies weren't being such jerks to small alliances on our color. There would have been a high probability that your friends would raid their alliance 1) just for lulz, or 2) due to the fact that it's Chris Kaos after all. Of course, when they did, it would have drawn us into either protecting them and getting rolled (again), or not protecting them and being a laughing stock. I'm surprised you weren't clever enough to figure this out. :smug:

Edit: I forgot the most important part! Welcome back to all of the old timers I keep hearing all these stories about. I look forward to getting your perspective on the new shape of politics.

Edited by bakamitai

[quote name='Moniker' timestamp='1280356529' post='2393034']
<3 GARO

When Lizardo takes over GATO I'll make my exit (and entrance)
[/quote]
Just admit that it's your love for me that that will secretly bring you to us :D

-Kev

[quote name='Venizelos' timestamp='1280328695' post='2392469']
oh and ofc going to NPO and then to one of its lapdogs for protection has absolutely nothing to do with Kevlar being part of this... right?
[/quote]
UPN is an NPO lapdog now?

(Hint: Their treatyweb links them closer to C&G than anyone else.)

I like Kevlar, don't really know the other founders. I notice you don't have an official colour in your charter, but some of you seem to have red nations, so welcome to Red. :)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1280407383' post='2393846']
UPN is an NPO lapdog now?

(Hint: Their treatyweb links them closer to C&G than anyone else.)

I like Kevlar, don't really know the other founders. I notice you don't have an official colour in your charter, but some of you seem to have red nations, so welcome to Red. :)
[/quote]

Actually their treaty web links them more closely with Polar and Co. than anyone, but yea calling them NPO lapdogs is kind of strange :P

Congratz to all you old timers creating a new alliance as this! I am sure you will all succeed!

Also to Kaos, If you are not voted the worst leader in GATO History, you now have a second alliance to do what your couldn't do in GATO!

Another thing... I think I would like to nom on some of your guys tech.... NOM NOM NOM (of course by tech deals.)

Good luck.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1280426121' post='2394120']
Congratz to all you old timers creating a new alliance as this! I am sure you will all succeed!

Also to Kaos, If you are not voted the worst leader in GATO History, you now have a second alliance to do what your couldn't do in GATO!

Another thing... I think I would like to nom on some of your guys tech.... NOM NOM NOM (of course by tech deals.)

Good luck.
[/quote]
Well, I was voted both the best and worst AC in GATO's history by a fair margin each. I think that says something about the quality of my leadership.

And to be perfectly honest, all the "bad stuff" that ever happened surrounding me, or because of me, happened while I was not in elected office.